Hurricane Sandy

truffleshuffle

No I feel the same way. Tornadoes are absolutely terrifying to me (I mean even the sight of one, and sometimes even pictures scare me), but I still feel slightly excited when I hear the rare tornado watch too. We're from the same state btw, so I can relate exactly :p

I am use to tornados I live in tornado ally but i still get nightmares because of them

Roman Legion

It's caused some bad snow here in the Appalachian mountains on the Virginia side, West Virginia side I hear is far worse. My car is snowed in right now, which doesn't bother me at all since I have nowhere to go right now, but it is hindering my putting together of a video of living in a Ford Mustang. As soon as I can pull it out into sunlight to melt the snow off, I can make it. Other than that, I have power but like I am used to never having—a source of heat. Can't complain, it's a typical winter for me.

laure15

I just noticed how "quiet" this forum is today compared to the days before. Usually, when I log into SPW, I see around 170 - 200 new posts per day, but today, I only see around 76. I wonder if this is because of Hurricane Sandy. Some people live on the East Coast and lost access to electricity.

JackOfSpades

I live in NY so it's only natural that the NY media covers a NY event very closely. In my opinion it hasn't been overly sensationalized. It's the most devastating weather event this city has ever seen and one that has affected not only the day to day lives of people here greatly, but large parts of the business sector, which has to have economic repercussions way beyond our borders.

cowboyup

Best wishes to everyone on the East coast.
From news sources, tv, etc., it looks horrible.
I am glad here on SPW we are hearing from some of you who live out there and that you guys are OK.
My grandmother is in N.C. - she said she just got some rain, so I am happy nothing hit her area like NY, NJ, etc.

...my SIL irritated me with this conversation about the hurricane. She called people 'stupid' for not being more prepared. I posted it under 'off-topic'

I'm still upset by her comments.

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
It did get pretty windy and rainy up here, but fortunately everyone was prepared.

hurricaneneeds.jpeg