Hiya all!

Ran

Another newbie for the masses :) I'm Ran, I'm Canadian and I live in Ireland.

I'm sure my story is like loads others! The earliest I can remember beginning to show signs of social anxiety disorder was when I was eight. I would try literally everything and anything to avoid going to school -- I'd pretend to be ill, I'd throw tantrums (not proud of that lol!), I'd go limp when my parents tried to get me up in the morning, I'd sleep in until the last minute, etc. Oddly enough I never skipped school and never considered it! I had only a couple of friends throughout my school years, people who were determined and persistent to not leave me alone ♥

This continued into my teen years, though with less tantrums and fits because the bigger I got the easier it was to dig my heels in and say 'no'. I was also diagnosed with depression around this time, whether this was a side-effect of S.A.D. or not, I'll probably never know. I went into a really wonderful high school, finished eighth grade with mediocre marks, then 'officially' dropped out of school with the start of ninth grade. I just couldn't take any more.

Despite my lifelong social shyness I'm not really an introverted person with my few friends (I still got 'em, lol); I get excited over silly little things, shapes in clouds or a really nice sandwich, and I'm not afraid to show it! :) I'm 20 now, and it's only in the last few years that I've realised how great life is, and that I can't let my fears and problems get in the way.

Because I'm asexual I've never been bothered about finding partners. I've always been grateful for that, as I know that being alone, despite having S.A.D., really affects some people. I've been in two serious relationships, though either happened only by chance even though I never look for relationships. I'm currently happily with my boyfriend of eight months.

My current life involves immersing myself far too much into WoW, fishkeeping, reading, being out in nature, and packing to move into my first place woo!

Hopefully I can share experiences with some folks here, and share good tips and such! :)