how much do you care about what others think

planetweirdo

On a scale of 1 to 10; how much do you care about what others think about you?

I think I'm a 9 or 10.:crying:

Quirk87

Banned
I don't really know. I guess it depends on who it is that I may be around. Different people influence me in different ways. Certain peoples opinions may be more valid and important than others.

What I do know is that everyone to some degree, cares about what other people think of them - we like to present ourselves to others in a way to accentuates our positive qualities. That is unless of course you have a mental illness that prevents that.

Entangled

I like to pretend that I do not care, but I obviously do.

Lets say an average of 8, it depends on the situation

Labyrinthine

It highly depends on the topic for me. If someone thinks I am lacking intelligence, for example, I care a lot. If someone thinks my style is lacking, I don't care quite so much. It does depend on the day you ask me though. Some days I am far more sensitive than other days. Sometimes I might care until I think about the reasoning behind what the person is saying.

jaim38

I used to be a 9 or 10. I even switch schools in the past because my reputation was ruined. But now it's a bit better.

When I was in middle school, I went out in the winter wearing this big puffy jacket. There was a group of older teenagers who pointed and laughed at me. I was so embarassed that I took off my jacket. Even though it was cold outside, I just didn't care. One of the girls probably felt bad about it so she told the other guys not to make fun of me. She even yelled at me to put on my jacket. I was so angry at my parents for buying me this big oversized puffy jacket so I complained to them but they could care less. They obviously didn't care how I dressed.

What I do know is that everyone to some degree, cares about what other people think of them - we like to present ourselves to others in a way to accentuates our positive qualities. That is unless of course you have a mental illness that prevents that.

My SA prevents me from doing this. When someone comments on my quietness/shyness for example, instead of being more loud or extraverted, I withdraw and become more quiet.

I like to pretend that I do not care, but I obviously do.

I do this too, put on a poker face until I'm out of sight.

Nooms

If I'm with strangers or with people from school or work, I'd say it's at a 7 or 8. When I'm with friends or family for example, just people that make me feel comfortable, it's more like 2-3.

planetweirdo

I try not to care what people think of me, but I just can't seem to stop worrying about what others think. I can't stand knowing that someone has a negative opinion about me. :sad:

vickiekitties

Generally I'm received quite well; it's not something I worry about. Maybe if that wasn't the case I might worry more.
Maybe like, 4.

Genata

I try not to care what people think of me, but I just can't seem to stop worrying about what others think. I can't stand knowing that someone has a negative opinion about me. :sad:

Same here, bud. Absolutely the same. Except that people don't have negative opinion about me, they really hate me or they just ingore me like i never existed.

You are not alone.

jaim38

It's kind of weird how I let positive comments fly by but negative comments pierce straight through my heart. It's like I subconsiously filter out the positives and let the negatives in. So I end up caring more about people's negative thoughts of me.