Females Don't Take Initiative because..

ohheybbyitscorixx

Sorry. Wasn't trying to be mean, I was just wondering out loud, hence the question mark at the end of that sentence. Poor choice of wording on my part. :/

Oh, that's fine then. :p Sorry, I've meant some people who think that the guy should do everything and women should do nothing, and were really serious. I guess the wave of feminism and female empowerment might contribute to women not being afraid to be more dominating now.

Gaucho

btw, I also rejected dates when I was a teenager, because of "what could the other people think", not if they like the girl or not, but how they would think about me, weird etc, and I always was insecure about how my mother would react.
I just remembered that.

Kiwong

I wouldn't want a stranger to approach me to be honest that would make me uncomfortable. I might have to say no, I might need to find out if we had anything at all in common. If it was somebody that I knew a little already then that would be OK.

I wouldn't approach somebody I didn't really now either. I suspect that could scare people. Who is this stranger approaching me? I would be more comfortable approaching someone who I knew and they knew about me, maybe through shared interests.

bcsr

I'd love to be asked out. It sucks constantly putting myself out there just to be rejected.
Guess I'm just not desirable enough for that? :D

I got married, but my situation is unique.

Originally, i was dating my wife's best friend. I met my current wife through my ex. Me and that girl broke up, but my wife and me stayed friends, and she ended up moving to my city to go to university. At the time we were just good friends, nothing was there feelings wise, but they say proximity breeds that. We discovered we both had ALOT more in common than either of us realized, including that both of us are S/A pretty badly. I realize the odds of this must be 1 in a million. And the whole time, my ex, and her best friends, had been waiting for us to hook up, thinking we were perfect for one another. And we are.

How did we get past the initial fears?. Well, considering weve known eachother going on 10 yrs now and have only been together for 5....yea it took a long long time. Eventually we fumbled our way into a kiss. And that was it for us.

My story most likely wont be very inspiring because of the circumstances surrounding it. And i understand that.

The reality of just how rare this is for someone with S/A makes me cherish her all that much more, and i make sure i always stop, kiss her, tell her i love her, at least once a day. Doesnt matter if im late for work, or whatever is going on.

If i had to start again and find a life partner im really not sure i could.

Wow, what a story. Just wanted to say I really enjoyed reading that. I'm happy for you both :)