Food Pictures

hidwell

So, I stopped at my favorite little grocery store on the way home from work tonight. I overheard one of the stock clerks telling another that he had to check out this particular type of food sold in their British section. He goes and grabs a can, shows it to the other clerk, and they both bust out laughing! What was this funny food?

spotted-dick.jpg

Who has eaten this? Is it good? It sounds like an STD!!! :eek:

It is old fashioned English dessert, suet pudding lays in your stomach like cement.::p:

1BlackSheep

It is old fashioned English dessert, suet pudding lays in your stomach like cement.::p:
I can imagine - it sounds awful!

Plus, who would want anyone to hear them say they ate a little spotted dick!

"How was your spotted dick?"
"Oh, it was very tasty!"

That's just WRONG!!! ::p:

hidwell

I can imagine - it sounds awful!

Plus, who would want anyone to hear them say they ate a little spotted dick!

"How was your spotted dick?"
"Oh, it was very tasty!"

That's just WRONG!!! ::p:

Richard is short for Dick, so spotted Dick conjures up even more double meanings.::p:

1BlackSheep

Richard is short for Dick, so spotted Dick conjures up even more double meanings.::p:
Wait a minute - isn't it the other way around, that Dick is short for Richard? What is the "even more double meaning"? Yes, I am clueless at times! ::p:

hidwell

Oh, my goodness, I haven't had this in a very long time! My mum makes this pretty well but the last time we had them was so long ago. Maybe I will request it, and then watch how she makes it so I can cook it myself. :D

You can buy them at Aldi, but homemade is best.::p: