Fitness Thread

WeirdyMcGee

To quote myself previously:
I'm 5'5
By this point last year, I was 187lbs
Currently, I am 130lbs

I go out running for approximately 1hr, 6 mornings a week (about 4km)
40mins a day 4 days a week of boxing
25mins a day 4 days a week of strength training (focus on weak little girly arms)
I do 20mins a day of pilates
20mins a day of yoga

I went for an annual physical a couple weeks ago and my doctor had some advice for me and encouraged me to keep up with my routine because eventually it'll help me feel less depressed.

I am *actually* only 5'3 and a quarter inches tall
haha
I am 133lbs

I go out running for approximately 1hr, 6 mornings a week (about 8km, now)
40mins a day 5 days a week of boxing
30mins a day 6 days a week of strength training
I do 30mins a day of pilates
20mins a day of yoga
Swim 4k, 1 day a week

I would go out more often to swim but swimming means being in public and there is only one day a week that the beach is not swarming with tourists.

The stretchmarks from my thighs are nearly invisible- I still have lines on my stomach but my doctor said that they're normal for someone with my blood pressure who spend most of the day in a sitting position.

Staying well hydrated- decrease in portion sizes; increase in protein and daily iron intake.

The trip to Quebec never happened but I'm trying not to focus on any more trips--- rather, just focusing on staying fit, keeping up my energy level, trying not to be so terribly low.
I am really hoping to be well enough to go outside a few days a week starting in the fall- to start taking martial arts again.
I'd like to do some spinning but I'll need a bike for that first.
A bike or a treadmill-- but they don't really come cheap and I'd need it to be delivered; so we'll see what happens~

Section_31

I usually play airsoft, which entails hailing around about 40 to 50 pounds of gear, along with a rifle that weighs between 5 to 10 lbs.

Running around for 3 hours crouching, getting shot at and shooting at others.

I havent played in quite a long time because of money constraints, but were slowly getting out of that situation so i should be able to start again soon. I would only do this once a week for 4 hours a night but i really found myself burning alot of calories.

Thats in the winter, during the indoor games. In summer, at the outdoor games, the games can last as long as 17 hours, and thats when the real excersize kicks in. But those are pretty tough and im usually worn out for a few days after somthing like that.

Blabla..

well i started p90x today. tony horton is trying to kill me. i finished the first day and did ok.

ahh!

I have the p90x dvd's too , and they are very good workouts , tony is very funny at times.

I especially like the (extreme)Yoga and the full stretching , plyometrics is just killing me , definitely the most intense cardio workout i have ever done.

da_illest101

ahh!

I have the p90x dvd's too , and they are very good workouts , tony is very funny at times.

I especially like the (extreme)Yoga and the full stretching , plyometrics is just killing me , definitely the most intense cardio workout i have ever done.

I have the videos also. I have them for over a year. The max i ever done was one week. After a week, after recovering from the training, i feel in such a good shape that i simply stop. Not this time. Today is gonna be 1 week and a day. I want to get in shape for school but ill do my best to continu after school. Like you said plyo and yoga are freaking hardcore

Blabla..

I have the videos also. I have them for over a year. The max i ever done was one week. After a week, after recovering from the training, i feel in such a good shape that i simply stop. Not this time. Today is gonna be 1 week and a day. I want to get in shape for school but ill do my best to continu after school. Like you said plyo and yoga are freaking hardcore

I have had them for about a year also , but i don't stick to the schedule i just pick a random lesson depending on how i feel , their workouts are mostly for weight loss and muscle toning , i'm trying to build mass so i usually mix p90x with my weight lifting routines . Lol yoga is so intense , but once you get the hang of it it feels amazing , with the deep breathing it always leave me energized and relax at the same .

doubleM

ahh!

plyo is the toughest workout on there. i usually get halfway through it and im done. lol but thats normal. i usually do half of the plyo then do some cardio x. yoga has helped my flexibility.
i also got the insanity workout with shaun t. it seems to be a lot more cardio than p90x. i would be doing that too if my shin splints werent killing me.

doubleM

yeah that happened to me the first time i did it. i went for like a week and then quit. but now im more dedicated and i promised my self i would not quit this time. ive been at it for 2 weeks now and still going. i can feel a real difference already.

da_illest101

I have had them for about a year also , but i don't stick to the schedule i just pick a random lesson depending on how i feel , their workouts are mostly for weight loss and muscle toning , i'm trying to build mass so i usually mix p90x with my weight lifting routines . Lol yoga is so intense , but once you get the hang of it it feels amazing , with the deep breathing it always leave me energized and relax at the same .

