How do you feel about your birthday?

Boby

How do you feel about your birthday?Do you like your birthday?
I personally hate it.First of all because i have almost no friends to invite over ::(: and secondly because everyone is so fake,out of the blue everyone starts to notice you and talk to you and listen to you ,when 1 day ago they wouldn't even say hello to you.I don't even care about gifts ,i just want to spend that day alone.
How about you guys?Am i the only weird one?

Section_31

My lady tries to make it really special. in her hosue growing up every b-day was celebrated. I never really had that growing up as i was on my own so much, it just feels like another ordinary day for me.

I dont mind when SHE tries to celebrate it, shes genuiene and means how she feels. Its everyone else that annoys me, lol. Ill be 29 this yr D: im turning into a crochety old man!!

lilmutegirl

My most recent birthday (one week ago today), I turned 30. This freaked me out a lot more than I thought it would--probably because I expected to have a lot more accomplished by 30. I don't hate my birthday, but I'm usually disappointed. I usually didn't have many guests at my parties growing up (which is probably why I over-invite to my son's parties). There is a lot of anxiety and anticipation before my birthday, then the actual day is pretty anti-climatic.

Squall

Banned
Mehh, i'm more bothered about me not looking my age every year, at first it was nice but now it's annoying people always thinking i'm 18/19 when i'm actully 24.

lilmutegirl

Mehh, i'm more bothered about me not looking my age every year, at first it was nice but now it's annoying people always thinking i'm 18/19 when i'm actully 24.

I love not looking my age! People actually thought my ex was 20 years older than me, but we're the same age. Maybe you'll appreciate it more when you get older.

Boby

What's wrong in looking younger?I actually had the opposite problem,people where thinking i was older...when i was only 14 a girl asked me this:"So in what collage are you?":eek:

Squall

Banned
I love not looking my age! People actually thought my ex was 20 years older than me, but we're the same age. Maybe you'll appreciate it more when you get older.

wow really? haha :p it's just annoying that i can't get served without ID

What's wrong in looking younger?I actually had the opposite problem,people where thinking i was older...when i was only 14 a girl asked me this:"So in what collage are you?":eek:

lol, people i knew like that, who looked older then they were, they always got asked to fetch cigs & beer lol

WeirdyMcGee

Nah-- birthday is just another day.
I've never had a birthday party.
As a kid, mom sent out invitations to try and make a party for me but no one would ever show up.
Would have been fun as a kid to feel like people actually like me for once... haha

Invisibleman

My birthday is just basically another day,its nothing really special. Nobody ever knows its my birthday and when they do they dont care enough to say happy birthday.

MollyBeGood

I am skipping it this year to avoid any disappointments, which I know will happen if I have any hopes of anything good happening that day

-it's a week away too blah.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
狼;586894 said:
I am skipping it this year to avoid any disappointments, which I know will happen if I have any hopes of anything good happening that day

-it's a week away too blah.

So is mine. I'm trying not to think about it. Though, I don't tend to make a big deal about my birthday anyway.

Sartana

Mine is a week away too. I'm probably going out with friends but none of them know it's my birthday, which is how it will stay as I don't want attention :p

MollyBeGood

Mine is a week away too. I'm probably going out with friends but none of them know it's my birthday, which is how it will stay as I don't want attention :p

It's nice that you have friends to go out with. Happy Birthday to you too-March 26th club on SPW :)

MrJones

Just as any other day. Now I have facebook, so now people I barely know and that I never talk to post in my wall, even if very few bother.

Before I had an account, no one besides my closest family even knew it was my birthday, so I had nothing but a couple of greetings for my parents and sister, then phone calls from my remaining grandparents.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
狼;586902 said:
^March 26th? it's a Monday too...super yucks.::(:

No, end of next week, March 31st. So - technically - just over a week away. Can't say I'm looking forward to it.

I don't really care about my birthday anymore. 2 years ago literally everyone forgot, and last year it kinda dawned on me that celebrating the day of birth with a bunch of people that aren't involved in my life in any way, shape or form is kinda silly. It felt a lot more natural not celebrating it.

I don't want it to be a forceful superficial gathering of emotional strangers at which cake is served. Because let's be honest, it's often not much more then that. I'll be turning 21 start of May, and my plans include watching TV alone, taking a nap with my cats and eating a pizza. As far as I'm concerned, a successful party.

MikeyC

狼;586902 said:
^March 26th? it's a Monday too...super yucks.::(:
Heh, mine's on the 28th, so Wednesday this year for me. Because of that it'll just be another day. Woo. :rolleyes:

I used to get excited about my birthday growing up but not really so much anymore. They're honestly just another day and that's all it is.

twiggle

I dread my birthdays. I hate getting older because I never feel I've done enough for my age. And even if I get a whole bunch of well-wishes I'll be thinking about who forgot. I think I might ban my birthday this year, write it out of the calendar/take it off Facebook.

Sartana

狼;586905 said:
It's nice that you have friends to go out with. Happy Birthday to you too-March 26th club on SPW :)

Thanks! Mine is actually on the 27th. Happy birthday to you in advance!

As for Facebook, I've never had my birthday on there.

Last edited: