Human race/animals

emre43

Just came across this on the internet:

'Earlier today, I saw something that the rest of you would pass out seeing. A raccoon dog, being skinned for its fur, alive and without care. HE was still alive afterwards, drenched in blood and still bleeding. It was a picture and this poor dog lifted it's head up to see the camera. And died 3 minutes later. ....You all make me sick. Every single on of you...You damn humans only think of yourselves...you kill for food....you kill for entertainment.....you kill for fur.....you are TERRIBLE....You humans don't care about the lives of other animals. YOU ONLY CARE ABOUT YOURSELVES....I SERIOSLY HATE THE HUMAN RACE...I NO LONGER CONSIDER MYSELF A HUMAN. You poison poor dogs and cats in labs so they can test your new eyeliners and shampoos...You let them have needles shoved into their eyes and internal organs for testing...you let then get their heads decapitated off while in comeplete consciousness...you let them bleed...Animals are just liek us... Animals bleed just like we do... Animals are sad just like we are... Animals feel pain just like we do... Animals want to live just like we do... We are animals ourselves... WHY DON"T WE TEST ON EACHOTHER!?!?!?! WHY DO WE JUST ENJOY OUR LIVES WHILE OTHERS DONT?!?!?! ANIMALS RIGHT NOW HAE NO FOOD, WATER, SHELTER, THEY DONT HAVE ANYTHING. I HOPE YOU ALL LIKE BEING HUMANS BECAUSE I HATE IT. I DON'T WANT TO BE HUMAN. I HATETHE HUMAN RACE. GO KILL YOURSELVES!!!!!!'

Can't help but think that the world would be a much better place without us.

Unspoken

Animals kill for non-food purposes, too. That along with invasive species that threaten local ecosystems and grow and grow and grow with no thought for the species they're elbowing aside are well-documented.

Morality is a human concept, and it's a concept we struggle against our own baser natures to adhere to and convince society as a whole to agree upon and adhere to. We invented the idea of skinning an animal alive being wrong - to animals it's just pointless and inconvenient for all possible uses (killing prey, etc).

The number of people who abuse animals are a minority, I think. It's horrible, but pointing the finger at "humanity" shifts the blame to species where it doesn't belong. If you flee from humanity you won't find much refuge in the animal kingdom where rape and killing off your mate's babies from another male are an unquestioned way of life.

emre43

Great post, I totally agree with you! (I mean the OP)

I didn't write it but I agree with the concept of the person who did.

Unknown, other animals do not skin alive other animals for their fur. They go for the jugular and kill them outright before tucking into them. Also, what animals other than humans kill for fur and entertainment/sport?

And why is our answer to everything kill, kill, kill? Just heard that we want to cull deers in England because there are too many of them. Well, there are far more humans than deer. We are the biggest vermin on the planet by a long, long way.

Unspoken

Unknown, other animals do not skin alive other animals for their fur. They go for the jugular and kill them outright before tucking into them. Also, what animals other than humans kill for fur and entertainment/sport?

Invasive species:
Invasive species - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Domestic cats kill even if they are well-fed:
Cat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
To date, there are few scientific data available to assess the impact of cat predation on prey populations. Even well-fed domestic cats may hunt and kill, mainly catching small mammals, but also birds, amphibians, reptiles, fish and invertebrates. Hunting by domestic cats may be contributing to the decline in the numbers of birds in urban areas, although the importance of this effect remains controversial.

Orcas have been known to display some unnecessary behavior as well, tossing seals around with their noses and tails:

Killer Whales Toy with Sea Lion Pup - YouTube

Male lions will kill the cubs of previous males:
Lion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Furthermore, when one or more new males oust the previous male(s) associated with a pride, the conqueror(s) often kill any existing young cubs, perhaps because females do not become fertile and receptive until their cubs mature or die.

