Gathering in Sydney

gmg

Hi guys, I have not been posting so much!!! Hello silent stranger hehe!

since the last meetup did not come about this is my second attempt to try and organise an event. I am interested in meeting anyone who would like to be PROACTIVE about .

CHALLENING their SA. I wont judge you, I promise, I dont care how nervous you are or how scared you are about meeting since I think we are all in the same situation and we should support one another.

I feel that life really is to short and even though I know that I will have to endure shyness for my whole life but I really want to do something about it.

At this stage I think we should organise a meetup in the city since it is central and I am open to the suggestions from others about what we could do on the day. so here is my email again:[email protected].

P.S I am 28 and live in the north shore but happy to commute to the city on the train ( I commute enough for work on a daily basis :)

Look forward to hearing the thoughts of other like-minded people. Please do reply to me since I think it would be so therapuetic for all of us and I promise I wont judge you.

Thanks

Griselda :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

SilentStranger

Hey GMG

Hey Griselda,

Hows things? I don't think I have spoken to you since your trip eastward.

I wish there was a meet up here in 'Berra. But I don't think that's going to happen. So maybe a meetup 300k up the road might have to do.

My trips to Sydney are becoming more rarer, but given enough notice, I am sure I can make it on a weekend.

As for activity... well I don't really have any ideas. All I can think of is maybe a movie or a show. I would have suggested something like paintball, but that might not be everybody's cup of tea...besides the only time I have done it... was a bit stressfull for me too. Maybe you Sydneysiders should recommend something.

-SS

gmg

hey silent stranger, how are you?
Paintball sounds like fun but I think it hurts hehe. I have posted another post titled cmon sydney siders....and there were 2 responses which I would consider a good turn out

SilentStranger

I am good, now. Well good as a isolated social phobic can get. However last week was a different story though.

Well paintball did not hurt that much (physically anyway). Few people did get few bruises.. but its not that painful as you get a full facemask, with eye protection & some side head protection. A thick overall. And chicks get a breastplate. Although I don't recall guys getting a box though... now that might be painful.

Anycase you are not allowed (in theory atleast) to fire at close range anyway. It all depends on others playing that day. A group of social phobics might not be best suited to play with a bunch of aggressive normals.

-SS

gmg

hehe I am up for painball but I dont mind just meeting and hanging out in the sydney.
Maybe we should leave paintball for a lil bit later on...just a suggestion...
but am happy to go to paintball if thats what the majority want...
I just want to meet people and talk lol I know might sound lame but i need improvement of my conversational skills...
hehe I propose we try and do a catch up not this sat coming up but next sat
everyone free then????

hello
i am in sydney too and coincidently also live in da north shore
i'm 18 years old and got S.A probs also
if you haven't set up a place yet and wanna meet up, i'm thinking like some sort of coffee shop is good or like a mall or shopping centre... thoughts??
cheers, jack

duma

hehe I am up for painball but I dont mind just meeting and hanging out in the sydney.
Maybe we should leave paintball for a lil bit later on...just a suggestion...
but am happy to go to paintball if thats what the majority want...
I just want to meet people and talk lol I know might sound lame but i need improvement of my conversational skills...
hehe I propose we try and do a catch up not this sat coming up but next sat
everyone free then????

I am the same, I am up for meeting but preferably just talking, like in a coffee shop, not so much shooting the crap out of each other lol, but who knows maybe. Although I am not so sure I could do it, meet up that is.

Off The Wall

I would be interested in coming! My anxiety is like totally bad though.. so don't quote me on that ha. But would be good to have friends that understand... definately meet somewhere quiet/relaxing where we'd feel comfortable. well as comfortable as a SA suffer can feel...

coffee shop could be cool, anywhere is going to be bad for me anyway so hey whatever is good... haha.

gmg

hey guys lets meet not this sat but the following.
meet at town hall steps and go for coffee or just hang in the city. what do you guys think?
gmg

maybe if you guys are in closer to north shore we could meet up somwhere round there?
i'm only asking cos i'm lazy::p:

if not round north shore then town hall sounds fine

just but up another reminder closer to the date so that i don't forgot, my memory's not too good:)

Videotape

yeah i thnk i'd be keen for a meet up, let's go to a strip club. that wouldn't make us anxious at all

Last edited:

duma

Hey Guys :)

Just wondering if the meet up is still on? Its this saturday right? If so what time will we meet. I am really going to try and push myself to go if its on and I am looking forward to meeting new people, but I still may pull out coz of nerves tho.

SilentStranger

Hey Guys :)

Just wondering if the meet up is still on? Its this saturday right? If so what time will we meet. I am really going to try and push myself to go if its on and I am looking forward to meeting new people, but I still may pull out coz of nerves tho.

Yeah I am wondering the same. I haven't seen gmg logon to SPW in about a week.

Even if it goes ahead...I am still not sure if I will turn up or not.

-SS

obita

I’ve mentioned it recently in private conversations with a few users here – and briefly mentioned on some threads, but I found this site when I was trying to determine if I had SA. I’d say I’m probably closer to shy and tend to suffer anxiety in specific scenarios. It’s a bit rollercoasty if you know what I mean.

So I’d probably turn up if people don’t mind that I technically don’t have full -on SA – I’m understanding and a good listener. If it’s an issue, it’s not a problem... I’ll still be online.

duma

Hi

I am like 70% committed to go to the meetup (thats pretty good for me) but now I dont know if the meetup is actually still on lol :p . Its like tomorrow isn't it? Maybe we can get some people to reply if you are going, coz I dont want to turn up and find noone is there lol.........so um.....r u going....is it still on?

cya

SilentStranger

I am not sure if it happened or not. Well GMG was not posting or returning e-mails, so I doubt it went ahead.

Unless it was a very small gathering... and we weren't invited ;)

-SS

duma

Nah I didn't go. But I was going to if others said they were going. Luckily I didnt otherwise wud have been all on my own lol