How was your thanksgiving?

Moa

I got really sick and didn't have to go to dinner. So it was actually a pretty good holiday for me. :)

N0D

Banned
I resisted the urge to eat the extremely yummy looking turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, and broccoli on thanksgiving, cause I'm more stubborn than a rock and have to tell my parents how they celebrate the genocide of the Indians (or native Americans if you are a ****. But also take advantage of the "official" yummy). anyway yesterday was no longer thanksgiving so gobbled the leftovers.

DeadmanWalking

I ate and had to help my cousin and aunt understand variables. I'm doing homework on a school vacation, and it's not even mine::p:! But, seriously though, it was busy, but I guess I can say I enjoyed it.

Phoenixx

Mine was just average. Didn't spend time with any extended family, just at home with my immediate family. Helped make dinner as usual, ate, cleaned up afterwards, that's about it. Nothing exciting.

this_portrait

It was really just my parents and me. I had my "dinner" at around 11 in the morning. Later on I ran and then tried to work on homework. It was rather uneventful.

coyote

Black Friday, November 25th, 2011

A customer in my store was overheard mentioning to his wife how much he'd like to buy the double breasted Nautica wool pea coat because it was just like the old government issue pea coat he wore during his tour in the United States Navy during the Vietnam conflict. Unfortunately, the coat was out of their budget. Another customer overheard the couple talking. He and his children graciously thanked the first man for his service to our country. While the veteran and his wife continued to shop, the second customer went to the counter and asked what the purchase price of the coat would be. He then bought a Gift Card for that amount and gave it to the first man so that he could have the pea coat.

Now that's what the spirit of the Holidays are all about.

Aletheia

Indians (or native Americans if you are a ****)

I must be a **** because I prefer native American. If I hear Indian, I assume an Indian from, you know, India.

He then bought a Gift Card for that amount and gave it to the first man so that he could have the pea coat.

There are times when I love humanity. This is one.

Last edited:

Aletheia

Huh. I've just read that the term Native American is controversial, and that "according to the US Census Bureau, 50% of people who identified as indigenous preferred the term 'American Indian'".

So maybe I'll keep my preferences to myself.

Etbow23

It was good--I had dinner and even though i feel uncomfortable visiting with family, I was surprised/happy that they were friendly with me (I've had some rocky past few years with them..). So I was glad about that. But I still feel awkward about my shyness/how I'm not as friendly as I would like to be.

One good thing is that I felt really appreciative of all I have. A lot of times I find myself so unhappy about this and that, that I don't make enough money, that things haven't gone like they should've for me...but then I was able to look around and see all I do have...good food on thanksgiving, a car, a house, the privilege to go to college...a lot of people can't say that in this world.

Eh anyways, I think one thing that could really help me with my issues with anxiety & depression would be volunteering. If I can get over the social anxiety aspect of just getting out there & doing things...I think I would feel really great to go do other things and that way I won't just be thinking about my own little problems constantly. I used to do a program where I took my dog to visit residents at a nursing home...we'll see. I would like to do something with animals & maybe for the holidays for children.

It's amazing..working in retail, I see just how many spoiled people there are. Just yesterday, a little boy threw a tantrum because his mother told me to tell him we don't sell a type of toy he wanted. Of course, she was buying $200 worth of toys and clothes for him...something that as a child I would never have dreamed of. And the teen girls whose mothers buy $400 worth of clothes...some of them are nice, but yesterday I had one malicious girl who was like smiling at me evilly...her mom was buying her a bunch of clothes and she was like "mom I really need leggings" and whining and her mother was like "don't worry I'll get them for you we just have to go to the mall"...eh some people really don't appreciate all they have.

Etbow23

Black Friday, November 25th, 2011

A customer in my store was overheard mentioning to his wife how much he'd like to buy the double breasted Nautica wool pea coat because it was just like the old government issue pea coat he wore during his tour in the United States Navy during the Vietnam conflict. Unfortunately, the coat was out of their budget. Another customer overheard the couple talking. He and his children graciously thanked the first man for his service to our country. While the veteran and his wife continued to shop, the second customer went to the counter and asked what the purchase price of the coat would be. He then bought a Gift Card for that amount and gave it to the first man so that he could have the pea coat.

Now that's what the spirit of the Holidays are all about.

Wow that is amazing--it's great to hear other things besides the pepper spray incident this Black Friday (gives me hope about humanity!)

Anyways, it's good to hear that you too must brave Black Friday like me and other retail workers who deal with shyness/social anxiety. It's hard for us.

WeirdyMcGee

Spent Canadian Thanksgiving with my Metis grandmother and uncles.
She still insisted on being 'head chef' all day, even though she was hooked up to an oxygen machine and had to sit in a chair the whole time.
haha
Made baked sweet potatos, mashed potatoes, corn on the cob, broccoli, bannock, Ham, pineapple, cranberries, rhubarb pie, pumpkin pie (and pemmican for snacking XD)
We'd usually catch and fry up fresh pickerel but that tradition went away when Grandpa died last February.
The ham was lovely, though.
Grandma was quite happy with the feast.

Extended family and friends came to visit - I cleaned up the aftermath and kept people from fighting.
Slept for 16 hours the next day, then went home.

I spent American Thanksgiving laying in bed, trying to sleep. hah

I took two Benadryl, two Inderal, and a Mountain Dew before going to my mother's family get-together. And I talked. A lot. And I ate. A lot. And then I talked some more. I was clearly uninhibited that afternoon. Then I came home and passed out.

Moa

I took two Benadryl, two Inderal, and a Mountain Dew before going to my mother's family get-together. And I talked. A lot. And I ate. A lot. And then I talked some more. I was clearly uninhibited that afternoon. Then I came home and passed out.

Wow, that's quite the cocktail! You must have had fun, lol. ::p:

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
I have much to be thankful for. I had much of delightful overindulgence with my friends.

Also, the truck is still stuck in the mud.

And my firepit ate one of my chairs.

Oops.