Hello americans do u think obama sucks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks serafina, i didn't want to have to say anything mean in reply :) haha

Why? Because you merely disagree with me? Why would that warrant such a response from you? If you are allowed to dislike a man, I am allowed to dislike a country. You stated that Obama sucks and I stated that America sucks, so what is the problem and why am I being targeted?

Last edited:

Pookah

I think people took it as hating Americans rather than hating the American system of government, etc. Maybe? I dunno.

mads

The important thing is that illuminationSP critizises the system of government in USA and not a specific American or the people of America, and I belive we need to have room for this here

I fell for Obama's "change" campaign and voted for him. I don't regret choosing him over McCain, but I do regret being tricked into thinking a politician cared about the interest of the people. Large corporations (especially in the banking field) are their #1 priority. Check out some Noam Chomsky videos on youtube if you're into finding out how things really work.

mads

The problem is that there were imo too high expectations about Obama. People thought he could win the wars in Afghanistan, save the economy and the climate. The problem is that people they want everything but dont want to pay for it. They want to be helped when they get sick, but dont want to pay for it. They want a new job but dont want higher taxes which could be used for investments to create new jobs. I think that is the problem, we as people want everything but we dont want to do anything to get it.

Pookah

It is hard on people to "work to get what they want." We aren't free. They want lower class, without it they don't have their work horses.

I fell for Obama's "change" campaign and voted for him. I don't regret choosing him over McCain, but I do regret being tricked into thinking a politician cared about the interest of the people. Large corporations (especially in the banking field) are their #1 priority. Check out some Noam Chomsky videos on youtube if you're into finding out how things really work.

I thought that having the ability to trick people into thinking that a politician cares about the interests of the people, was a requirement of the job!?!?::p:

i think he sucks, yeah... haha

I think America sucks.

@ illumination, your comment was uncalled for. If you would rather be a self-hating American then that is fine, but please have some respect for the other Americans on this board.

thanks serafina, i didn't want to have to say anything mean in reply :) haha

?????????????

You see, I should be granted equal leeway in discussion - especially on a FORUM. Katie, your statement is potentially just as offensive as mine if you consider any Obama supporters on this site.

That's unbelievable.

Okay, I'll drop it.

token_asian_friend

My comment is uncalled for? I was simply voicing my own opinion, and other members are clearly doing the same. I've done no wrong.

No offense, mahn... but I thought your comment was senselessly inflammatory. It's not remotely the same thing in saying the guy sitting in the Oval Office sucks and saying the country, as a whole, sucks.

pinkskies

Obama pretty much does run congress. Democrats dominate congress and in turn Obama gets anything he wants passed. That's why his Health Care Bill got passed, even though it was opposed by so many.

I'm not for him or against him; I'm pretty neutral about him. I know people are saying that he "hasn't done anything," but the country is a lot more stable since he became president (compared to the Bush days, anyway.)

His handle on the BP oil spill was like Bush's handle on Hurricane Katrina. It definitely could have gone smoother (a bit of an understatement, lol) People have to remember though we had all these deregulatory laws on the oil industry during Bush's days. They really can't put all the blame on Obama. Bush, as a Republican didn't want any government interference and so how can Obama handle this commercial business if the government really has no power to do so? Afterall, Obama has only been in office for about 2 years. His main focus upon entering office was not regulation of the oil industry and its unfortunate that the BP spill had to happen.

Everyone is watching his every move and I personally think they are judging him too harshly.

But anyway, no I don't think he sucks.

No offense, mahn... but I thought your comment was senselessly inflammatory. It's not remotely the same thing in saying the guy sitting in the Oval Office sucks and saying the country, as a whole, sucks.

Opinions are opinions. It is the same thing, because I have just as many legitimate reasons to dislike the country as a whole - it's entirely related. No senselessness here. The original poster wanted to know what I thought, and I said so. I did not do anything wrong. You only consider my comment to be inflammatory because you most likely approve of America... I don't know.

I will respectfully defend my position on this matter for as long as I need to, if anyone else has anything to say.

Pookah

Opinions are opinions. It is the same thing, because I have just as many legitimate reasons to dislike the country as a whole - it's entirely related. No senselessness here. The original poster wanted to know what I thought, and I said so. I did not do anything wrong. You only consider my comment to be inflammatory because you most likely approve of America... I don't know.

I will respectfully defend my position on this matter for as long as I need to, if anyone else has anything to say.

But you do see how other people can have opinions too right? No one deleted your post or anything, they just said what they thought. Until then you are just trading opinions.

My opinion is America as a government is not perfect but at least it isn't a complete dictatorship. American government sucks, just not as much as some others.

But you do see how other people can have opinions too right? No one deleted your post or anything, they just said what they thought. Until then you are just trading opinions.

I'm not the one acting as if others can't have opinions of their own. I'm not the one who aimed at someone for what they originally said about the topic.

mads

I think a big problem in the political system in the US, is that it is a two party system. With so many different people, two political party´s is simply not enough to get all meanings into politics.

coyote

I disagree with your opinion, and I defend your right to voice it at the same time. (See post #20)

But remember, we're not in America here - this is what they call the "inner net" and we don't have the same rights and privileges here.

coyote

I think a big problem in the political system in the US, is that it is a two party system. With so many different people, two political party´s is simply not enough to get all meanings into politics.

I agree - our two parties are so similar really that we're just given slightly different shades of the same watered down grey to choose from - not like many countries whose numerous parties span the entire political spectrum from Communist to Fascist and everything in between.

mads

I agree - our two parties are so similar really that we're just given slightly different shades of the same watered down grey to choose from - not like many countries whose numerous parties span the entire political spectrum from Communist to Fascist and everything in between.

Yep. In Denmark we have 8 parties in the parliament and it has been I think over 100 years since one party had the majority of the voters.

Status
Not open for further replies.