Ducks rape:
Mallard - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
When they pair off with mating partners, often one or several drakes end up "left out". This group sometimes targets an isolated female duck, even one of a different species, and proceeds to chase and peck at her until she weakens, at which point the males take turns copulating with the female. [...] Male Mallards also occasionally chase other male ducks of a different species, and even each other, in the same way. In one documented case of "homosexual necrophilia", a male Mallard copulated with another male he was chasing after the chased male died upon flying into a glass window.

It goes on... For all the individual humans who have no compassion, nature is violent and lawless pretty much as a rule because morality serves no purpose for animals. That's our idea. I know who I'm behind, and it's neither nature nor the people who are skinning animals alive.

By the way... the phrase "cat and mouse" didn't come from Tom and Jerry.

Last edited:

bcsr

Good post.

I despise animal cruelty as much as the next person, but to think that cruelty and brutality doesn't exist in nature is ridiculous.

Having owned cats at multiple points in my life, I can say with 100% certainty, animals do indeed kill for entertainment/sport.

Last edited:

JohnnAY

Dolphins get together and gang rape other smaller dolphins in their community before murdering them.

It's true that almost all species on earth act "immorally" at times, sometimes victimizing their own species or another species quite "horrendously".

But i think it's fair to say that humans "take the cake" over ALL species. As we regularly target, victimize, kill a GREAT MANY diffferent species on Earth. And in addition to that, we are completely destroying their habitats & ecosystems.

And the cause of all that is most likely our HUGE EGO's. We view ourselves as "above" all other species, which in our minds "justifies" almost all of the poor treatment we inflict on of the "lower" species.

But here's something to ponder: Practically ALL other species have been here, existed, evolved, for WAY, WAY, WAY LONGER than us humans. Which i would presume to make them WAY more "advanced" or "evolved" than us. YET in our minds, WE are the most evolved creatures on Earth. Just HOW is that possible????

emre43

Good post.

I despise animal cruelty as much as the next person, but to think that cruelty and brutality doesn't exist in nature is ridiculous.

Having owned cats at multiple points in my life, I can say with 100% certainty, animals do indeed kill for entertainment/sport.

I don't recall saying animal cruelty doesn't exist in the animal world.

Let's put it another way. If an animal kills a human it is hunted down and shot. If a human kills an animal it is okay. If a human kills another human he/she is sent to jail.

Shoving needles into animal's eyes/testing shampoo on them/making monkeys smoke, isn't even for entertainment it is for human beauty products. Animals do not have a moral system, we do. We should have learnt our right from our wrong by now, suffice to say we haven't.

Silatuyok

'Earlier today, I saw something that the rest of you would pass out seeing. A raccoon dog, being skinned for its fur, alive and without care. HE was still alive afterwards, drenched in blood and still bleeding. It was a picture and this poor dog lifted it's head up to see the camera. And died 3 minutes later. ....You all make me sick. Every single on of you...You damn humans only think of yourselves...you kill for food....you kill for entertainment.....you kill for fur.....you are TERRIBLE....You humans don't care about the lives of other animals. YOU ONLY CARE ABOUT YOURSELVES....I SERIOSLY HATE THE HUMAN RACE...I NO LONGER CONSIDER MYSELF A HUMAN. You poison poor dogs and cats in labs so they can test your new eyeliners and shampoos...You let them have needles shoved into their eyes and internal organs for testing...you let then get their heads decapitated off while in comeplete consciousness...you let them bleed...Animals are just liek us... Animals bleed just like we do... Animals are sad just like we are... Animals feel pain just like we do... Animals want to live just like we do... We are animals ourselves... WHY DON"T WE TEST ON EACHOTHER!?!?!?! WHY DO WE JUST ENJOY OUR LIVES WHILE OTHERS DONT?!?!?! ANIMALS RIGHT NOW HAE NO FOOD, WATER, SHELTER, THEY DONT HAVE ANYTHING. I HOPE YOU ALL LIKE BEING HUMANS BECAUSE I HATE IT. I DON'T WANT TO BE HUMAN. I HATETHE HUMAN RACE. GO KILL YOURSELVES!!!!!!'

