Hello americans do u think obama sucks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke1993

What has he donesince being President? Didn't he say he wanted an equivalent of our NHS? Sorry this is a genuine question, I'm not too educated on America's politics...

coyote

You know that guy in the Verizon commercials..."can you hear me now?" He doesn't really run the company or anything.

The president is like that guy - only taller, and with a better suit.

One man does not run the country.

Felgen

What has he donesince being President? Didn't he say he wanted an equivalent of our NHS? Sorry this is a genuine question, I'm not too educated on America's politics...

A president can't change the laws, therefore, major changes won't occur. Even in corrupt, decadent dictatorships, there's a difference between the legislative branch and the executive branch.

Tiercel

If that had happened with Bush, there would probably have been attempts on his life.

I still think Cheney just forgot who he was hunting with. ;)

To be honest, Luke, nothing has changed. Obama pushed for "universal health care" and ended up with mandated health insurance for everyone. The economy was tanking as he came into office, so he signed that economic stimulus bill. The economy is still sputtering along, but politicians would rather still debate who is to blame than actually do something to alleviate the situation. Meanwhile he has a Supreme Court Justice nominee that Democrats will support and Republicans will not, all on principle. We're still in both Iraq and Afghanistan, and gays still aren't allowed to openly serve their country. And incumbent politicians are already (always?) thinking about the next election, so they'd rather say what they think their constituents want to hear than actually do something they believe in.

'Tis democracy in action. Or maybe that should read "'Tis democracy inaction."

:rolleyes:

Lorraine Manca

really i know nothing about politics. um, maybe this makes me a bad person, but you know how all the sudden in the 2008 election there was a strong woman candidate and a black candidate? which uniquely coincides with the worst economic situation since the depression. since hilary's gender is questionable,uh, id be offended by that if i were black. oh thanks pass the country over to me after its been burnt to a crisp and everyone's in the mood for human sacrifice. now all of a sudden everyones feeling equality happy. i really cant believe anyone in their right mind would have wanted the presidency! like other people said, one person's not in charge of everything, but one person sure as hell gets the blame. really im very ignorant about politics though. i think its great everythings still in one piece for the most part. forget "change", survival is more like it

agoraphobickatie

everyone's talking about how one man doesn't run the country, the president can't change the laws, etc etc.... obama was out to make it seem like he could, and that the whole effing world would 'change', and too many people believed him, which is why he is currently president.. i still think 18 is too young to vote, i'm just sayin'! haha

coyote

The likes of us aren't meant to know what's going on. The rich and privileged run the place as they see fit, and we are lucky enough to benefit from their decisions.

It's always been that way.

People forget that the "Founding Fathers" were all wealthy aristocrats and their definition of "citizen" then was a property owner (i.e. rich, white, male).

They have spent 230 years creating a system designed to keep the privileged in power. Any changes have been made with their acquiescence.

What do we care what petty squabbles go on between the "different parties"?

In the end, we're left with what they give us.

Last edited:

Felgen

everyone's talking about how one man doesn't run the country, the president can't change the laws, etc etc.... obama was out to make it seem like he could, and that the whole effing world would 'change', and too many people believed him, which is why he is currently president.. i still think 18 is too young to vote, i'm just sayin'! haha

It's how politics work. People don't want uncomfortable truths; they want comfortable lies.

@ illumination, your comment was uncalled for. If you would rather be a self-hating American then that is fine, but please have some respect for the other Americans on this board.

My comment is uncalled for? I was simply voicing my own opinion, and other members are clearly doing the same. I've done no wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.