I used to want mass back in the days, when i was going to the gym. I still have some mass but way less then before. Now I simply want a 6 pack. for some reason i'm starting to get obsess with getting one

da_illest101

yeah that happened to me the first time i did it. i went for like a week and then quit. but now im more dedicated and i promised my self i would not quit this time. ive been at it for 2 weeks now and still going. i can feel a real difference already.

i just did the first day of my second week. man it feel so good. Don't give up

I do weights three times and cardio 2 times a week. I find it a good way to release all your pent up frustrations. I was doing well until i broke my arm at the start of the year, trying to do too much. Its all about rehab at the moment

WeirdyMcGee

I've increased my 8km runs in the morning- to 12km.
Seems to be working something finally!
My legs are beginning to shape up.
now... if only it weren't so darn cold in the mornings! Aghh!

Deus_Ex_Lemur

Wow! Congrats! Going to haveta change your name to WeirdyMcLeggy ::p: I've just begun "running" again more like interval training though. So hilly by me hard to run the whole time. Nor can I run in the real mornings quite yet - though that's my goal.

And finally returning to the gym. Feeling better getting more consistent exercise in.

Deus_Ex_Lemur

Yeah I've been interval jogging faithfully for the past several weeks. It feels amazing. I came home from class today exhausted, but I suited up and forced myself to go for my run. I got right into it and it woke me right up and now I have so much energy :)

As Nike says, JUST DO IT. It really really REALLY pays off. So worth any initial discomfort or lack of motivation.

I know I usually hate those corporate "logo/sayings" but Nike got it right. Just DO IT! Such simple great words, we "overthink" things too much that stop us from "doing"! =D

Although I wear adidas and hate Nike otherwise =D

da_illest101

Lmao, running 8 to 12 km, i not sure i could walk 1 km. Werdy you are a boss

I miss working out, i have been injured somewhere in thr beginning of august ( back injury, nerve damage) so i can't train at all. I feel the damage in the whole right side of my body. I have been taking anti flammatory ( wtv its spelled) for a month now and once i finish my prescription, it was 40 days, ill go back to get another x ray scan. In the mean while all i'm doing is stretching, even yoga can be too hardcore for my body

nicole1

Went to my first Zumba class today. I felt embarrassed but there was comfort in knowing that not all were...great at Zumba-ing. It was fun and I hope to go to the gym more often.

AGR

I am pretty fit I guess,I lift weights 1 time per 2 weeks,but it is pretty intense,in the meanwhile in those two weeks I do boxing related cardio and go to the boxing gym,only problem is my weight which is 90kg I want to be between 70/65kg.

Blabla..

I started to jog outside , it feels really good but , i get super nervous from people seeing me sweating , i carried a hand towel but still , i feel stupid for being all sweaty , i'm sure people are thinking all kinds of stuff , when i stop at a red light i'm sure people look at me thinking , "what the .. this guy is all sweaty , what's wrong with him .." haha

Maybe i should dress like it's obvious i'm running or exercising , i should get some sport clothes .

Section_31

I used to play alot of airsoft. Running around for a good 3 to 24 hours lugging a 20 pounds pack and toy guns weighing a few pounds, with a combo of crouching, sneaking, sprinting, shooting, and trying not to get shot in turn, is great for burning calories.

Unfortunately due to financial constraints I havnt been able to play in a very long time, but i plan to return to it someday if i get the money.

Dead_on_Arrival

Reading about all you guys running makes me uber jealous. I wish I could run but it cripples me when I do. I have Planter Fasciitis so I can't do anything that causes impact on my feet. The only leg exercise I get is on my bike.