Gamers thread

Phoenixx

I thought there might be a couple of members here who'd like this:
This looks neat. I did a little research and apparently it's still in development (good - too many creators have great ideas but then don't bother finishing them through) and is only currently being released for PC and Mac and VR. I think if this game does get fully finished, and gains enough publicity, it would make an excellent addition to adventure games on the PS4 or Xbox One or rather the next gen consoles.

I am also curious about the story. He doesn't mention much besides the disappearance of human companions. Is there a darker side to the story? It doesn't look like a post-apocalyptic game, or rather your typical type of game with tons of destruction. I think a post-apocalyptic theme with as solemn of a setting as this seems to have would be wonderful if it's pulled off correctly.

Phoenixx

That looks like a fun concept too, I've always wanted to see the world from that scale, knowing me I'd get stuck immediately somewhere if it happened to me irl though
I was in the middle of watching the video halfway through when I posted this, then saw that THERE ARE FREAKING SPIDERS THAT KILL YOU! :oops::eek: I mean, this guy playing it had a heart attack when that spider showed up, I nearly peed myself watching it. :LOL: I really want to play this, but I don't know if my arachnophobia can handle it. As for actually living through this, I'd be dead within 5 mins. :LOL:

LoyalXenite

I was in the middle of watching the video halfway through when I posted this, then saw that THERE ARE FREAKING SPIDERS THAT KILL YOU! :oops::eek: I mean, this guy playing it had a heart attack when that spider showed up, I nearly peed myself watching it. :LOL: I really want to play this, but I don't know if my arachnophobia can handle it. As for actually living through this, I'd be dead within 5 mins. :LOL:

I still remember my fear when I first played Skyrim and the first time I saw a giant spider descend from the ceiling and come for me
FBd.gif

LoyalXenite

The fact that it was a WOLF Spider just made it even more sadistic. :LOL:

I dont think I had time to register what kind of spider, I just saw huge ass spider coming from above to eat me :LOL:.
The first time I encountered the frost spiders in the wild I about died as well. I'd finally accepted that caves may contain giant spiders, but outside amongst the trees?! I was meant to be safe there amongst the bears and dragons :LOL:

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
I dont think I had time to register what kind of spider, I just saw huge ass spider coming from above to eat me :LOL:.
The first time I encountered the frost spiders in the wild I about died as well. I'd finally accepted that caves may contain giant spiders, but outside amongst the trees?! I was meant to be safe there amongst the bears and dragons :LOL:

Did you play Dragon Age: Origins? Really creepy spiders in that one! :LOL:

What's weird is I'm not even irrationally afraid of spiders, just giant make-believe ones in video games. :unsure:

LoyalXenite

Did you play Dragon Age: Origins? Really creepy spiders in that one! :LOL:

What's weird is I'm not even irrationally afraid of spiders, just giant make-believe ones in video games. :unsure:

I have not and now I am both intrigued and wary :LOL:

All this talk about spiders makes me not want to play any of these games even though they also sound really cool. :oops:

I highly recommend Skyrim if you havent played it yet, great open world rpg. One of my favourites to replay

LoyalXenite

I am one of few that has never played it. Have always wanted to and I will someday I'm sure.

I was actually tempted to buy another copy of it coz it got released on the switch as well and I like the idea of being able to play it on a handheld option, my dad has it on the ps4 where its VR compatible. I have it on the xbox 360 but lots of people prefer it on the pc so they can mod it but its still great without mods, I recommend getting the dlc add ons with it too

Phoenixx

I've been itching for a new simulation game for a while now. Like, 2 months long while. I never did get Dragon Quest Builders 2 since I've been trying to save my money and that game is still around $50 - $60, as most major Nintendo titles are. I was also watching Stardew Valley for the Switch for a while, but a had a gut feeling I should wait and sure enough it's FINALLY getting a physical release on the Switch in November! :D

That being said, I bit the bullet today and bought The Sims 4 Cats & Dogs Bundle today for my Xbox One, since I've been neglecting her for nearly a year now and I got a good price (~$20). I used to love playing the Sims 2 on my PC, tried Sims 3 back when it released and I hated it so much I never bothered with another Sims release again. I've seen enough of the Sims 4 now it actually looks pretty good, although I've never played on console before. I heard it was pretty buggy, but it's been out for 2 years now so I assume it's gotten some patches since then? Last year they integrated keyboard and mouse play for the Xbox One for Sims, so that was my main selling point right there. Can't wait to try it out later this week! (y)

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
I've been watching playthroughs of The Legend of Zelda while drifting off to sleep the last few nights.

I was one of the rare 80's kids who went the Sega route and missed-out on a lot of great gaming moments. That's not to say The Master System didn't have its share of classic games, but in those days of strict exclusivity deals, the Nintendo was the clear winner if you were a kid whose parents were only going to buy you one system.

Last edited: