I also fantasize about death

djole

I'm 29 and when I think about it I can recall starting at age 12 to have fantasies on the subject.
It's a daily occurrence for me and most of my days start with that. I usually wake up well before I have to and just wish that somehow I was dead and that I wouldn't have to deal with most of the things today. I wish for nights never to end and I wish that i don't have to get up in the morning. I mostly think of falling and getting shot or ran over sometimes. I am dreaming up ways to make it look like an accident without hurting anyone. I guess I'm scared and lazy, even horrible injury would be a welcome prospect just as long as it removes some of the expectations and obligations off of my back.
This is a good name for the website because i think that it is exactly what is wrong with me, I have social phobia and i feel awkward and thought-through and I wish I wasn't.

Error

I feel the same way as you. But I'm afraid of feeling pain. If I had a method to die painlessly and quickly, I wouldn't be here now. I think they should perform euthanasia at the hospitals. And not just for terminally ill people, but to all people who just want to die.

But since we are alive, try to keep on living and just don't care too much about the problems you have.

Agent_Violet

trying googling the figures on how many young children die from cancer each year while you're talking about how much you want to die and fantasize about death.

i'm not trying to be mean but seriously, VALUE YOUR LIFE. Think about all the people out there who get their lives stolen from them every.single.day. and here you are wanting to throw yours away.

Even if it sucks, life IS a precious thing. Unfortunately, you probably won't realize how precious it is until you're breathing your last breath.

goldatom

Dying is both easy and hard. It's an easy way out without doing anything else. Yet if it was so easy, you would have done it already. That's why it isn't really a solution.

sab

i have this problem too, but sometimes i kind of slap myself and tell myself that i'm too good to die yet. i dont exactly know why i feel so down most of the time,sure,i only have a few friends,but that doesnt mean my life is miserable.

sometimes i also fantasize living in a world with only me and a few ppl i know in it

Sometimes i try to think of all those ppl who have a harder life than me but still try hard to survive, do this as sincerely as you can,it might just help.

Error

Thinking about miserable people to feel better... ummm...
You know, we are probably better than a king in the 15th century. And worst than a bum of the 25th century.

I'm don't care if I'm the luckiest guy on earth. If I feel bad, if I feel my life is painful, that's all that matters. On the other hand, I wouldn't mind being the unluckiest guy on earth, as long as I was happy.

Many people try reasoning with me using that same argument. It just does not work with me... maybe I'm too ungrateful and selfish, I know... but I feel really bad.

(Browser crashed - lost my whole post ::(:, but here are the main points i had)

I think death is under-rated (& life overrated)

But I'll have to agree with Agent_Violet - (your) life is precious, but maybe life after death is MORE precious? It's definately more "you" (as no false fascades, roles, materialism,.. to hide behind)

I've many times in the past really wished i was dead (& fantasized a little about it)

Opposite of birth is ...... death
Opposite of life is ...... LIFE HAS NO OPPOSITE!!!

I don't condone suicide, as a general rule, but i do understand why people do it.

Body/personality dies, "Spirit" lives on.

The people left behind can suffer greatly, but is due to their beliefs about death.

Death is as natural as birth. So WHY hate/despise/fear/etc it??

Last edited:

fitftw

When I was very little, I remember playing in the backyard and occasionally hearing a plane pass overhead. I used to say out loud in a regular voice "please drop a bomb" and I would say this every time a plane passes over me to this day (now I keep it in my head though so nobody thinks I'm crazy.)

I also wish every day to die in my sleep. I spend my days at home unemployed, sometimes cleaning, most of the time laying in bed on the internet.

You could always visit this "Suicide Roller Coaster" in Lithuania.

"The three-minute ride involves a long, slow, climb -- nearly a third of a mile long -- that lifts one up to a height of more than 1,600 feet, followed by a massive fall and seven strategically sized and placed loops. The final descent and series of loops take all of one minute. But the gravitational force -- 10 Gs -- from the spinning loops at 223 miles per hour in that single minute is lethal."

Suicide by Roller Coaster : Discovery News

Kiwong

I don't want to die, I'm really starting to enjoy myself. Wouldn't have said that a few years ago.

Nanita

I have a lot of thoughts about dying. Pretty much everyday. Not exactly wanting to die, but I dont want to live either.