Food and Cooking

this_portrait

I suck at cooking. Always have, and probably will continue to do so.

I also hate cleaning the pots and pans after I finish cooking. *Barf* Most of the time I'm too lazy to cook, or I don't have the time.

So most of my meals consist of either microwave food, campus cafeteria food, or fast food, because I'm that lazy. >.>

philly2bits

Healthy breakfast ideas??

I tend to keep my breakfasts simple. It's hard for me to get the energy to bother thinking of something to cook and then prepare it in the mornings. I either will eat a bowl of cereal, but not kid stuff. There are plenty of healthy cereals that are good tasting. Lately I have been eating a protein bar and a piece of fruit when I wake up. Not a granola bar, they have too much sugar. I buy my bars in the health food section of the supermarket.

Kathryn

I like to cook. It's sort of relaxing even at it's most hectic. I try to add my new ideas to anything I cook, even if they are just hotdogs. Since the weather has gotten cooler I have started making a big pot of soup every other Sunday. So far I have made a bean soup and a chicken soup. I've been looking around for ideas for my next but I am coming up short.

try beef stew

dark_horse

Love cooking!
Don't do much of it since my breakup. Red wine, good music, preparing a dish - very relaxing and satisfying.

Seems like a common thread in tis thread...

Closeout

I love food. When I started working in a grocery store three years ago, I learned SO much more than I ever would've known about different types of produce, cheeses, etc. I also started doing a lot more personal shopping. I really enjoy making desserts. The last thing I made was a tres leches cake and my brother loved it so much that he's begging me to make him one for Christmas! lol.
My mom mentioned something about a French apple pie, but I haven't found a really good recipe for that yet. :)

Kat

I would like to take a cooking course someday. I have considered it as something I could do if my other career options didn’t pan out. I also enjoy cooking but worry that I will cut or burn myself on something, which is more inclined to happen when I am nervous.::eek::

Remus

Staff member
anyone make bolognaise and cheat?

here in the UK I use the Lloyd Grossman chilli and tomato sauce in with some cooked mince and onion, tastes like resturaunt quality lol

I know how to make the real thing but guess I'm lazy

philly2bits

I cheat alot when cooking. I've never tried to make bolognaise. I try to look for shortcuts where ever I can. Unless an ingredient or step in cooking is absolutely necessary, I will try to find my own way make a dish.

Awkward Annie

I enjoy cooking if it's for other people but I hate cooking for myself. It never tastes as nice as when someone else cooks it for you. For the winter you can't beat a baked potato with mince, cheese, coleslaw and salad. Divine.

Nack

Banned
I put water in a bowl of instant ramen and put it in the Microwave for 4 mins. Does that count as a culinary skill?

Krista

This is something I could talk about all day :)

I love cooking, I'm rather good at it actually. I took a culinary program at a college while I was in high school my junior year and was considering going to the Art Institute in Chicago for it after school but changed my mind later. Always time to do other stuff though.

I used to make this dish when I worked as a chef at Tampopo
very nice but a poor second to Korean Beef Bulgogi I'm a Kim Chi addict too

*droolz on keyboard*

I will try the Bulgogi if I'm in a Korean restaurant. I've seen the link you gave me and it definately looks delicious. I think I will try to make Bulgogi some day. I've eaten kimchi many times in Hong Kong. I'm addicted to it too. Hot and sour food is good!

Last edited:
Every once in a while, my brother and I will each select the most ridiculous, impossible recipe and attempt to make it. It's hilarious, because we're both horrible at cooking anything, so it's always a surprise as to how the food will turn out. Whoever makes the best meal "wins", but I always lose because my brother insists that vegan food isn't really food.