How are you feeling?

MollyBeGood

1 month later and I'll be down to 0.5mg of my benzo and 5mg sth of one of my medications that cause me a lack of motivation. Yay!
Are you getting off Benzodiazepines completely then? I just watched a doc on how that can be very tricky. It’s unfortunate the medicines that are supposed to help with anxiety can make us so tired and unmotivated. I have never tried that class of drugs even though I know I could get a script. Ever since I got suicidal off the antidepressants and all the other side effects I have not taken anything for mental health that isn’t natural or holistic. Honestly for me sleeping helps me a lot. It’s not the most productive thing to do obviously but it helps turn it all off and I can finally relax naturally.

desery

I feel anxious because of not doing well on an activity that we need to accomplish, instead of working on it, I think the anxiety makes me procrastinate, and it seems like making the situation worst. Although I try to do the work, but few times I am not very much fucosed, and my thoughts are into something else that will make me feel more comfortable.

I know that this is not that good for me, so I should try harder in doing better. I hope I can do this.

lily

I am feeling a bit better now in terms of my cold/flu. I hope I will feel even better tomorrow.

Eosdawn

Not good, but trying to get better. I have no friends and some real insecurities problem. Caught my husband chatting with someone from his past behind my back. He says she was only his friend and never cheated on me with her, that he was just scared about my reaction to him chatting to someone from the opposite sex. He also deleted all his messages, so... I don't know. If he had told me about it, talked to me, and trusted in me to be a normal person and trust him, I feel like I would have reacted soo much better than finding him acting strange and not letting me see him talking to her. I made the decision to trust that he is saying the truth about not cheating on me, just them being friends, but it still hurts to be lied to and I keep thinking back to all those times he was distant and talking to her about I don't know what!

lily

Not good, but trying to get better. I have no friends and some real insecurities problem. Caught my husband chatting with someone from his past behind my back. He says she was only his friend and never cheated on me with her, that he was just scared about my reaction to him chatting to someone from the opposite sex. He also deleted all his messages, so... I don't know. If he had told me about it, talked to me, and trusted in me to be a normal person and trust him, I feel like I would have reacted soo much better than finding him acting strange and not letting me see him talking to her. I made the decision to trust that he is saying the truth about not cheating on me, just them being friends, but it still hurts to be lied to and I keep thinking back to all those times he was distant and talking to her about I don't know what!
Hi there, Welcome to the forum! Sorry to hear you're suspicious of your husband cheating on you. I don't like cheaters. I'm the loyal type. I find it suspicious myself that he deleted all of his messages as why would he unless there was something to hide?...

lily

@Graeme1988, hey, it seems like your uncle has perhaps visited you. I hope you're having a great time with him. I will be having a tel. appointment with my psyschiatrist tomorrow then going out with my mom and going out on the weekend with family which I so love. Hear from you later on here. :)

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
@Graeme1988, hey, it seems like your uncle has perhaps visited you. I hope you're having a great time with him. I will be having a tel. appointment with my psyschiatrist tomorrow then going out with my mom and going out on the weekend with family which I so love. Hear from you later on here. :)
@lily Not yet. My uncle is actually coming up to visit this month. He phoned my mum a few days ago and said he'll visiting on March 18th and staying for a week. He'd already had his bags packed when he had that second fall a few days before he was supposed to visit, originally. My cousin and his girlfriend are coming up from London with my uncle, but they'll be dropping him off and staying in a hotel up in the Highlands.

My oldest sister's in a bit of a huff about my uncle coming up as it's the same week she's going on holiday.

lily

@lily Not yet. My uncle is actually coming up to visit this month. He phoned my mum a few days ago and said he'll visiting on March 18th and staying for a week. He'd already had his bags packed when he had that second fall a few days before he was supposed to visit, originally. My cousin and his girlfriend are coming up from London with my uncle, but they'll be dropping him off and staying in a hotel up in the Highlands.

My oldest sister's in a bit of a huff about my uncle coming up as it's the same week she's going on holiday.
Thanks for your reply, Graeme1988, I see. Well I hope you have a nice time with your uncle then! And I'll hear from you later in PM. :)

lily

it's so quiet here. I wish there were more people who would come to this site. I feel lonely of SA sufferers.:(

Graeme1988

I feel exhausted from helping my mum get things ready for my uncle's visit. Also feeling a wee bit anxious about the whole visit.

lily

I feel exhausted from helping my mum get things ready for my uncle's visit. Also feeling a wee bit anxious about the whole visit.
Take care! don't forget to breathe and it's ok if you don't maintain eye contact all the time and look away if you have to and stuff. I hope you enjoy your week ahead! I find grabbing something to eat and drink helps, but not stimulating things like sugar. Just keep things natural and just say hi and how are you or something. I really hope it'll be a nice time during your uncle's visit! And get some good night's rest everyday. :)

Last edited:
how so BlueDays? And nice to see you again!
I wish you the best x
Oh, well I assumed that the longer I have had to manage living with SA, the easier it would get to manage, but it turns out the opposite is happening.
It's great to talk to you again lily. 👍

MollyBeGood

Disheartened.
I've discovered that the older I get, the harder it is to manage my SA.
I was just reflecting on this too. I think for me it’s just realizing that I should have taken care of so many things by now aka regret but I haven’t been able to get anything sorted out very well so its feeling harder to deal with, less time and all that..Plus people care less about you as you age which is devastating.

I was just reflecting on this too. I think for me it’s just realizing that I should have taken care of so many things by now aka regret but I haven’t been able to get anything sorted out very well so its feeling harder to deal with, less time and all that..Plus people care less about you as you age which is devastating.
Sorry to read that you have experienced situations that made you feel like "people care less about you as you age", MollyBeGood. ☹️
I don't know whether you are referring to family or friends/acquaintances, or both, but yeah, it's certainly unfair that society seems to value younger people over older ones, for sure.

Graeme1988

So, I just thought I'd check in here.

Am daein awrite. 😁

I enjoyed my uncle's visit last week. It's actually been 10 years since he was last up to visit. It was nice to see him, he's looking well, despite his recent fall.

Though, when I was saying bye to him, he said he'd see me again.

I'm guessing he'll be back up to visit again in June, which is what my cousin was going to do after my uncle injured his hip at start of March. But my uncle was determined to still come and visit this month. So, it'll be good to see them again in the summer, if they do come back up to visit.

My uncle brought me up some Lynx deodorant and shower gel, which was nice.

And, there was no awkward reintroduction to my cousin, like last time. Thank feck that my oldest sister was away on holiday. Speaking of, my cousin saw the Fender guitar neck and before he realised it was for Stratocaster, he said I should5 get a Telecaster guitar body for it. 😆 And he seemed quite impressed by Fender Squier Precision Jazz bass guitar.