Holiday Weekend Plans?

coyote

Anyone doing anything fun this weekend to celebrate the 4th of July?

For the Non-Americans, that's our Indepence Day - when the American colonies declared their independence from British rule in 1776.

It's as good an excuse as any to take a long summer weekend, eat alot, get drunk, and blow stuff up.

I'll be working. :[

coyote

Down with the British - the whole lot of oppressive tyrants!

anyone have any explosives?

Tiercel

Tomorrow (Saturday) I'm going down to Maryland to visit with my grandmom (90!) and my Chilean cousin, who was last up around Easter. But they absolutely refuse to turn the thermostat below 82, so my hot-blooded family is only subjecting ourselves to one night of heat torture.

So I might have a pic or two of me & my ~2 year-old cousin. Other than that, I plan to hide indoors, help Mom grill on Sunday, and eat lots of dead animals.

Too bad Mom and the local police don't let me play with explosives.

::(:

U

userremoved

Nephews birthday party. Not the most exciting thing, and I wont get to blow things up but it's better than nothing I suppose.

philly2bits

Tomorrow (Saturday) I'm going down to Maryland to visit with my grandmom (90!) and my Chilean cousin, who was last up around Easter. But they absolutely refuse to turn the thermostat below 82, so my hot-blooded family is only subjecting ourselves to one night of heat torture.

So I might have a pic or two of me & my ~2 year-old cousin. Other than that, I plan to hide indoors, help Mom grill on Sunday, and eat lots of dead animals.

Too bad Mom and the local police don't let me play with explosives.

::(:

The joys of living in New Jersey. :rolleyes:

agoraphobickatie

fireworks are illegal in my state... but that doesn't stop us :)

if i feel up to it on sunday, i might go to a friend's bbq/party and blow lots of sh!t up! :) maybe i'll get pictures/video... happy 4th everybody!!

philly2bits

I don't mean firecrackers and fireworks. I mean actual explosives. My motto is "go big or go home."

So I spend all my time at home.

::eek::

This is the weekend for cookouts. I'm sure the police won't notice you accumulating a mass of filled propane tanks with so many people buying them.

Not that I'm advocating anything ::p:

mrb

iv got so sober up from last night b4 i do anything :confused: ..... going back to bed now zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Tiercel

Propane, Drano...... Eh.

I've been wanting to build and use a hwacha since seeing it on Mythbusters a long time ago. But there's still those pesky NJ laws....

Maybe some day when I have my own castle I'll be able to blow myself up to my heart's content.

:D

cricket

i am on a 4 day weekend starting today and going through monday... so of course i woke up all kinds of sick this morning ::p:

and fireworks scare me :) (the at-home ones, not the sky ones :rolleyes:)