Have you ever fallen for someone you didn't expect to fall for?

PerseverareJasmine

Has anyone ever experienced this? I've personally never fallen in love, but in the past I have liked someone who I didn't initially think I would develop feelings for.

Yes, a few times.

Funny you posted this, just recently I've been missing one of the people I didn't think I'd fall for. I had always liked his personality but wasn't physically attracted to him until he got in better shape (some may call that shallow but physical attraction is important and you can't help what you're turned off by).

Did you end up dating someone you fell for?

Last edited:

PerseverareJasmine

Yes, a few times.

Funny you posted this, just recently I've been missing one of the people I didn't think I'd fall for. I had always liked his personality but wasn't physically attracted to him until he got in better shape (some may call that shallow but physical attraction is important and you can't help what you're turned off by).

Did you end up dating someone you fell for?

No, I never ended up dating someone I started to like. I almost did once, but it didn't work out in the end. I've never had a boyfriend.

PerseverareJasmine

Somewhat. She was kind of hideous though so it made it quite hard to really get too into it. She wasn't a really kind person either. I just get a little attached to anyone that talks to me on a daily basis that has a female parts.

I can see how someone who isn't kind would be difficult to really fall for, at least for me it would be.

Xervello

No, I never ended up dating someone I started to like. I almost did once, but it didn't work out in the end. I've never had a boyfriend.

Is your anxiety keeping you from pursuing a relationship?

As for moi, once. It was a very unconventional and confusing situation, lol.

jaim38

Yes, I thought I'd be single forever. I was even planning for my singlehood retirement, i.e. going going to the forest and living with friends. I never thought I'd fall for someone out of the blue. And the guy seems to be my opposite.

Odo

Banned
Actually, no.
I guess this means that I know what I want.

I have wasted time trying to find a spark with other kinds of people, though.

PerseverareJasmine

Is your anxiety keeping you from pursuing a relationship?

As for moi, once. It was a very unconventional and confusing situation, lol.

Yes, my anxiety has kept me from going after guys that I've liked in the past.

The times where I liked someone who I didn't expect to start liking were a bit confusing for me too haha.

PerseverareJasmine

Yes, I thought I'd be single forever. I was even planning for my singlehood retirement, i.e. going going to the forest and living with friends. I never thought I'd fall for someone out of the blue. And the guy seems to be my opposite.

It can definitely spring up on you sometimes.

PerseverareJasmine

There's this guy in two of my classes in college who is confident and extraverted. Basically, he is the most loud person and everyone knows his name. He's also very intelligent. I never though I would have feelings for him because physically he isn't my type. I've only spoken to him a few times, once which was in the beginning of the semester when he asked me if he was in the right class. I reacted nervously and I answered with a "yes" and he just frowned at me. In college you're pretty much on your own so, people rarely approach me. I'm not used to the attention. But I've been noticing lately that he always avoids me whenever I'm around him. Is it because he's scared of my quietness? I spoke to him last week when we were doing our work. There was just a couple of words exchanged. He was also nervous when he was talking to me. He kept on shaking in his seat and avoiding eye contact with me. I don't understand. If he's confident why he is frightened of me? Now, I can't get this guy out of my head. I'm contemplating whether or not I have feelings for him. And to make matters worse, I discovered from a classmate of mine that he has Tourette's. I feel like such an idiot. He probably doesn't even like me. It's just another one of my stupid assumptions. :kickingmyself:

I have a similar problem with making assumptions about situations such as the one you're in. Sometimes guys can be very hard to read, but then again, so can girls. I guess at times there is a struggle on both ends, male and female, when trying to figure out exactly where you stand.

PerseverareJasmine

Actually, no.
I guess this means that I know what I want.

I have wasted time trying to find a spark with other kinds of people, though.

I believe the situation is the best when there is natural chemistry and sparks between two people, and it isn't forced, so I think its good that you have stopped wasting time trying to find a possible spark.

