Hi there

Fen

Hello guys, I'm a new member.
To begin with, I have to say that I'm not a native speaker so I could probably make many mistakes; as long as this is not annoying for you, I would like the same posting here. Originally I was signed up in another version of this forum, but I had to leave and since this kind of site is the only place where I can vent, I thought to sign up in the english version.
Obviously, feel free to tell me whenever I make mistakes... no, please do it. Even with MPs. I would be very grateful.

Sorry for the useless introduction, let's start a little description.
Well, why am I here?
Because I'm an asocial, I spend my free time alone and pratically have no friends. Besides I've never had any experience with girls. Just zero.
I think I'm ugly enough and others don't like me, and besides I don't even take care much of my appearence (I hate to dress fashionable, bleah).
My hobbies are animes, mangas and music, for the most.
I also like language, japanese (which I study at university since this year) and english particularly.
Because of this I'd love to post here and have you corrections, it'd be useful to improve my language skills.
I hope not to abandon the forum for my ****ty english (already happened, lol), it's not that easy for me.

Anyway, nice to meet you.

aftermidnight

Speaking 100% honestly, your English sounds better than about 90% of the fluent English speakers I know. I can't imagine how difficult it would be to become fluent (and I would say you are fluent) in another language, especially if you have social anxiety. Congrats!

DeadmanWalking

Yo Fen and welcome to SPW! Nobody here is going to mistreat you for your capabilities in English (which sounds good to me)!

You'll find that a lot of us enjoy some anime and manga like yours truly::p:! Which series are your favorite? I'd like to have an otaku conversation with you some day:D!

As for your looks, don't worry about it! Most, if not all, of us think that we're hideous, but we get proven wrong when we post our picture! I'm sure that you look better than you think you do! And I have a certain level of hatred for fashion too; I just, for the most part, wear black and blue and white since they all go with each other (or so I'm told)!

Fen

Speaking 100% honestly, your English sounds better than about 90% of the fluent English speakers I know. I can't imagine how difficult it would be to become fluent (and I would say you are fluent) in another language, especially if you have social anxiety. Congrats!
Well, talking online is easier because you have time to think before posting and google to help you :p
Besides, I learnt the little that I know because of anxiety... playing games and lurking forums instead of going out, lol.
Anyway, simple conversations could be easy, but I doubt that my next posts will be this good (though I'd hope yes :D).
You'll find that a lot of us enjoy some anime and manga like yours truly! Which series are your favorite? I'd like to have an otaku conversation with you some day!
Good to hear!
I'm always avaible for otaku conversations. ;)
My favorite series are Welcome to the NHK (weird, huh? :D), Kaiji, Aoi Bungaku Series, Higurashi, Ga Rei-Zero, Toradora!, Death Note... well, the list is really long. I've seen enough animes.
And about my looks, I dunno how much I'm ugly, but sure I'm not a nice guy... well, it's a complicated topic. :p

And thanks again to everyone for the welcome!

MikeyC

Greetings, Fen. Welcome to the site! Your English is good, and there's no need to worry.

You already know how to spell just about everything in English, which is more than I can say for most of my Facebook friends, who are Australian.