Have you ever tried to get a girlfriend or boyfriend?

Yep. I was aching with lonliness so bad by the time I was 27 that I went out and found myself a boyfriend.
Shame he turned out to be brilliant at playing the "Wolf in Sheeps clothing" part. ::(:
So the disaster that followed the one time I actively sought out a boyfriend has turned me off wanting to try again ever since :/

Last edited:
Yes. Well. Sort of. Ive never done the asking but I have made the first move in the past. A 1yr relationship, a 3yr relationship, a 3 month relationship, 2 marriage proposals and a complicated non-relationship relationship later I realise that I have commitment issues...:rolleyes:.Ill apply my lessons learned in future ventures...the best advice is to work on yourself first. Two people is twice the problems. Better to work on you before venturing into relationships..

MikeyC

My brother was 14 when his first girlfriend left him for his best friend. He was so heart-broken that he failed to find another (he did want one!) until he met his wife 15 years later.

I think he just became scared around women, scared he'd be hurt again.
That sucks about your brother, but it does give me hope that I can relieve my anxiety and get a girlfriend in the future. I'm just not ready yet.

Yep. I was aching with lonliness so bad by the time I was 27 that I went out and found myself a boyfriend.
Shame he turned out to be brilliant at playing the "Wolf in Sheeps clothing" part. ::(:
So the disaster that followed the one time I actively sought out a boyfriend has turned me off wanting to try again ever since :/
While I'm not really practicing what I preach, don't give up. He's out there. :)

Aletheia

I can relieve my anxiety and get a girlfriend in the future.

The night my brother and his wife met, they spent all evening engrossed in conversation. Each of them had had a memory lapse while describing something. They wound up in bed together, and woke up at three in the morning, remembering what it was that filled the other's blank.

Maybe you just need to find she who has the missing bits.

The night my brother and his wife met, they spent all evening engrossed in conversation. Each of them had had a memory lapse while describing something. They wound up in bed together, and woke up at three in the morning, remembering what it was that filled the other's blank.

*feels all warm and fuzzy inside:)*

*sigh*

It is nice to hear situations where things do happen in such a romantic way. Keeps the cynicism at bay.::p:

Last edited:

MikeyC

Wow, that's awesome! Maybe that'll happen to me one day, but we'll see. :)

Aletheia

Lucy puts her hand in mine

Finding someone. It's a negotiation. You need to find the balance point between Try Too Hard and Not Trying Hard Enough.

The best terms I can think for it are these.

A friend took me sailing once, and it's like that: keeping the sail as close to the wind as possible without pushing it through and having the boom swing around. You have to be gentlefirm. You have to feel it.

And to feel it, you have to drop the fear.

THeCARS1979

I haven't ever tried to get a girlfriend. I'm always to afraid of getting rejected and I don't know what to say.

I would also like to know what types of places do humans meet the ones who become their girlfriend or boyfriend? I would like to get a girlfriend, but I don't know of any places to meet any because I don't have many girls in my classes at college and I don't meet any girls my age where I work.

I know this thread is stupid, but I want information on the subject.

that sounds like the same problem I have

drganon

Even if I could get the courage up to ask a girl out, I don't really have any opportunities to do so. I work overnight with all males, I go to school online but also take night courses where most of my fellow students are way older than me, and I don't do facebook for reasons I'm not going to get into( they mostly have to do with not wanting former classmates to know what a failure I am) and to top if off, I still don't know how to drive. So I'm pretty much screwed.

DancingDann

Getting a boyfriend is one thing that could never happen for me so i don't even think about it otherwise it would make me sad. I just focus on the good things in my life instead. :)