I can't help myself but wonder

OceanMist

I just talked to this girl on Plenty Of Fish.

About her, she is attractive, and let's face it, that's all you need on there if you are a woman and want to receive messages.

Anyway, she just confessed to me that she averages over 30 messages a month. Good god, that is insane when you compare that to me who gets like 1 message a month.

I even told her that's crazy. I mean, I'm not even bad looking and all I get is 1 message a month from some woman I'm not even attracted to.

She tries to give me the "not all the messages are good" and I'm like "okay, so some of them are. Try never getting messages at all, then no messages are ever good."

This is just a rant. I have no question I'm asking, just letting out my anger.

laure15

Wow, she must be very popular! But I remember reading your other posts about going out with another woman. Did you end things with the other woman before exchanging messages with this one?

psych

Irritating, to hear this as I'm sitting alone on another Saturday night.
Two years, no action.
Doesn't solve any problems for me. I'm considered attractive, yet... (not that I always feel that way)
I really didn't have any luck on dating websites... I think the whole - secular, doesn't want kids thing works against me.
So does my age. :(

OceanMist

Wow, she must be very popular! But I remember reading your other posts about going out with another woman. Did you end things with the other woman before exchanging messages with this one?

As far as I'm concerned me and the other woman weren't in a relationship. We haven't even seen eachother for like 2 weeks now. And we live in the same city.

Anyway, this other woman I'm talking to is just for a survey. I'm curious as to how many messages an attractive woman gets on that site, and I got my answer.

Not sure what that woman I talked about before has to do with this post? Are you trying to find some reason to make me look bad again?

kristina303

I've gotten like 10 messages and I never even put a picture up. I signed up like 2 weeks ago. All the guys on there are just not attractive or they're all country guys which I hate. I don't even use it anymore.

kristina303

Two years, no action.
Doesn't solve any problems for me. I'm considered attractive, yet... (not that I always feel that way)
I really didn't have any luck on dating websites... I think the whole - secular, doesn't want kids thing works against me.

I don't want kids. There are woman out there who don't.

laure15

As far as I'm concerned me and the other woman weren't in a relationship. We haven't even seen eachother for like 2 weeks now. And we live in the same city.

Anyway, this other woman I'm talking to is just for a survey. I'm curious as to how many messages an attractive woman gets on that site, and I got my answer.

Not sure what that woman I talked about before has to do with this post? Are you trying to find some reason to make me look bad again?

No need to get defensive. I was just asking.

OceanMist

Two years, no action.

The age could be a factor but I guarantee you the "doesn't want kids" thing is not working against you.

If anything not wanting kids should work for you. A lot of guys run when they hear a woman has a kid or want a kid.

The main thing is profiles are so petty compared to pictures. Pictures are practically everything on dating sites. Most men will just look at your pic and decide whether to message you.

OceanMist

Hellhound, you may as well not post on my threads. I have you on ignore, no offense.

It's just you insisted on calling me a mysoginist on every one of my posts, it got kind of old.

I'm not a mysoginist and I'm not really interested in what you have to say anymore. Sorry.

You defriending me sure didn't help.

Hellhound

Super Moderator
I can't defriend you because I didn't even add you in the first place. Stop being a liar to try to make me look bad.

How nice of you. I didn't even say anything and you just snapped at me.

Some people in this forum are so full of love I can't even describe it.

coyote

Two years, no action.

those all sound like pluses to me =^]

Emerald_

I've seen many men 'rant' on about how a lot of women on dating sites aren't short of messages, but it is quality, not quantity. Try and think of it from the woman's perspective, she is not a piece of meat.

n.b. I have never used a dating site nor have any intentions of doing so.

OceanMist

I've seen many men 'rant' on about how a lot of women on dating sites aren't short of messages, but it is quality, not quantity. Try and think of it from the woman's perspective, she is not a piece of meat.

n.b. I have never used a dating site nor have any intentions of doing so.

I already discussed that in my post.

While many of the messages women receive are shady messages that aren't worth their while, they get so many messages that it adds up to many of the messages being worth their while even if it's a smaller percentage.

When you compare that to let's say an average looking male on that site, he hardly gets any messages which means he has nothing at all to work with while the woman still has a fair amount of messages to work with.

An example:

Let's say a woman gets like 10 messages from different men in a month. Let's say out of those a whopping 7 out of 10 of those messages are guys she's not interested in. Okay, but 3 still are. That's a ton of men in one month to take your pick from.

On the other side, you take a man with equal looks to that woman and he's lucky if a woman gives him 1 message in a month. Let's say he's not interested in that woman, what's he left with? Nothing.

It's not just like that on online dating, the real world is the same theme.

truffleshuffle

I already discussed that in my post.

While many of the messages women receive are shady messages that aren't worth their while, they get so many messages that it adds up to many of the messages being worth their while even if it's a smaller percentage.

When you compare that to let's say an average looking male on that site, he hardly gets any messages which means he has nothing at all to work with while the woman still has a fair amount of messages to work with.

An example:

Let's say a woman gets like 10 messages from different men in a month. Let's say out of those a whopping 7 out of 10 of those messages are guys she's not interested in. Okay, but 3 still are. That's a ton of men in one month to take your pick from.

On the other side, you take a man with equal looks to that woman and he's lucky if a woman gives him 1 message in a month. Let's say he's not interested in that woman, what's he left with? Nothing.

It's not just like that on online dating, the real world is the same theme.
Its becasue in our society the men are the ones that are supposed to be the agresser. Thats why men don;t get many messages and women get alot.

Emerald_

^^ You wouldn't know that, so your example also has zero credibility.

If you don't like it, don't participate. If you do, be proactive and message women you're interested in, instead of being resentful that you're not being 'chased'.

I repeat, quality not quantity.

OceanMist

^^ You wouldn't know that, so your example also has zero credibility.

If you don't like it, don't participate. If you do, be proactive and message women you're interested in, instead of being resentful that you're not being 'chased'.

I repeat, quality not quantity.

How would I not know that? I have living proof.

I have dated women in the flesh from those dating sites that admitted that they receive a bunch of messages. Most of these women weren't even good-looking. I've had numerous accounts of people I've spoken with that have talked about all the messages women get.

If I don't like it, don't participate? Well, I don't really have much of a choice. Online dating isn't that much different than real life. Women don't have to initiate conversations in the real world either, and instead of messages it's men approaching them in person.

I kind of have to participate in the dating world if I want a date. It's either that or just be alone all the time.

Don't tell me how to feel. You will never know what it's like to be a shy guy in the dating world.

OceanMist

Its becasue in our society the men are the ones that are supposed to be the agresser. Thats why men don;t get many messages and women get alot.

Well, yeah, I know that. The way it's set up is in women's favor though. That was my complaint.

When you take equally looking men to women on online dating, the difference between how easy they have it is catastrophically tilted in the woman's favor.

Emerald_

How would I not know that? I have living proof.

I have dated women in the flesh from those dating sites that admitted that they receive a bunch of messages. Most of these women weren't even good-looking. I've had numerous accounts of people I've spoken with that have talked about all the messages women get.

If I don't like it, don't participate? Well, I don't really have much of a choice. Online dating isn't that much different than real life. Women don't have to initiate conversations in the real world either, and instead of messages it's men approaching them in person.

I kind of have to participate in the dating world if I want a date. It's either that or just be alone all the time.

Don't tell me how to feel. You will never know what it's like to be a shy guy in the dating world.

What a charmer! You are coming across as quite bitter and hostile about it all, maybe it's not your gender affecting the amount of messages you get...

Good luck with it.