Hopping along - Hoppy's journal

Hoppy

My weigh-loss journey is still ongoing, it is now 11 months, I've lost 25 kg (55 pounds) and have finally crossed the line from being obese to only being overweight.

My eating habits have changed a lot, I am now doing a Whole30 challenge, and for 30 days I do not eat any grains, legumes, dairy or sugar.

Things are going well, for once in my life I have the support of the family, my brther has also started doing a Whole30.

And I still have a love life. The girl is still working with me, and I still like her very much but at least the in love phase has passed. I know her a lot better now, and I still hope she will leave, she just do not have the mental skills to work here. And she is functionally illiterate, I have to say everything to her, she cannot read a simple list and follow instructions.

And I tell her quite often I love her. It started of one day when she did something wrong and I said to her: "As much as I love you are really looking for trouble."

So every time she do something stupid I say: "I love you but .."

At least she thinks it is funny.

And I have realised that my social skills may be little, but she and her group of friends have a social life that boggles me, I only know what she tells me but all the time there are some not talking to others and this one is fighting with that one and that one is angry etc etc. I just observe and are very very happy I am not part of it.

I still don't have friends, I am still very poor, I am stuck in another depression, I don't have any plans for this year except lose that final 15 kg, but for some reason I am content.

My weigh-loss journey is still ongoing, it is now 11 months, I've lost 25 kg (55 pounds) and have finally crossed the line from being obese to only being overweight.

My eating habits have changed a lot, I am now doing a Whole30 challenge, and for 30 days I do not eat any grains, legumes, dairy or sugar.

Things are going well, for once in my life I have the support of the family, my brther has also started doing a Whole30.

And I still have a love life. The girl is still working with me, and I still like her very much but at least the in love phase has passed. I know her a lot better now, and I still hope she will leave, she just do not have the mental skills to work here. And she is functionally illiterate, I have to say everything to her, she cannot read a simple list and follow instructions.

And I tell her quite often I love her. It started of one day when she did something wrong and I said to her: "As much as I love you are really looking for trouble."

So every time she do something stupid I say: "I love you but .."

At least she thinks it is funny.

And I have realised that my social skills may be little, but she and her group of friends have a social life that boggles me, I only know what she tells me but all the time there are some not talking to others and this one is fighting with that one and that one is angry etc etc. I just observe and are very very happy I am not part of it.

I still don't have friends, I am still very poor, I am stuck in another depression, I don't have any plans for this year except lose that final 15 kg, but for some reason I am content.

I'm proud of you, man. Hang in there! :thumbup:

Hoppy

“On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high.”

-Ayrton Senna

Hoppy

I haven't really posted on here for a while, but my life is going on.

My weight-loss journey is still continuing. I am at present still eating paleo. I have been slacking for the last few weeks, and my weight is dropping too slowly. But even so this week I managed to drop to 82 kg. It is what I weighed in my last year at school when I was 18 years old.

My fitness part has stopped for a while, I went to a Taekwando class, and on the first night fell badly, cracked a rib and sprained my hand. The ribs got right eventually but my hand is still bad 10 weeks after the fall. I cannot even use scissors.

I have also been trying some other things. I have been doing Scottish showers for the past 13 weeks. Starting of hot and then turning the water cold after washing.

And I've been keeping a journal since the beginning of the year. It is not much, a small bit of writing every day but it is the habit that counts.

And I have started taking some Omega 3 supplements. I haven't seen any improvement so far, bull will keep it up for another months or two.

I am emotionally on an even keel these days. My mind sometimes run away with me, but I do not lose my temper at all. It is extremely restful.

Next on my to-do list is getting an exercise routine going again. Running is still out of the question, my plantar fasciitis is still giving trouble, I am keeping an eye out for a second hand rowing machine. I did get some weights, and are looking at some weight lifting routines for when my hand is healed.

I do lurk around the forums, and do try occasionally to impart some bits of wisdom, but sometimes others do it so much better than I can.

One thing I have realized over the last year is how much things can happen if you do small changes at a time.

Small steps, baby steps.

That yes, you do your best every single day, but it is not the same best all the time. Some days you can be awesome, do a whole load of stuff and rock the world, and on other days it takes your best effort to do even the smallest things.

And that it is important for you to remember that in both cases your are doing your best you are capable of at the moment. That I have carried with me ever since, remembering it first time now in long, long time.

Self compassionate, encouraging and wise.

Last edited:

Hoppy

Its-all-about-perspective-Imgur.jpg