help me please

lonelee1

dudes, someone told me that i always look to be dissatisfied. it's true. how do i stop this?

Smile more.:)
Thankfully they are easy to fake, and it stops people commenting about you looking anything "negative".:thumbup:

LoyalXenite

I am the same, i can do a great fake smile on command but i cant maintain it, most of the time i look either angry or miserable. But then i guess my face just reflects my emotions too well.

cowboyup

I have the same problem. People - strangers have come up to me and said, 'don't look so sad/mad/blue/down'...

it infuriates me. Overall, I am not that way, but I do know the curvature of my mouth turns down naturally. But I try to remember to smile if I go out. Even though it is forced, it helps stave off the strangers invading my space and irritating me with their comments.

jaim38

People tell me to smile more too, but I'm not sure what they mean. Are they telling me to fake the smile? On certain days, I just can't fake it.

People tell me to smile more too, but I'm not sure what they mean. Are they telling me to fake the smile? On certain days, I just can't fake it.

Know what, Jaim38, don't worry so much. If you smile you smile:thumbup:
People who care about your well being want you to be happy in life. When someone asks or tells me I should smile more I invite a conversation. I ask them 'what do you mean?' Not everyone gets that some people don't need to smile to be happy. I sure as hell don't. They just wanna know why you're not happy.

mixedupgirl

Yeah people have said to me "Smile or it might never happen" it's so annoying...
I get told "You don't look very happy" but I'm perfectly fine.....my relaxed face must look miserable....:idontknow:
You can't smile all the timeee, you'd look weird. Two examples of smiling gone wrong: 1) I started a new job and I was really nervous and didn't want to come across like nervous or unfriendly so I kept smiling at my new work mates when they walked past and my supervisor said "Your weird!" and when I asked why she said "Why do you smile all the time"... Ugh people are never happy....

2) I was havin a conversation with a girl at work and I was goin through a really bad period of anxiety (like my face would automatically frown from being so scared) so I forced a smile through out the whole conversation because I didn't wanna frown and I could feel my lip twitching now and again....anyway this girl looked really uncomfortable :eek:mg:.....looking back I'm like oh my god I can't believe I did that! But at the time I had no idea what to do or how to be when someone was talkin to me all I remember is I didn't wanna look angry.

It's difficult to know "how to be" when you haven't been around others in a long time like socially or if you've been unemployed for a while like i had at the time of that example....

These days I'm a bit more clued up as to when to smile and how to be (facial expressions) durin convo but still get really nervous....

lonelee1

Lonelee1, I'm having a trouble. Someone told you that you always look to be dissatisfied? So you look for dissatisfactions?

yes, this is what i meant to say.

but, about looking dissatisfied,,yes, this happens to me all the time. i just have this like deer in headlights look on me, or a stern, upset face in public because i'm so worried.

i feel really over dramatic. i need to chill out.

lonelee1

Yeah people have said to me "Smile or it might never happen" it's so annoying...
I get told "You don't look very happy" but I'm perfectly fine.....my relaxed face must look miserable....:idontknow:
You can't smile all the timeee, you'd look weird. Two examples of smiling gone wrong: 1) I started a new job and I was really nervous and didn't want to come across like nervous or unfriendly so I kept smiling at my new work mates when they walked past and my supervisor said "Your weird!" and when I asked why she said "Why do you smile all the time"... Ugh people are never happy....

2) I was havin a conversation with a girl at work and I was goin through a really bad period of anxiety (like my face would automatically frown from being so scared) so I forced a smile through out the whole conversation because I didn't wanna frown and I could feel my lip twitching now and again....anyway this girl looked really uncomfortable :eek:mg:.....looking back I'm like oh my god I can't believe I did that! But at the time I had no idea what to do or how to be when someone was talkin to me all I remember is I didn't wanna look angry.

It's difficult to know "how to be" when you haven't been around others in a long time like socially or if you've been unemployed for a while like i had at the time of that example....

These days I'm a bit more clued up as to when to smile and how to be (facial expressions) durin convo but still get really nervous....

gosh, i totally know all about this. i feel like i look angry all the time.

nerves.