Guys, are you intimidated by fashionable girls?

mndigi

Share if you are. I used to be a lot. Which made me pass over a lot of things and stay at home. Now it makes me regret missing out on them. Though now I can manage to be a fairly more comfortable.

RND_CHR

When I see a girl that dresses well, I assume that she is really outgoing and has a lot of self-esteem, and it makes her more physically attractive. Yeah, so that makes her harder to approach.

j_brown2

Banned
Of course. not really though, you got some girls who dress fashionable and they are like that nice sweet harmless lookin girls. It all depends on the personality i would say, if she has got that nasty rude,anti-shy, impatient "iam better than you" personality, then yea i avoid them.

It is true though those fashionable girls mostly have that personality i just cant get along with it. not now with my severe SA

littl3misstrange

no, i'm not. i've been told i'm 'fashionable' & i like to think of myself as dressing well. though, i certainly don't have high self esteem. more like non-existent self esteem. but, dressing well does make me feel slightly better about how i'm presenting myself to the world. i couldn't just go out somewhere in pj bottoms or sweats. i don't understand how some girls can do that like it's nothing.

i am however intimidated by attractive people. girls included. whenever i pass someone especially attractive, i expect them to laugh at me or something. they make me feel disgusting.

Nowhere is Home

YES! I am, even though I'm not a "guy". I always feel like they are better than me, and I can't help but feel really jealous. I am one of those people who wear pajama bottoms or sweats everyday by the way. It's more like because I believe that someone like me doesn't deserve nice clothes. I haven't gone clothes shopping in years. I have worn these pants for like a week now, and they have holes everywhere ... just beacause I seriously have nothing else. How sad :).

Last edited:

Errordotocx

I'm not exactly sure. If a girl dresses nice and I guess fashionable, it doesn't seem to bother me all that much. But then again i'm not into the preppy or sporty girls. Though girls that I find really attractive I become really intimidated to them for some reason. My like and fear are both at extreme highs.

Richey

Initially yes! especially if its based on non-verbal passing them by and making eye contact, normally i dont focus as much on fashion getting in the way etc but these days its tricky to avoid not noticing the way girls present themselves. Once you start talking with them you realise its like talking to anyone, your sister, a friend, relative, but often it can be intimidating in terms of presence and projection ...i often think "she must have thousands of friends" and a perfect boyfriend based souly on looks but honestly you don't know until you find out.

the last decade has seen a trend and advancement in hair styles so girls can do alot more with hair as well and straightening and hair dye, plus tight jeans are in , the punk lite look is in and it can often be intimidating at first, that style often leads to girls looking the same as each other and where i live the guys adopt the surfie bleached hair and skin tight shirt look, but i cant stand it. And you see them at the pub and they all listen to bon jovi drink the same beverges and drive hotted up cars, its follow the leader and sheepish stuff but they may genuinelly enjoy engaging in that scene. ....

my look is the indie rock type, cool shoes and semi-tight jeans, black t-shirts, messy brown hair, sort of like sid from skins but without the glasses or a young mike mills, laughs.

Errordotocx

where i live the guys adopt the surfie bleached hair and skin tight shirt look, but i cant stand it. And you see them at the pub and they all listen to bon jovi drink the same beverges and drive hotted up cars, its follow the leader and sheepish stuff but they may genuinelly enjoy engaging in that scene.

This reminds me of a certain video that makes me laugh. haha

YouTube - My New Haircut

SickJoke

What if the girl is completely ugly but she's wearing fashionable clothes? I think you meant attractive girls, which would make a lot more sense. And tons of guys, with or without SA, are intimidated and clueless when it comes to hot girls. But that can be changed, it's all a matter of conditioning.