how often do you feel happy

Rembrandt Broam

It depends on the situation. Something very small, which might seem insignificant to others, might make me have a sudden "peak" of happiness. A lot of the time I just feel numb, rather than sad. Other times I feel depressed.

I think I have become quite adept at faking "OK-ness", as I do that a lot of the time.

seafolly

Eh...in the summer I'm more "flat" than sad. I have to move home and often am in a rural area where we don't have neighbours around. I really am a social girl (yes, contradiction to the agoraphobia but I miss people so much!) so the lack of interaction gets me a little down during those months. Any time a friend drives out to visit (since that's the only way to get here) I feel happy. :) Only 21 more days of summer though, then it's off to the Rocky Mountains for some field work! :D

I wonder how agoraphobics deal with camping for 3 weeks? An interesting experiment this will be!

chris11

Whenever I find myself making a great deal of progress on something. So, usually, about every 2nd day

zav943

I think I'm pretty neutral most of the time, but it doesn't take much to tip my emotions to either extreme anger or extreme happiness...and it's ALL dependant on my mindset.

So, say, while being neutral, I'm browsing facebook and see that some guy wrote something cheeky on the wall of a girl I like, that may mess up my entire week because my mind can't shrug that thought.

Or, maybe if I just happen to get a text message from said girl asking me what i did last weekend, that can make me very happy for the rest of the day.

The things that trigger my 'happy' response aren't really that many (jogging/sports is one BIG one)...so I would say..

I'm neutral 60% of the time, happy 15%, sad 20%, and depressed 5%

Some days/weeks, it's much, much worse

Kiwong

I have had some of the happiest days of my life the last two years.

I'm really happy when I am running. I have what I call running adventures, where I go in big races and fun runs. These experiences really bring me inspiration and happiness.

I am also happy when I am out in nature making new discoveries. The things I see in the wild really amaze me.

I am happy when taking photos of wlidflowers and nature. I am also happy taking photos of sport mainly runners at local races.

So I have had probably dozens of these happy days over the last few years.

I call them my brilliant days, that can't be taken away, not even by my anxiety.

Last edited:

seafolly

DaySeven-Patch2.JPG

^does this help? Perhaps a glimmer of a smile somewhere?

Blackwhite20days-3.JPG

^maybe she'll help? :D

seafolly

Nah, if bunnies or hamsters were the keys to happiness I think the humane societies would be awfully empty. ;) I guess I'm easy to please. I recently had my two dear (very old and sick) rats euthanized so the prospect of looking for a new pet does make me happy, at least a little.

(the critters pictured are up for adoption nearby)

Animals and photography make me happy so I really try and focus on those things on a daily basis. I think it gets me through!

Sara01

I would say it depends on how often I'm exercising. Also I finally got certain medications adjusted and I am able to feel happy for a good amount of time on a daily basis. But really, my runs make me happy I think. I love running with my dog, and on the beach where it is always beautiful.

seafolly

I KNOW RIGHT?

Sorry. I really shouldn't be looking at these guys. But I thought they were adorable too. ;) I have my eye on one of the hamsters. But shhh...

lyricalliaisons

Very rarely, if ever. I can't remember a time in my life when i was actually "happy." Even as a kid, though I wasn't depressed, I wasn't happy either. I've spent my whole life feeling like there's something wrong with me & I think it's hard to be happy when you feel that way.

SilverFire

I think "happiness" is really illusory -- even for the people that say that they feel "happy". I've felt joy; I've felt sorrow; I've felt numb; I've felt content, but happy -- that's a very rare emotion for me.

Ree_Ree

I have a history of major depression; well actually I've been depressed most of my life, since I was about 12 years old when I had to go to a school I hated, but I've been feeling better now for 3-4 months.

But I'm still not out of the woods yet. I still have depressed days - about 2-3 days a week, but for the most part I'm a mixture of happy and depressed. I can be both, on and off throughout the day.

On the other hand, it depends on the circumstances. If something good happens, I'm good and happy, but on the flip side, if something bad breaks out, I'm depressed all over again.

I spent the last few years being depressed and I'm only just now starting to be less depressed and more happy. I find that if I'm texting or hanging out with a friend, I'm always happy. I guess my default emotion is happy when I'm not thinking and just living in the moment.

EscapeArtist

I spent the last few years being depressed and I'm only just now starting to be less depressed and more happy. I find that if I'm texting or hanging out with a friend, I'm always happy. I guess my default emotion is happy when I'm not thinking and just living in the moment.

Not thinking and living in the moment, that's where I want to learn to be :)

DekKO

I'm usually just bored most of the time. Whenever I can play sports or anything is really when i'm most happy.