How bad is your Social Anxiety?

I've noticed that a lot of people here wonder how bad their social anxiety is... Well, I found this cool test online to determine how bad it is. It seems to be pretty accurate for myself :D

My score is "60" - moderate social phobia. I took this test before I started working hard on my social phobia and I had marked social phobia back then (about 3 monthes ago) yaaay! :)

What's yours?

http://www.socialanxietysupport.com/disorder/liebowitz/

IamThisOne

Mine was 101. The test was a little vague though.

I think I might have messed it up some.

Last edited:

Yeah I agree it's a pretty vague test though. Most are. You want to be able to explain it and not just give it a 3 scale point and add the points. But explanations in a computer do not compute lol

Vecis

41(fear) + 27(avoidance) = 68

I can go to meetings, concerts, protests but I suffer from fear but I go because my will to go there is bigger than fear.

Fear of people

I've noticed that a lot of people here wonder how bad their social anxiety is... Well, I found this cool test online to determine how bad it is. It seems to be pretty accurate for myself :D

My score is "60" - moderate social phobia. I took this test before I started working hard on my social phobia and I had marked social phobia back then (about 3 monthes ago) yaaay! :)

What's yours?

Liebowitz Social Anxiety Scale Test - SAS

My score is 85...severe social phobia...OMG...I can't even check the mailbox without the fear, having my neighbours judging me negatively in some way or another. I get my husband to check the mailbox and take the garbage out...because I don't want to be seen by my neighbours...that's what you would call severe SA.

Honda

94.... I want people to accept me as the non-avg. guy... F**k it aint changing might aswell live...

Kiwong

Mine was marked +71.

Although for the questions that I scored severe usually, at these times my SA is intense and debilitating.

Yikes^

Well to be honest, I'm a little surprised by those test results. It thought they'd be lower. It's a pretty vague test yes, but it's accurate enough if you take the time to give it as accurate answers as you can. Which I do, because it's important for me to know so I can keep track of my progress .

i'm glad to hear that you're making significant progress. <3
how are you working on your social anxiety?

Thank you, I think last time I took it my score was 75 or 72... either way, ~10 points is a whopping ammount! I'm so proud :cool:. I took significant steps to overcome it (I was just plain tired of it). They included medication, cbt therapy excercises, and exposure therapy... They help a lot - and I still am not done working it... I think I can go a lot further! :D

Good for you telepathine, I used to have super severe social phobia at one point :)... probably in the 100's if I took this test back then.

I've taken the test twice and my results came back negative for social anxiety. If only that were true.

Maybe it is true? I've read from here that you're married and such... and seem pretty happy. To be honest, I think the test is pretty accurate if you give it accurate answers. Most people do have some "shyness" (who isn't afraid of public speaking?) but that doesn't neccesarily make it social phobia. Social phobia is shynes/introvertedness that gets in the way of you living a normal life (for example, I have never been in a relationship, I have NO friends, and I have a difficult time just saying hello to people - yet my SA is just "moderate" ;))

Pookah

119 Very severe. I actually thought it was going to be better, but the avoidance adds up.