Hurricane Sandy

Remus

Staff member
I was wondering how the members over on the east coast of the USA are faring up? The hurricane looks extremely bad on the news over here. Is everyone OK?

A1621

I'm from MA and we didn't get it so bad. I still have power .. just some trees down and a little minor flooding but where I work has no power from last night.

I read that some parts of NYC were 6 feet under water!

Labyrinthine

Still don't have power here. Surprisingly I didn't get any flooding, though a lot of the cities surrounding me did.

I hope everyone is okay, and staying safe and dry.

Edit;
As soon as I posted this, the power turned on. I do believe I jinxed myself.
Now to work on the mess that's the backyard. A majority of my fence is down.

Last edited:

Pookah

Downed trees, power outages, closed roads etc near me. Work closed today. The worst of it with flooding and such is definitely the coast. About 30 minutes from me in Atlantic City there is major damage.

MikeyC

I hope everyone remains safe in the hurricane's area. From what I've seen it's a really intense storm.

All we got was some intense wind and rain yesterday, and then it quieted down. It's been quiet ever since. Not sure if it will start up again. It's mostly been fun, though, I like being stuck in the house with a storm raging outside :D As long as it doesn't become dangerous, of course.

A1621

I like being stuck in the house with a storm raging outside :D As long as it doesn't become dangerous, of course.

You too? :D And the danger part .. there's almost something, "appealing" about that too. Like on the rare occasion of a threat of a tornado around my area, I stare intently at the sky waiting for it to go green. What IS that? Lol! I don't WANT a tornado tearing through but .. there's something about nature flexing it's muscles that is so .. humbling .. and exciting at the same time.

Or maybe I'm just weird. ::p:

You too? :D And the danger part .. there's almost something, "appealing" about that too. Like on the rare occasion of a threat of a tornado around my area, I stare intently at the sky waiting for it to go green. What IS that? Lol! I don't WANT a tornado tearing through but .. there's something about nature flexing it's muscles that is so .. humbling .. and exciting at the same time.

No I feel the same way. Tornadoes are absolutely terrifying to me (I mean even the sight of one, and sometimes even pictures scare me), but I still feel slightly excited when I hear the rare tornado watch too. We're from the same state btw, so I can relate exactly :p

Hope everyone is doing well out there, I'm following the news, it's so tragic, i hope all the people will be in safety and that the water will be pull down soon.

coyote

i'm not even on the east coast, and we have twenty foot waves hitting the shore on the lake michigan side of the peninsula; 10 foot waves on the bay side.

all the leaves i raked to the curb on sunday have been blown back onto the lawn :[

i hope everyone out east is fairing well

MikeyC

No, I understand this. When we get severe weather warnings for floods or wind, I anticipate it with glee. I love it.

all the leaves i raked to the curb on sunday have been blown back onto the lawn :[
I'm sorry, dude. :<