Find yourself? What the heck?

Richey

it's a silly quote that people use because popular quotes are recycled everywhere, even if they are frankly odd. just like how "get a life" is equally as perplexing a comment. everyone has a life, all valid. they really mean "find your confident self". Live the life you truly want to the fullest etc and all of that bizzo.

Nanita

Finding myself. Beginning to understand my own patterns of behaviour & reactions. Finding out how different surroundings affect me. Understanding what food is the best for my health. Which relations are good for me/bad for me. Which activities charge my batteries, and which activities drain my energy. And so on and so on.

Subpop

Finding myself. Beginning to understand my own patterns of behaviour & reactions. Finding out how different surroundings affect me. Understanding what food is the best for my health. Which relations are good for me/bad for me. Which activities charge my batteries, and which activities drain my energy. And so on and so on.

This is what I think the cliche' is referring to...like when a person says 'She/he has their act together' as a complement. I think some people know themselves very well and use this knowledge in a positive way to enhance their life experience. I also think that there are other people who know themselves very well but unfortunately really struggle to actually apply this knowledge in a practical and positive way due to co-existing illness, either physical or mental.

Nanita

I also think that there are other people who know themselves very well but unfortunately really struggle to actually apply this knowledge in a practical and positive way due to co-existing illness, either physical or mental.

That is how I am... I know myself pretty well, and I´m aware of certain things that are either good or bad for me, yet I can´t get my act together and stay on the right path.