How many of us have attempted suicide?

Ashiene

i only cut myself, lots of times, i think maybe 60 times, on the forearm, small cuts, but enough physical pain to distract me from my emotional pain.

like i mentioned before, now i associate pleasure with pain. i find pain very sensual and delightful...

NightTimeForever

I tried it, but you know, I feel it is the only solution for me. It's very depressing, and I hope reincarnation is real so I can have a second chance, even though I know it probably isn't.

I wish I was somebody else, not just anyone else, but...there are certain other people I'd rather be.

fadedteal

Some people say that if you suicide you don't get to reincarnate. Or else, your unfinished karma goes to the next life so you have to repeat what you haven't finished in the present life in the next one.
On my side, I have thought/planned to suicide before. Never tried though, because I don't want to be found dead at home by others. I'd probably make it to the newspapers if I do so. Sorry if this post is a lil depressing to you..

drd77

one thing i don't get is how you could try and fail. if you don't want to fail, then a shotgun to the face is a sure shot at succeeding. but suicide is ridiculous and i would never do it. its basically a throw in the towel i give up type thing. you're quitting at life.

I've thought about it in the past, even recently. But I really don't want to put my family through all that crap, plus I'm only 18, I got like 60 years to get my life back on track.

A good friend of mine has tried a couple times in the last month or so. I made her promise that if I don't kill myself she can't kill herself. Really hope she doesn't :(

Ebbe

I wanted to commit suicide long ago, when I was between 14 and 16.

I am very happy I didn't. Even though life seems bad sometimes, and 12 years later, I am still suffering from SA, I have experienced many positive things. And nice things don't always have to include contact with other people.

As long as you have some nice things in your life (books, video games, chocolate), it is always better than not living at all.

cobalt_bluester

have thought about doing it many, many times and there's every chance I could do it in the future if things carry on the way they are.

weak

never even thought about it, doubt I ever will. SA is a bitch, but overall I like life.

Ashiene

drd77 said:
one thing i don't get is how you could try and fail. if you don't want to fail, then a shotgun to the face is a sure shot at succeeding.

the front of the head is well protected by the skull. a shotgun hit there wouldnt kill you instantly sometimes, but if you intend to suicide by gun, place the barrel of the gun at the back of the head, where the brain stem is, and point it up a 45 degree angle. this way, the bullet severes the brain stem from the spinal cord, and the bullet travels upwards through the brain. the back of the head is also not as well protected.

bulent

No,never.But back in 2002 one day i decided to do it because i was tired of everything but didn't do that.When i was searching for a poisonous thing around the house a sudden toothache got me and as i was trying to ease the pain of my tooth i forgot the idea of suicide...But i think, quitting going out years ago was also some kind of a suicide.

recluse

I have thought about it many times....Have i acted on it? No! Thankfully i still have a degree of reasoning to stop me from doing something silly. I have self harmed though.

Take into account the fact that you could survive a sucide attempt but end up worse after it. I've seen pictures of attempted gunshot sucides with their faces blown off, these people have had to live with severe facial deformities for the rest of their lives because of this...Not nice!

What if you jumped off a bridge and survived only to be paralyzed, o'r a failed overdoze but with a damaged liver as a consequence?

playthepsychedelic

I've thought alot about it but I always ended up like a coward not even trying... I know it sounds pathetic but I think basically most of the time I don't really want to kill myself, I just want to shock the people around me, show them that my life's a bitch, that it's partly their fault,... make them see how fucked up my life got...
Anyway my dad's an insomniac so he has loads of triazolam (benzodiapide- strong sedatives) and I checked it out on the net if I would want to I could easily take like few milligrams of it, drink some vodka and I bet I could 'sleep in quietly'