Fife Girl and I Will be meeting each other at some point 100%:):)

fife_girl

Yeah.:)

My anxiety is quite severe to the point of me being house bound and it's worse around people.

So to my surprise meeting up with someone went better than I ever could of imagined.I was really nervous before it happened but it went really well,you instantly feel more comfortable with someone you know understands why you might be quite or a bit shy.

You guys will be more than fine,and after you have met up you will both wonder why you were so nervous about it in the first place.

hey that really helps :) cheers for that :)
are u still friends with the person u met up with?
would u do it again?
i hate that housebound stage...i get that from time to time :(
longest time being 4 months!!

Waybuloo

thanks everyone :)
next week.....im gonna get more nervous as it gets closer and closer lol
but equally im looking forward to meeting a good friend in person :)

have any of you met up with someone from here??

/yep three times, they have been interesting experiences. Drinking defo helps, but don't get drunk before he does :)

fife_girl

/yep three times, they have been interesting experiences. Drinking defo helps, but don't get drunk before he does :)

lol il try not getting drunk b4 i meet but depends on my anxiety levels, might need a few just to leave the house :s lol

DanFC

well i hope to god i dont back out!! haha
:S
i tend to do that but dont think i will...i hope...hmmm :rolleyes: lol

Even if you do back out I'm sure he'll understand.

But consider that your in a position many of us in this forum can only dream of being in. To meet someone in real life who understands your SA, and maybe knows you in ways you'd never thought anybody could? Sign me up, lol.

fife_girl

Even if you do back out I'm sure he'll understand.

But consider that your in a position many of us in this forum can only dream of being in. To meet someone in real life who understands your SA, and maybe knows you in ways you'd never thought anybody could? Sign me up, lol.

id just feel crap to let him down n waste his money on train tickets n all that,

hey come meet us too then :p lol

Feathers

lol are you both girls? I thought Scottish was a guy, and with all the drinking, uhm...? :D

Oops, sorry - corrected: great friendship meeting then - and even if it sucks and you two absolutely hate each other, you'll still have tales to tell here on SPW (and to your grandkids)!
(You may even add a confidentiality clause to the meeting - or just put it all on YouTube? :D *joking*)
Scottish or whoever would do the travelling (or you both) could make some 'backup plans' just in case (museums, literary pub crawl, gallery opening, Madame Tuessauds-sp?...?)

I haven't dared to meet many people from online before, so you are both very BRAVE!!
I did meet a guy who we wrote e-mails with and would hang out on forums for a year+ and it was good, a friend was with me for courage (and safety lol, though I knew more kungfu than she did, and even I didn't know much lol and it was VERY public).. He introduced me to a lot of great films and music, so maybe you try to focus on material things when all gets worse too?? (Or try other sources of B vitamins than beer? :D)

Feathers

Well Iam a lesbian!! I love the...woman!! we can check out the chicks fife girl!!! :D

Okay, I am very confused now. :D Who's lesbian and who isn't and who isn't dating and why not - but that will probably have to wait till next weekend??

And if you guys check out the chicks, well, another adventure to add to a memorable day/evening?? hmm?? lol!
I am thinking this could make a wonderful short story or at least blog entry lol! (but promise to restrain myself from writing it lol)

friendship is better than dating though, and much less stress, lol!! :)

fife_girl

lol are you both girls? I thought Scottish was a guy, and with all the drinking, uhm...?

Oops, sorry - corrected: great friendship meeting then - and even if it sucks and you two absolutely hate each other, you'll still have tales to tell here on SPW (and to your grandkids)!
(You may even add a confidentiality clause to the meeting - or just put it all on YouTube? *joking*)
Scottish or whoever would do the travelling (or you both) could make some 'backup plans' just in case (museums, literary pub crawl, gallery opening, Madame Tuessauds-sp?...?)

I haven't dared to meet many people from online before, so you are both very BRAVE!!
I did meet a guy who we wrote e-mails with and would hang out on forums for a year+ and it was good, a friend was with me for courage (and safety lol, though I knew more kungfu than she did, and even I didn't know much lol and it was VERY public).. He introduced me to a lot of great films and music, so maybe you try to focus on material things when all gets worse too?? (Or try other sources of B vitamins than beer? :D)

Brave?...yea im very nervous lol but i know we will have fun, gonna take him to a gay bar lol :)

thats really good you have met ppl from online :)

Okay, I am very confused now. :D Who's lesbian and who isn't and who isn't dating and why not - but that will probably have to wait till next weekend??

And if you guys check out the chicks, well, another adventure to add to a memorable day/evening?? hmm?? lol!
I am thinking this could make a wonderful short story or at least blog entry lol! (but promise to restrain myself from writing it lol)

NO ONE IS DATING!! well not and i fife girl anyway!!:D

Iam Straight!! so i can eye up the Bi and Straight Chicks!:D

fife_girl

ok to unconfuse you lol... im a gay female, scottishpacfan is a str8 male, he was kiddin bout being a lesbian cause he likes women too lol

Feathers

LOL OMG! :D Glad it's all cleared now...

Almost fell of a chair laughing...

Fife_girl, watch him in gay bars, he may get snatched soon!! :D

Seems like we crossposted, Scottish!! The magics of the internets didn't let me see your post before I wrote mine, apparently something supernatural be happenin' in Scotland, aye?

Will run off board before I cause more world confusion lol!! :D

It sounds you guys will have a FAB time!!!! :D