Humidity

Weirdo

I was just wondering why everyone is talking about how much humidity sucks, because it slows the sweat evaporation process or whatever. I'm no genius but I assume that humidity is at its peak when it rains? I usually don't sweat at all during rainy days. I also knew a girl that moved to some country with higher humidity and when I asked her about it, she said that she did infact sweat less but didn't know why.

dmdmm

I don't know about it making you sweat more or less, but humidity makes it feel much much hotter. Plus you can't escape it in the shade.

Lorraine Manca

the worse humidity ive ever experienced was in charleston. it was so humid you practically felt like you were swimming wherever you went, its like breathing underwater too. and the grossest part was that the hotel sheets in several hotels were wet from the humidity. i never knew what folks were complaining about till going there, it was like another planet! sweat or no sweat its a really gross feeling

Broch

I sweat more when it's humid out, which is pretty much 90% of the time here in Florida. But I think that it's more because the moisture in the air makes me feel clammy, and therefore triggers the mental stress of sweating, which then causes me to actually sweat. No evidence, but that's what I think.

Ashiene

I live in (probably) the most humid country in the world just beside the equator and everyone sweats here throughout the year. That same, suffocating heat and humidity is always present, even when it rains. Humidity actually contributes to sweating because with higher humidity levels the body is unable to cool as quickly so it heats up and releases more sweat.

teandtoast

weirdo - do you actually have HH ?

humidty makes my HH really bad you just feel sticky and hot and horrible
yuk
if only was winter the whole time

Emily_G

It gets pretty humid here in Ohio. I hate it. My hair gets really frizzy and I sweat... a lot!!!

apollo

It is pretty humid in Ottawa. I'm not sure about sweating more or less in humid temps but I find humidity suffocating in the summer. I prefer a dryer climate hands down.

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
It's terrible in North Carolina during the summer. I can endure heat, but being suffocated by humidity will drive you nuts.

Devrium

I went to visit my family in Florida once. It was the middle of Winter and I was flying in from northern WA so I was dressed in winter clothes.. and I remember getting off the plane and just like stripping in the airport and thinking to myself, "Holy hell, how do people breathe down here.. if I am going to survive I will have to grow gills." The humidity was terrible... Also I am from the high desert so I am used to really dry air. Even when I go to CA I can notice the humidity difference and it takes me weeks to adjust.. any little bit bothers me... I hate it...

margiehope

I absolutely sweat more in humid weather. I know people who don't seem to feel it, but they aren't HH people. Couldn't live without my AC. (Well, yeah, I could live--but would be miserable.)

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
I went to visit my family in Florida once. It was the middle of Winter and I was flying in from northern WA so I was dressed in winter clothes.. and I remember getting off the plane and just like stripping in the airport and thinking to myself, "Holy hell, how do people breathe down here.. if I am going to survive I will have to grow gills." The humidity was terrible... Also I am from the high desert so I am used to really dry air. Even when I go to CA I can notice the humidity difference and it takes me weeks to adjust.. any little bit bothers me... I hate it...

It must have been like landing on Mars for you. Ha Ha

I've been to Arizona, and I can honestly say that dry-heat at 115 degrees is not as bad as 100 degrees and stifling, swamp-muck humidity levels.

It's so oppressive and miserable. It feels like a really hot, wet, towel gets draped over the south for 3-and-a-half-months out of the year.

mrb

i love the heat always have , shorts and flip flops gazza is a happy little gazza , but if i have to wear a tee shirt i hate it , cos its to hot , so i walk around half naked ....

My HH doesn't seem to bother me as much during the summer months. I live in Florida and it's hot and humid in the summer time. We have warm days in the winter in comparison to other places, but the humidity at this time of year usually drops to around 20 -40 % and that's when my hands and feet sweat the most. I can't keep my hands and feet warm enough in the winter, even while I'm in the house.