Have you ever sang alone in front of people

SadSally

I have. Last year I had an audition for a performing arts course and we had to act out a monologue and sing a song. I rang "summer days" from Greece and acted out a scene from a play about a mental patient. It was weird. I was so calm and just turned up and sang without second guessing myself. Not to sound smug but I know I am an amazing singer.
Anyway, that day I missed the bus, so I ended up arriving late, pissing off the teacher. ( I walked into a room full of people all staring at me) Anyway, I didn't get in to the course mainly because my lateness made the judge hate me and I forgot a few words to the song, but I am so proud that I did it.
What about you?

Zooman

I can't even sing with other people. When I was once religious (I know I know, don't trash me I was naive and needed some form of hope regardless of how imaginary) I would be one of the only one's who didn't sing during the worship services. Singing has always been a pretty nerve wracking thing for me and I've never felt like I have too great of a voice in the first place.

Wow, that takes a lot of courage - kudos. I don't think I could do something like that now.

All my life I have loved singing - I remember my parents pushing me to sing infront of other people as a child because they thought I was good/cute (I wasn't shy when I was little). I was part of the popular crowd only once in my life (third grade) and I remember singing that Titanic song in front of my entire music class (even though I started developing anxiety around that time) as the popular chicks sang backup - LOL it's humiliating to think of now.

Unless dying cats are your thing, I don't think I have a good singing voice - I still do it in the shower, though ;)

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
I've never sang alone in front of people, but I played the guitar or attempted to play it back in high school. By jings, that is nerve-racking experience. Unless, getting caught by my sister singing along to The Proclaimers "I'm Gonne Be (500 Miles) counts? :giggle:

theoutsider

Once, in choir as a kid. I had to sing a short solo. I was so nervous that I thought I was going to pass out. When the time came, I sang the part but couldn't hear my own voice. I think I just shut it out. Afterwards, people kept telling me how well I'd done. They seemed sincere and not just trying to make me feel good. Later I sang another part but along with one other person so it wasn't a solo. I figured I'd retire from singing in front of people after that good experience and leave on a good "note". LOL.

Nanita

I used to sing and play in bands and in some choirs too. I sometimes got nervous doing it, but sometimes not. These days I don't do much singing or playing in front of people. I'd like to play in a band again, but I'm so bad at being around people and handling all the socializing and smalltalk that comes along.

MollyBeGood

I had a school music teacher who forced me out of my comfort zone a lot growing up because she discovered I have perfect pitch. I couldn't project my voice at all very well though so I hated it with a passion when had to sing solo.
I sometimes imagine getting back into it and trying to be in a band or something but not really...
I like to sing when I am alone and yeah I will sing to animals too :)

Zooman

I had a school music teacher who forced me out of my comfort zone a lot growing up because she discovered I have perfect pitch. I couldn't project my voice at all very well though so I hated it with a passion when had to sing solo.
I sometimes imagine getting back into it and trying to be in a band or something but not really...
I like to sing when I am alone and yeah I will sing to animals too :)

I can't even tune a guitar without an electric tuner :(