I feel happy when I'm sad!

decadent88

Hi,y'all! :) 'been back after a long while.

Recently I realized a strange thing about myself; I actually feel happy and contented when I am sad and emotionally hurt (but NOT anxious and frustrated)

On the other hand I feel uncomfortable and anxious when I am so called happy and everything's booming!

I know this sounds nuts,... but anyone?

Last edited:

Necrucifer

Wow really? I felt like crap when I got dumped from a 2 year relationship but at the same time I felt free of chains and shackles haha...I guess thats similar but other than that do you have any idea why you feel that way? I would like to know for sure haha.

decadent88

So...and forgive me for this... You're only happy when it rains?

Maybe! I think here I made a confusion... when I said happy I didn't mean 'all jumping with joy' kinda thing! Haha! :p But a serenity and a sense of calmness inside me.

Weird! Right? :) ::eek::

Agent_Violet

Maybe! I think here I made a confusion... when I said happy I didn't mean 'all jumping with joy' kinda thing! Haha! :p But a serenity and a sense of calmness inside me.

Weird! Right? :) ::eek::

i know what you mean. some people don't feel alive unless they've been through emotional turmoil or had their heart broken.

i guess that's why there's a whole song about it...AND it was a popular song too. You're probably not as alone as you think.

decadent88

Wow really? I felt like crap when I got dumped from a 2 year relationship but at the same time I felt free of chains and shackles haha...I guess thats similar but other than that do you have any idea why you feel that way? I would like to know for sure haha.

Dude, I can absolutely relate! Few years back I tore myself away from a relationship that I was inexorably 'falling' into but at the same time knew was not meant for me! and I knew I would be dumped eventually!

That was the only girl I have ever felt something for till yet. But the day I ended it, I took a fresh breath after a long time and a beautiful sense of 'letting go' washed over me.

Anyway. 'nuff rant! take care. :)

decadent88

i know what you mean. Some people don't feel alive unless they've been through emotional turmoil or had their heart broken.

I guess that's why there's a whole song about it...and it was a popular song too. You're probably not as alone as you think.

....... :)

AsTimeBurns

Listening to sad songs and watching sad films makes me sort of..content. I suppose it's because, although the 2 emotions are very different, in reality they are pretty close together.

You cry when you are happy, so why not smile when you are sad?

Waybuloo

I feel all safe and warm and fuzzy inside when I hurt. I think I don't know how to be happy. If you're happy when you're sad then clap your hands..*clap clap*

R3K

sometimes i'll sulk around and feel sorry for myself... sometimes it gets elaborate and interesting, and i find myself enjoying my own pity party. i think this is similar to what you're experiencing - maybe.

decadent88

I get it a little bit :)

Personally, I feel happy when I'm happy :)-P) but I'm far more likely to be anxious that my happiness will be short-lived.
At least when I'm sad it's a case of 'the only way is up' and I'm less likely to be as anxious.

But I prefer just being happy :)

Yeah, Same here. :)

decadent88

sometimes i'll sulk around and feel sorry for myself... sometimes it gets elaborate and interesting, and i find myself enjoying my own pity party. i think this is similar to what you're experiencing - maybe.

Actually, as a musician,nothing inspires me like sadness. But self pity is kinda different.

decadent88

Listening to sad songs and watching sad films makes me sort of..content. I suppose it's because, although the 2 emotions are very different, in reality they are pretty close together.

You cry when you are happy, so why not smile when you are sad?

Nicely put. Actually when I get hurt or sad again and again, a feeling of blithe nonchalance engulfs me... and I love that feeling. It helps me view deeper. Take a moment and observe what's going on instead of jumping ahead and going with the flow.

fadedteal

When you're sad it's similar to having light shed into your darkness. You have been in darkness for too long that light shedding into darkness hurts your eyes, but you will be able to see more clearly after that. Thus, the happiness.