I can understand this person's frustration, but freaking out about it doesn't do any good. And hating the human race is completely uncalled for. There are thousands of people who spend every waking minute of their lives trying to help animals. And of the ones who don't take good care of their animals, the vast majority do so out of ignorance. Education is the key, not vilification. It sounds to me like this person needs to get a grip and actually do something to help instead of going on a tirade. There are much more productive ways to use that energy.

laure15

'Earlier today, I saw something that the rest of you would pass out seeing. A raccoon dog, being skinned for its fur, alive and without care. HE was still alive afterwards, drenched in blood and still bleeding. It was a picture and this poor dog lifted it's head up to see the camera. And died 3 minutes later.'

I remember seeing the exact same thing on Youtube a few years back. It was horrific to watch.

You poison poor dogs and cats in labs so they can test your new eyeliners and shampoos...You let them have needles shoved into their eyes and internal organs for testing...you let then get their heads decapitated off while in comeplete consciousness...you let them bleed

I didn't know that. I would like to know which companies are doing this kind of testing. Sacrificing animals in the name of science. Some scientists will do anything to for breakthroughs, even discarding their ethics in the process.
Some people will argue that without animal experimentation, we will not get far ahead.

...Animals are just liek us... Animals bleed just like we do... Animals are sad just like we are... Animals feel pain just like we do... Animals want to live just like we do... We are animals ourselves...

Animals can be compassionate, loyal, cruel, just like humans.

Even if that's the case it would be a quick fix.

It may take millions of years, but what happens when the next dominant species is allowed to evolve and rise as the next intelligent species? Do they not have emotions? Survival instinct? Petty indifferences? Individual take on reality?

The very qualities we have that causes us to relief (compassion) and cause pain (sadism) in ourselves and others, are present in other animals/creatures too. I think it's a problem of intelligence, and the feeling of superiority it brings.

My point is; we're not so different from other animals. We are, for all intends and purposes, animals of the same origin as any other. Everything we do, say, create and think - is natural. We may not like to think it so, but we ARE part of nature.

History repeating itself is an inevitability.

Last edited:

emre43

I can understand this person's frustration, but freaking out about it doesn't do any good. And hating the human race is completely uncalled for. There are thousands of people who spend every waking minute of their lives trying to help animals. And of the ones who don't take good care of their animals, the vast majority do so out of ignorance. Education is the key, not vilification. It sounds to me like this person needs to get a grip and actually do something to help instead of going on a tirade. There are much more productive ways to use that energy.

Agreed....

Lea

Banned
He just wrote it in frustration and of course he didn´t mean it literally, he was just angry and I can totally relate to him, as I often feel the same. There is no need to bring facts and logic and explanations into it :rolleyes:

But inevitably when threads like this are posted, people feel the need to analyze and nitpick on it.

Unspoken

He just wrote it in frustration and of course he didn´t mean it literally, he was just angry and I can totally relate to him, as I often feel the same. There is no need to bring facts and logic and explanations into it :rolleyes:

But inevitably when threads like this are posted, people feel the need to analyze and nitpick on it.

Heaven forbid we want to encourage someone to look at humanity and nature in a different light when they post a disillusioned rant on a discussion board and not a personal blog. Let's all just go on emotional rampages willy-nilly in public and get pats on the back for expressing our feelings so well like children.

emre43

I didn't actually write it, I just copy and pasted it.

emre43

Heaven forbid we want to encourage someone to look at humanity and nature in a different light when they post a disillusioned rant on a discussion board and not a personal blog. Let's all just go on emotional rampages willy-nilly in public and get pats on the back for it like children.

I didn't write it.

Unspoken

I didn't write it.

Sorry. I stand by the general idea that offering a new perspective on an issue is a significantly better option than just patting someone on the back for expressing their feelings. Staying stuck in our way of thinking with no new input is the fastest way to stagnation.