how to get over a crush you see everyday?

So let's say you and your crush work in the same place and your desks are very near. Everyday you hear their voice, see how cheerful they act but totally ignore you like you don't even exist. How can you move on? and how long you think it would take?

WeirdyMcGee

The time thing is honestly different for everyone.
I'm not so sure about crushes, really-- not my department but as with anything, I would say that distraction is key.

Keeping yourself distracted so that you aren't transfixed on this person could be enough to make you slowly forget about your admiration for them... then again; what's so wrong with admiring someone you work with?
If it doesn't get in the way of your work or give you too much pain; having a crush could be kind of fun, couldn't it?

Don't listen to me because i generally give bad advice but what i would do is find someone outside of work to have a crush on.

Metal_isthe_Answer

So let's say you and your crush work in the same place and your desks are very near. Everyday you hear their voice, see how cheerful they act but totally ignore you like you don't even exist. How can you move on? and how long you think it would take?

I found myself extremely attracted to a girl who sat in front of me in my English class last semester, I think she new but neither of us said anything (I wouldnt have anyway) Its been about 2 months since Ive seen her but I still think about her, she was basically a physical manifestation of my dream girl.

Don't listen to me because i generally give bad advice.........
^ Since when!? :idontknow: who told you that? :thumbdown:

Having a crush on someone at work is really heartbreaking :sad: I have been there.
Although all of my time around him was taken up in concentrating on making sure he did not notice that I had a crush on him, lol :blushing:

If you know that your crush is absolutely not interested in you in the least little bit, the best thing to do imo is find something you dislike about them.
No one is perfect, everyone has faults. Find a fault with them and use that (exaggerate it in a worst case scenario if you have to) to concentrate on whenever you have to hear or be around them. This helped to erase the crush for me. It may work for you?

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
That's tough, since the best way to get over someone is to avoid them until your head is back on-straight.

It would be best to take them off that pedestal you have them on by taking notes of all the things you don't like about them, though it'll probably be tricky at first. The fact that she seems to ignore you may be a good place to start. Because why like someone who doesn't like you?

Moving forward, I think it should be your biggest criteria when looking at prospective romantic partners. It's a nice way to keep from wasting your time before things get too deep to fix. I think it will empower you, as well. That's not to say dislike them, just don't start ripping your heart out for someone who's not going to be into it.

numb embryonic

I had a crush on my first job in retail back in 1998 - 2000. She didn't work on my department, she worked a few aisles down in a grocery store. I was 21 she was 17/18. Anyway, she never made any effort to talk to me or even noticed me for over 1 year, when onetime she caught me directly staring at her as she walked past my aisle. She gave me a slight smile but I thought nothing of it. I never approached her after that smile. I was like thinking to myself "whatever" "Is she ever gonna make an effort to talk to me? She would of done it by now"

A few months later she maliciosuly said to a work colleague "he's so gay and ugly. And that hair!" at me as I walked past her. It was then that I knew I'm not gonna bother with her. She's not a nice person if shes gonna do that. At the time I had very little confidence in my looks - built like a preteen, very young looking. Had previous abuse from women about my looks. Looking back I could of gotten her fired for slander, but I didn't. Damn I should of!!

Anyway I learnt something - never have a "oneitis" or an infactuation for 1 girl and 1 girl only like i did. She was the only girl I had a crush on for a while, when I should of tried to meet dozens. I was a bit of a recluse and didn't have guy friends to socialize with. Try to meet more people, expand yourself, you'll meet other girls you'll have feelings for.

Last edited: