Gamers thread

Phoenixx

I was one of the rare 80's kids who went the Sega route and missed-out on a lot of great gaming moments. That's not to say The Master System didn't have its share of classic games, but in those days of strict exclusivity deals, the Nintendo was the clear winner if you were a kid whose parents were only going to buy you one system.
My parents had the classic NES and they're the reason why I got started being a gamer. It was the only system they had for a while, so my brother and I both played hours of LoZ, Super Mario Bros 1 & 3, Duck Hunt, Shadowgate, Kirby's Dreamland, and Bubble Bobble. We also became one of the rare 90s kids who didn't wind up having the Super Nintendo OR the N64, so we missed out on a lot of other Nintendo classics there too. My parents went the Playstation, Sega Genesis (only because a relative gifted this to us), and GBC routes for us.

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
I got bored and made this.

last-razor.jpg

Last edited:

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
One of the best game trailers of all time.

One of the best RPGs of all time. I've never come across a game with better dialogue and voice acting. The interaction between the NPCs you choose to include in your party is awesome, like Morrigan's burns on Alistair or the way Zevran flirts with the elderly Wynne.

I recently reinstalled it. The memory patch is mandatory now if you want to avoid crashes but other than that it's aged very well.

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
One of the best RPGs of all time. I've never come across a game with better dialogue and voice acting. The interaction between the NPCs you choose to include in your party is awesome, like Morrigan's burns on Alistair or the way Zevran flirts with the elderly Wynne.

I recently reinstalled it. The memory patch is mandatory now if you want to avoid crashes but other than that it's aged very well.

The banter between those two was one of my favorite parts. XD

Phoenixx

Watching next gen console events this week on YouTube has me itching to get back to playing more of my Xbox games.

I definitely won't be purchasing a new console this year, but admittedly with COVID I am surprised they are releasing this holiday season. I was expecting a year delay for sure. Now as a gamer I'm not a major fangirl of one particular console and think the other sucks. I hate those arguments really and think either console has its pros and cons. If and when I do purchase next gen, which won't be for at least a year, since I'm still very much enjoying my Xbox One and Switch (and Switch is going to stay relevant for a while, even into next gen imo), I'll definitely be purchasing a PS5. I haven't owned one since 2, so I'm way overdue to give it a chance again, and I'm eager to play their exclusives.

I know for sure whenever I get one I'll definitely be investing into the God of War games. 😁 Never played them but did watch an entire playthrough series on YouTube a couple years back when GoW released on the PS4 and I was just blown away by the story, the cinematics, and of course the gameplay. The work they put into that game was really good! I'm excited for the sequel to be released in 2021, but if it gets pushed back I won't mind. Take your time to make a great game even better. I'll most likely be watching the gameplay before actually playing. 😆

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
My man crush...the coolest, kindest man on the planet, Mr Reeves.
I've just spent $800 on a new graphics card for my desktop so when this comes out I'll be able to max out the graphics.
I still play Wow and have never been able to pump the graphics to maximum until now.. it looks amazing! Can't wait for this Cyber....Punk!!