Friends: are they worth it?

Richey

Real friends are totally worth it.

this is 100% truth.

the luckiest people in the world are the ones who had a good group of friends since high school and even before then and stayed friends, or reunited after say 5-10 years and relived that or just kept making more friends. They have all those great memories, shared. They can look back at any year and they all went through the same things, they can relate a song from say 2001-02-03-04-05+, etc to their experiences of that year.

can you imagine, having a varied mixture of personalities in the one group, you are all friends. you celebrate together, you go to concerts, you go to each other birthdays, you meet up for lunches, you play sports, you are so close that you all hug each other and it's not uncomfortable, its just normal. you know each others quirks, secrets, tastes, traits, interests.

there is nothing on earth that can really describe that experience. I had that for four years in my early twenties, and i've missed that for 6 years, and even though i enjoy my own time, nothing compares to having a group that you can join in with ....

you can be silly, you don't have to make sense, you can talk for hours, you can play board games, sport, music, talk about a video game or a book. you can attempt jokes and laugh at yourself even if it doesn't come off and then turn that into something else that is funny and random.

i like to tell myself that being alone is fine, and some people really are content with, but f*!k it. I prefer friends and sharing with like minded friends, and friends that i'm not similar to. Just a nice bunch of friends. It's what i once had, and we drifted apart. And for the past 6 years my shyness levels have limited my abilities to do anything like that again.

Nothing compares to a nice bunch of friends. Because in my opinion, it's utopia. And when that drifted away i've become a hopeless nostalgic about how "it was better back then", only because i have chosen to not make the most of it since then and have fallen into this cycle of avoidance.

Last edited:

XxXWhiteRoseXxX

True friends are without a doubt worth your time and effort.

My best friend & I have relied on each other for almost 9 years, & I regret not having met her sooner. She is someone I know I can always go to not only if I have a problem, but if I just need someone to be there for me.

It's amazing to have such a strong bond, & I think everyone deserves a good friendship.

I'm not saying they have to know everything about you or that they should be able to finish your sentences. I define a 'best friend' as someone you can trust & confide in, but also be yourself around.

jonas89

I dont make make many friends.. last years I have maybe made 2 friends that I can really count on..
But those I have are those I have known almost all my life and without them my life would be a lot different. So yes friends are worth it and I would do everything for the right once.

Making new friends can be hard because you really dont know them, they are still strangers and it's kinda always a gamble on how much you want to invest in them. letting them in your life... looking for good friends is kinda like looking for gold, you have to go through a lot of dirt before you can find your price : )

Abby

as a child and teenager, i always had at least ONE halfway decent friend; very well-worth it, for the most part...and it made life a lot easier at school.

as an adult, however, i don't have any friends (aww)...yet, i have no desire for them -- in fact, my big, close-knit family is WAY more than i even want when it comes to socializing!

DukeOtakuNukem

Its a mixed bag. I have had some good friends, but most of the ones I had in the past are no good, and made my life a misery. Especially if you try to exchange language online, which you should never do, since its a big waste of time that can be better spent studying in books, since they do not last, but back to non-online relationships, I have about three friends I can consider to be true friends, but those kind of people are as rare as finding an original Star Wars 35mm from 1977 in perfect condition, so they are to be treasured, because most humans are evil, while few truly care about one's well-being.

I was just thinking about this. I'm a middleaged guy and I find people in my age group to be hot and cold. Sometimes they act like they love you one moment but then they ignore you for long periods of time. I don't know if I would consider anyone my friend at this point.

Depends on the people you tend to gravitate to.
However I am finding this as well. With texting, emailing, social networking, people just don't have time for real people. With their 9 - 5, 8 - 5 busy 5 day work schedules and top it off with other life necessities to do for yourself people just don't have time anymore for friends.