Forgetting Thoughts

lunarla

Are any of you extremely forgetful? I feel like I'm, at times, abnormally forgetful. As if there's some sort of black hole lurking in there that takes all my thoughts away. I get that feeling of when you just wake up and knew you had a dream, but it just ever so precariously slips away! It's possibly one of the most annoying things to me in lyfe. I'll just keep thinking for the longest time about what it posssssibly could have been until I exhaust myself. What if it were like, an equation for time travel?! Gone down the black hole. Also, misplacing things has the same effect. Feels like my mind is going to explode or something, I dun know guiz.

Last edited:

Nack

Banned
It annoys me when it happens, I would try to remember it. Then a while later forget that i was trying to try to remember what I had to remember. Lol. I always blame it on my poor diet, I just need more food... I'm always starving.

lunarla

Yeah, and then I'll sorta, almostttt remember it or remember something like it, but then that just disappears. Always on the edge of obscurity, gah.

AimeeSP

I'm extremely forgetfull and my dad likes to remind me of this. I've noticed i seem to have a very forgetful short term memory, but i've read somewhere that depression can be the cause of this.

hippiechild

I've had major trouble with this lately. I often lose my entire train of thought in mid-sentence. I'll say several sentences, have some semi-meaningful point that I'm trying to make.. then I'm suddenly like, "wait... what the hell was I talking about... what was the topic?"
It's pretty scary... sometimes I don't even remember why I am where I am. People have fallen under the impression that I'm some chronically stoned druggo person... maybe they're right and I just don't remember

for this reason, I end up writing a lot... making the ideas concrete and my thought processes more easily traced

I'm usually not forgetful because I obsessively write everything down. Everything.

Sometimes, clusters of paper all around my room.

lunarla

It's interesting to hear that many of you also have the same forgetfulness to one extent or another! Black Hole Mind Syndrome, I'll call it. It's especially annoying because just in a matter of seconds a thought that I was going to say disappears! Or write, in some cases. It always happens when writing essays, grrrah.

philly2bits

It happens to me. I'll be thinking of something then it will just "disappear." Then I'll spend the next 20 minutes trying to figure out what it was. I'll start going over and over in my head what I was thinking right before to try and jump start my head I guess. But I rarely can get the thought back. I know what I was thinking right before and after, but there is a hole in the middle.

mrb

were am i :confused: who are you lot :confused: what site is this :confused: why am i on this site , weres my clothes why am i naked , were is my dog , do i even have a dog , god i wish i could remember were i lived :confused: cos i want to go home , do i have a home , bloody hell ....... hmmmm its a nursing home for me .......

dooby-duck

Bits of my memory are useless. At work I can never remember what we did the day before or work we have done before. Someone can ask me to do something and seconds later I will have forgotten all about it. There is a lot of useless stuff going on in my head and I do find it hard to think straight and concentrate on only one thing. I have a great memory for negative events and stupid bits of dialogue from films, songs and adverts.

hippiechild

were am i :confused: who are you lot :confused: what site is this :confused: why am i on this site , weres my clothes why am i naked , were is my dog , do i even have a dog , god i wish i could remember were i lived cos i want to go home , do i have a home , bloody hell ....... hmmmm its a nursing home for me .......

Ahahaha :D
good to see that we're on the same page

mrb

Ahahaha :D
good to see that we're on the same page

hey hippie id love to bump into you in a nursing home :D we can talk about um err :confused: will we remember anything :confused: who cares , we can make a run for it , give the police something to do looking for us ..

206Raider

I've had major trouble with this lately. I often lose my entire train of thought in mid-sentence. I'll say several sentences, have some semi-meaningful point that I'm trying to make.. then I'm suddenly like, "wait... what the hell was I talking about... what was the topic?"
It's pretty scary... sometimes I don't even remember why I am where I am. People have fallen under the impression that I'm some chronically stoned druggo person... maybe they're right and I just don't remember

for this reason, I end up writing a lot... making the ideas concrete and my thought processes more easily traced

You never lie. I do that a lot too.