Xervello

There's this guy in two of my classes in college who is confident and extraverted. Basically, he is the most loud person and everyone knows his name. He's also very intelligent. I never though I would have feelings for him because physically he isn't my type. I've only spoken to him a few times, once which was in the beginning of the semester when he asked me if he was in the right class. I reacted nervously and I answered with a "yes" and he just frowned at me. In college you're pretty much on your own so, people rarely approach me. I'm not used to the attention. But I've been noticing lately that he always avoids me whenever I'm around him. Is it because he's scared of my quietness? I spoke to him last week when we were doing our work. There was just a couple of words exchanged. He was also nervous when he was talking to me. He kept on shaking in his seat and avoiding eye contact with me. I don't understand. If he's confident why he is frightened of me? Now, I can't get this guy out of my head. I'm contemplating whether or not I have feelings for him. And to make matters worse, I discovered from a classmate of mine that he has Tourette's. I feel like such an idiot. He probably doesn't even like me. It's just another one of my stupid assumptions. :kickingmyself:

Interesting. Is it because he's not normal that that's what drew your interest/feelings in him? Some people are attracted to puzzles. Maybe his unorthodox personality/intelligence does that for you. At any rate, does knowing all you now know (or what you've been told) of him alter how you feel for him?

Jessquietgirl

Interesting. Is it because he's not normal that that's what drew your interest/feelings in him? Some people are attracted to puzzles. Maybe his unorthodox personality/intelligence does that for you. At any rate, does knowing all you now know (or what you've been told) of him alter how you feel for him?

Finding out that he had Tourette's came off as a big shocker to me. I almost felt sorry for the guy because he always has these strange spasms in class such as coughing and such. At first, I thought he was sick and when he continued doing that, it became quite annoying to me until I found out his condition. I don't mind that he's strange. After all he is a huge horror film fan like me. It's just that I don't know if I like him or not. I tend to get infatuated with a single person easily and I can't stop thinking about them. I feel like such an idiot if this guy doesn't like me. I'll feel like I just wasted my time falling in love with someone who isn't interested in me. He's the first guy in a long time who has shown an attraction for me, yet he doesn't want to approach me. :sad:

Xervello

Finding out that he had Tourette's came off as a big shocker to me. I almost felt sorry for the guy because he always has these strange spasms in class such as coughing and such. At first, I thought he was sick and when he continued doing that, it became quite annoying to me until I found out his condition. I don't mind that he's strange. After all he is a huge horror film fan like me. It's just that I don't know if I like him or not. I tend to get infatuated with a single person easily and I can't stop thinking about them. I feel like such an idiot if this guy doesn't like me. I'll feel like I just wasted my time falling in love with someone who isn't interested in me. He's the first guy in a long time who has shown an attraction for me, yet he doesn't want to approach me. :sad:

Perhaps him having Tourette's makes him self-conscious about how people perceive him. Just because his condition causes him to be loud on the outside, doesn't mean he's not the quiet type on the inside. You can give it time, see what happens. But it might take you being brave and asking to hang out or something. Me, I'm a complete chicken in things like this. So it's easy for me to say, lol. But I hope it works out for you. However it goes.

Btw, what are your fave horror films? While other kids grew up watching Disney movies, I was raised on horror flicks. :thumbup:

dannyboy65

To tell you the truth I have fallen for my best friend a year ago. Today I still love her and recently I just told her I loved her. It wasn't the way I wanted it to be because she was still hurt from a last relationship and I wanted to say in person not over the phone (Not texting). She is really happy I told her though and she still hasn't stopped talking to me she calls me once a day and we talk for hours. We hangout every week and even though we aren't dating I really can't picture my life without her. I just want her in my life, Best friend or boyfriend no title matters.

singing-love

Actually yes, my first (and current) boyfriend I fell for unexpectedly:giggle:. Best thing to happen in my life so far, not to get all mushy in all of you :blushing:. He makes me happy, so I was lucky my unexpected ended up being just what I need. :)