How bad is your Social Anxiety?

Deus_Ex_Lemur

This test is vague and needs another option, N/A. I dont "give parties" I dont have the situation to do that and dont even fully understand that question. Other questions just too vague. Answers too (often and usually... usually could be viewed as being often would it not? Maybe just me dont think strong enough delineation between them) I like Almost Never, Sometimes/Occasionally, Often, Almost Always. Which I suppose would be similar to Usually hrmm BUT ANYWAYS I rant now like I usually do =)

It IS a good basis perhaps for a quick survey of your SA. And am a fan of the site.

I took it 3 times in an hour, to think things. 74-77.

Solar

15(fear) + 31(avoidance) = 46
You do not suffer from social anxiety.

Wth, I don't agree with this. So why can't I maintain contact with people. I'm always the quiet guy etc etc... I have no social life and my network consists of only 1 friend whom I speak to once in the 3 months!

I think this test is flawed, oh right, it's on the internet lol.

^Wow, I'm amazed at how "superficial" people are - read the damn page people!!

Sigh, sorry, I get frustrated with stuff like this, especially recently 'cause I deal with people all day! :eek:

If you do not do an activity that is suggested - "imagine" that you would and how you would feel about it(like the page says). Like I said, take your time.

@Solar

"It's on the internet" o_O. So is Internal Revenue Service. Oh wait, it's "real". Who knew taxes were real, omg. Lol, sorry man, but don't be silly. This test is used often as the "benchmark" to measure social anxiety. It is well accepted by much of the psychological community to measure SA. Yeah I agree, it's not so good, but it's the best we have (not much research on SA). And it's accurate enough to give you a good picture :).

Re: Whateveeeeeer

69(fear) + 56(avoidance) = 125

Don't know how accurate it is, I don't really like to compare to other people too much. I hope I do better next time though. ;)

Yeah, don't compare, I don't :). Except with myself... actually not even that. I just use it to see "where I am" whenever I feel I have made good progress.

It's good enough to keep track of your progress, if you're in the process of overcoming it.

^I want you all to know that if I had taken this test in the past when my SA was at its peak, I probably would've scored very close to the limit of the test :D... 130+.

SA is hard but not difficult to overcome... takes time and commitment, but it's worth it. It's like having everything you ever wanted once you get there. :)

fooj

48(fear) + 47(avoidance) = 95
You have very severe social anxiety.

Hmmmm, I actually thought I would score better than this. Certainly when I was younger I would have scored much higher than this. But as I've aged, I have noticed an improvement. Guess I need a reality check.

D

deleted user 1

118. The saving grace was writing in public and resisting a high pressure sales person. How accurate this is generally remains to be seen, but I'm not too surprised by that score.

D

deleted user 1

48(fear) + 47(avoidance) = 95
You have very severe social anxiety.

Hmmmm, I actually thought I would score better than this. Certainly when I was younger I would have scored much higher than this. But as I've aged, I have noticed an improvement. Guess I need a reality check.

Before my demise I would have scored practically nothing, literally. That's really frustrating. To know that in every way, I was more functional as a child than an adult. I really hate myself for it!

Fighter86

Bad enough, it has stopped me from living the life I know I can have, and forming relationships with people whom I really want to. Instead, I am always stucked with people I really don't really want to be involved with *sigh*.

D

deleted user 1

Bad enough, it has stopped me from living the life I know I can have, and forming relationships with people whom I really want to. Instead, I am always stucked with people I really don't really want to be involved with *sigh*.

Why does that happen? It's a cruel twist of fate that people in our set of circumstances should wind up with the worst kind of people as our only safety net. The kind of people who ultimately drag us back into our shell and reinforce every negative impression of society :mad:

Humbug! lol.

What makes me especially angry is seeing these 'socialite', who enjoy every aspect of life that I crave for to the fullest, but in doing so are the worst kind of people out there. Not only can they have their cake and eat it, but they'll take yours away from you and scoff that too! It just isn't bloody fair, grrr...

Last edited:

Fighter86

Nothing is fair I guess, its just, I feel so dejected and all, because I was presented to choose from some pretty good friendships/ relationships I could have formed, but because I didn't have the social skills, I had to let those opportunities go to waste and constantly settle for less. And when those good opportunities come by again, and they are so very rare, I would screw it up again the same way. Its a terrible vicious cycle, I seriously don't know what to do with myself *shakes head*.

D

deleted user 1

Nothing is fair I guess, its just, I feel so dejected and all, because I was presented to choose from some pretty good friendships/ relationships I could have formed, but because I didn't have the social skills, I had to let those opportunities go to waste and constantly settle for less. And when those good opportunities come by again, and they are so very rare, I would screw it up again the same way. Its a terrible vicious cycle, I seriously don't know what to do with myself *shakes head*.

I'm sorry to hear you feel that way, but on the brighter side of your circumstances, your still alive and well, and your past experiences have made you wiser. You'll get your chance to form new relationships again, and regardless what happens it's not do or die, just one of mamy opportunities you'll have.

Fighter86

Well I guess your right. I do feel quite hopeless, but really, I have been through worse so I'll managed really. I'm just quite bummed now because I met someone recently, nothing serious, and I was hoping it'll last at least half a year, but sadly, things burned out quite quickly. I felt so terrible about the entire episode that I ended by shopping and buying lots of crap I really didn't need just to calm myself down. Hopefully there are better things to come, perhaps an increment since I've been working so hard.

maiato

Banned
today i'm feelling so bad with myself because a whole week pass by and nothing got changed, just got worst, that i think is better dont try to do this test right now.

this test highly depend of our state of mood....so is better dont give them so much value.

D

deleted user 1

today i'm feelling so bad with myself because a whole week pass by and nothing got changed, just got worst, that i think is better dont try to do this test right now.

this test highly depend of our state of mood....so is better dont give them so much value.

That's a very perceptive point. Your mood and emotional state is the criterion here, thus it's outcome is not cast in stone. I think this is something that we need to work on, not being so emotionally dictated. In other words, we base the entirety of our functionality on our emotions, rather than logical rational. As a wise man once said, do not build your house on sand!

Solar

Yeah sorry, reading my comment back, it sounds immature :/ I wasn't in the best of moods, and it wasn't smart to post something. But I read the page and was a little surprised with the result and all.