How do you get a guy back?

Darryl

I'm really sorry Beatmetrics for what's happened.

Have you tried to contact him since the push?

Josette

It's probably laughable for me to give dating advice, but I will anyway. :D

Is this someone you dated for awhile then pushed away? Or is it someone who expressed interested and you shut it down?

How about just contacting him and saying, "Hey I was going through some stuff before, but I'm back on track now, and I'd really like to see you again/get to know you better. How about we go for drinks after work today?"

(Of course, first ask yourself if you really want this guy back. I don't know your situation at all, but I find some of my female friends trying to get back with guys that are better gone just so they won't be alone.)

HeadFace

Well, if he's anything like me he'll never treat you the same again! After a person forces me away and makes it clear they don't need or want me, I will lose all trust I had in that person, and start avoiding them. I'll probably start getting angry at them randomly too.

And if he's NOT like me... Then you're in luck, I guess. Just apologize like you mean it, and ask him how he's been.

EnigmatiConduit

Put yourself out there and be honest. That's all you can do. If he doesn't respond well... then maybe it just wasn't meant to be, even if that might be hard to accept.. I'm not sure of the details.

Tiercel

Another vote for honesty here. I don't know the circumstances of your pushing him away, but is it right to assume you have some feelings for him? Otherwise, you wouldn't be wanting to get him back, I guess.

He might be upset now, but if you're honest you should find out if he's worth keeping around. ;)

Mickery

A couple of years ago, I stopped talking to somebody I was attracted to because I couldn't handle it. Just disappeared one day. Today I called them to explain why it happened and to apologize for my behavior, and they wouldn't even accept my apology. Said I didn't have to explain anything and if I ever wanted to talk, they would be there to listen.

Well, there's a recent example for you. I took the honest route, I wasn't actually trying to get them back but if I were, I probably couldn't have improved on their response. On the other hand, no matter how kind it was for them to say that, they didn't really have a hope of truly understanding. Nobody does.

And I'm sure this goes without saying, but I wouldn't even consider making a move until you're very, very sure you're not going to slip up again.

Last edited:

Beatmetrics

It's probably laughable for me to give dating advice, but I will anyway. :D

Is this someone you dated for awhile then pushed away? Or is it someone who expressed interested and you shut it down?

How about just contacting him and saying, "Hey I was going through some stuff before, but I'm back on track now, and I'd really like to see you again/get to know you better. How about we go for drinks after work today?"

(Of course, first ask yourself if you really want this guy back. I don't know your situation at all, but I find some of my female friends trying to get back with guys that are better gone just so they won't be alone.)

Some one I had interest in. Just want him to be apart of my life.

Beatmetrics

Well, if he's anything like me he'll never treat you the same again! After a person forces me away and makes it clear they don't need or want me, I will lose all trust I had in that person, and start avoiding them. I'll probably start getting angry at them randomly too.

And if he's NOT like me... Then you're in luck, I guess. Just apologize like you mean it, and ask him how he's been.

He probably is like you.

Beatmetrics

Put yourself out there and be honest. That's all you can do. If he doesn't respond well... then maybe it just wasn't meant to be, even if that might be hard to accept.. I'm not sure of the details.

Your right, It probably wasn't meant to. I did all I could. Im kind spent now which is why I pushed away.

Beatmetrics

Another vote for honesty here. I don't know the circumstances of your pushing him away, but is it right to assume you have some feelings for him? Otherwise, you wouldn't be wanting to get him back, I guess.

He might be upset now, but if you're honest you should find out if he's worth keeping around. ;)

He's always really been worth keeping.

Beatmetrics

Thank you for the responses. I just had some dip in my mood last night...I appreciate the advise. Time to start building the happiness mood thing again.