First date in a year

ukchick

So looking forward to my first date tomorrow since my divorce but so worried at the same time.
Thinking about hugging someone when my chest and back gets so wet just fills me with dread.
I've changed my mind so many times with this bloke and seriously feel,again,like cancelling.I know this has hurt his feelings.
I would appreciate any advice on how to just relax and enjoy myself.
Before anyone suggests,this is so private to me and I would never mention this problem to my date. I need crafty tecniques to hide it I guess.
Thanks for any tips.

Englishman

Good luck Ukchick, don't feel bad if you're too anixous to go. Don't force yourself into anything you don't wanna do.. Just try figure out what's the best thing to do!

foulbeast

So looking forward to my first date tomorrow since my divorce but so worried at the same time.
Thinking about hugging someone when my chest and back gets so wet just fills me with dread.
I've changed my mind so many times with this bloke and seriously feel,again,like cancelling.I know this has hurt his feelings.
I would appreciate any advice on how to just relax and enjoy myself.
Before anyone suggests,this is so private to me and I would never mention this problem to my date. I need crafty tecniques to hide it I guess.
Thanks for any tips.

best thing i can suggest is to set the date to someplace you know theres air conditions (like your house :bigsmile:) so by the time he gets there youll be chilled.
even so i would suggest later on telling him whats on your mind and about that problem... i personally get turned on by womens issues :giggle: it shows how human you are, and that iam not the only one who's ****ed up :)

Sprawling

If you find yourself breaking out in massive sweat, maybe just tell the guy. If he seems interesting, just be honest and tell him that you have some weird sweating disease. Most people find it fascinating. If the date works out and he calls for another date you'll know the sweating is a none issue.

Good Luck, and remember to enjoy yourself!

CharlesN

Congrats first of all. Great that you are getting out there. Do not let HH hinder you from doing anything and everything. Your daughter is watching you - so if you show her that you can do anything - it empowers her in to thinking she too can do anything.

Remember it's his first date with you as well... Chances are he will be way too caught up trying to impress you and worried about his own hangups, insecurities, etc. to really notice. If you open up to him about it - it might very well help him relax as well and chances are very very high that he will be totally understanding and cool about it. It would be way better for a guy to know - than to have you shy away from a hug or something because without the background info - a guy would just assume you are rejecting him. And if he's not understanding about the sweat - frankly you're better off knowing early and not wasting your time with a guy like that. Plenty of fish in the sea.

Good luck!

hyp-hi

Chances are he will be just as nervous as you. If you want to try to hide it, ok, but if you keep going out, eventually, he may notice. Anyway, let us know how it goes!

OceanMist

Honestly if you want something to help you remember that you are the woman and the odds are that if your dating time with this guy ever ends it will probably be you rejecting him. That's just statistics, rejection is usually intitiated by the woman. He's probably got more to worry about than you do.

ukchick

Thanks so much everyone. The date was AMAZING. I knew this guy from years ago and he has been in touch over the past 2 years. So I felt totally relaxed in his company,the restaurant was cool and we also sat outside...all things that made my life tons easier.
It's sad that it probably wont lead into a relationship as we live too far apart but it has given me soooooo much confidence to start dating again.
I feel fantastic right now.lol.xx

JR25

Hey UKChick. Great news, glad it went so well for ya! :) I was meaning to post the other night but was using my phone and it was being a pain so wasn't able to. The only advice I was going to offer re your HH was to wear an under-top (a tactic I've used for back and torso HH for years now!), but thankfully it sounds like you coped brilliantly anyway, so well played! :applause:

HHDisturbed

Congrats first of all. Great that you are getting out there. Do not let HH hinder you from doing anything and everything. Your daughter is watching you - so if you show her that you can do anything - it empowers her in to thinking she too can do anything.

Remember it's his first date with you as well... Chances are he will be way too caught up trying to impress you and worried about his own hangups, insecurities, etc. to really notice.

Again, excellent post Charles and I fully agree.

Dear UKChick: I believe from my own experience that nervousness and anxiety are contributing factors that cause sweating. So I would also suggest a glass of wine to help relax you before a date. But regardless of having HH you have every right to be happy and to live your life. Don't allow sweating to stop you from experiencing the most wonderful things in life. You and your daughter deserve it as much as anyone.

Think positive and believe in yourself and others will see you for the beautiful person you are. If someone likes (or loves) you for who you are then your sweating will not matter to them.

Wishing you the best and hope all of your dates go well. :)

Last edited: