How many of us have attempted suicide?

Ashiene

i think about suicide all the time, but the fear of failing to kill myself and ending up worse than before is greater than the fear of living with SP.

so i havent attempted it yet.

Ericisme

Ashiene said:
i think about suicide all the time, but the fear of failing to ***** and ending up worse than before is greater than the fear of living with SP.

so i havent attempted it yet.

Depends on how your living with SP, the majority of them seem to have friends, job, a partner, etc. At the least 1 of them.

ilunga

I think about it a lot, but I don't want to ruin my family. And I am too much of a coward to do it anyway

Sacrament

Ashiene said:
drd77 said:
one thing i don't get is how you could try and fail. if you don't want to fail, then a shotgun to the face is a sure shot at succeeding.

the front of the head is well protected by the skull. a shotgun hit there wouldnt kill you instantly sometimes, but if you intend to suicide by gun, place the barrel of the gun at the back of the head, where the brain stem is, and point it up a 45 degree angle. this way, the bullet severes the brain stem from the spinal cord, and the bullet travels upwards through the brain. the back of the head is also not as well protected.

K, brb.

playthepsychedelic said:
I've thought alot about it but I always ended up like a coward not even trying... I know it sounds pathetic but I think basically most of the time I don't really want to *****, I just want to shock the people around me, show them that my life's a bitch, that it's partly their fault,... make them see how fucked up my life got...
Anyway my dad's an insomniac so he has loads of triazolam (benzodiapide- strong sedatives) and I checked it out on the net if I would want to I could easily take like few milligrams of it, drink some vodka and I bet I could 'sleep in quietly'

Just wondering how is it partly their fault? Unless they bully you and make you feel bad or something, it's just your fault (don't mean to be mean but it's true). I have SA, I push people away, lock people out etc. but I know it's no-one's fault but my own, and I'm the only person who can fix it. I brought my depression and sadness upon myself and I accept that it's gonna have to be me that brings happiness and sunshine to my life.

KurtG85

Its no ones 'fault' unless of course you were majorly, majorly abused. Social anxiety and severe depression is usually simply a genetic predisposition.

Generical

I've always figured i would have a split second thought of regret, or more depending on how i would do it. The realisation that depression was just brainwashing me and it was all a mistake. That's probably just fear i guess but it's enough to stop me from doing it, which i'm glad of. Anyways luckily it's been a while since i've been that down.

Also a side note is i won't do it while my parents are still alive, i just wouldn't do it to them but that's just me - as in, my situation.

KurtG85

Yes, I have lost my brother and having gone through that I could not bring myself to put my family through another death. I am sure at least one of them would have killed themselves as a result and even if they didnt it would put them into an even more unimaginable hell.

Of course, once I realized the amazing potential of meds I have never had any real serious thoughts of suicide. It is so, so, so sad that some people never get the chance to realize that technology actually does exist to alter our brain chemistry to suddenly feel happy and actually allow us to be ourselves. I was lucky enough to stumble upon the potential of meds when I was put on adderall for declining grades that were thought to be related to ADD, which they were in a small part (of course my blatant suicidal depression didn't bother my parents a damn bit all the years before this but one slip up in grades and everybody freaks out... sheesh, just goes to show the moral immaturity of our society's mainstream culture).

You are right that depression does completely brainwash you. We are not ourselves at all when we are severely depressed. All of our individuality and life is literally drowned in a sea of debilitating, blinding negative emotion. This is a quite close to literal metaphor in terms of how our brains operate when bombarded with excessive emotion, they can't even process much anything else and hence our identity is lost in the sadness.

There is hope though. I can't begin to describe how much more horribly difficult it was to survive day to day when I had no idea that there actually was such tremendous hope in the form of modern life saving treatments for mental disorders.

marciaX3

i've attempted a few not serious and a few serious. i've tried almost everything from walking into traffic, pills (Rx and OTC), suffocating myself w/ my pillow, etc. i have yet to try the more serious ways like shooting myself and all that. i admit i'm curious about the liklihood of dying from inhaling car exhaust though...

freakystride

I haven't attempted suicide yet...But I have really wanted too. I'm just scared of a slow painful death
I wish there was just an off button you could press and you could just BING! be out of this world untill you were ready to come back...

nephatitus

3x times and something goes totally wrong

i tried to start the car in the garage with it closed and the battery was apparently dead

the other two attempts where the same

i tried to hang myself and the rope broke

i tried to cut my wrists but the blade fell down the sink

seriously god likes fcking with me :evil:

bretters

yep i did maybe 2 years ago now, im not sure what to think about it now - im in a weird place between wanting to and not wanting to....and im thankful for that.

kuze

ive thought about it but nvr had a serious attempt. on 1 end dying could end my pain, tht would b nice, on d other hand, dying because im ugly is a bad defeat 4 me. im just stuck in a bad situation now until it gets better or i come 2 d end of my rope

sshygurl924

I've never tried it. I've always thought about it as a kid up until now. Idk. I've always felt as if I was just a waste of space or sumthin.