How confident are you with dates?

I dont think I can actually go on more dates or meetings in populated areas. I just cant get my head around putting on such a confident facade that may fail, in order to gain the trust and respect from someone that I'm not completely interested in. Sure, if the person is very attractive and carrying no physical baggage like kids then I am willing to risk the failure and go the extra mile to put on my most confident abilities. I mean, I have before, and succeded. But, the only reason I did this was because I was very attracted to the person in a strictly physical manner.

Going on dates or meetings in public is quite a big deal for me and it doesnt matter whether its with friends, family or strangers. I guess I have been lucky in the past and met girls that are more laid back and who are willing to just chill with drinks at someones house. At least that way we can get to know eachother in a comfortable setting. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I feel like I'm limited to that type of female and probably have missed many opportunities because of it. The only exception is if they are very attractive, as I said before and my brain goes into overdrive mode and I suddenly become mr cocky superman. I know this sounds pathetic but I mean there are guys out there without SA who have similar philophecies with women. It might sound shallow but it is the truth...

Anxy

Dates? Not going to happen for me. Even if it did, it'll end quickly and weird.

MikeyC

It's 2013, October.
I swear it's like 2002 or something. :eek:

I haven't really been on many "official" dates, but I have been out to dinner with girls in a pure platonic sense frequently and that's been okay. I guess if it was someone I had just met or not known for very long, that would be a little bit different and I would become more insecure.

1139, the more you practice, the better you'll get at it. :) There's no trick to dates and you should be yourself, as cliché as that sounds. Chances are that the girl is a little nervous, too!