feeling lonely... :(

Flanscho

Well, did you try to acquire a hobby, that you can do with others, and then meet people who have the same hobby?

InvisaLady

I wish I even had 1 friend. BTW hobbies don't always help. I'm involved in a hobby where most will not even talk to you unless they already know you, they only care about winning not making friends.

mixedupgirl

I wish i had some friends... or rather i wish i didn't have any anxiety and then i could possibly make some friends...

Kiwong

Well the weekend is here, and the paradox is, I'm on my own, but I feel less lonely.

planemo

yep, i have no friends. wish i did, but what can i do? this condition controls my life. :sad:

I wish I even had 1 friend. BTW hobbies don't always help. I'm involved in a hobby where most will not even talk to you unless they already know you, they only care about winning not making friends.

Yeah, I always thought this particular piece of advice is pretty pointless for someone with SA. Join a club/pursue a hobby... well, you're going to run into the same social cliques and issues as you would anywhere else. It only works for socially normal people, I think. Or even then maybe it only works for those who are especially good at making friends quickly.

awkwardamanda

Yeah. It's okay to find a hobby if you genuinely enjoy it, but if you're only trying to find a hobby so that you can meet people, then you're in it for the wrong reasons.

S_Spartan

Oh ya, I feel lonely everyday. I've been struggling with loneliness for many years. I've even struggled with it while in relationships with the opposite sex. Well, I'm single now and the loneliness is off the charts. Also really don't have many friends. The few I do have are married and have children so they have zero time.
I'm not good at the hobby thing as my strong feelings of loneliness seems to even overshadow that. It really overshadows everything in my life and so I'm always trying to fix it but never making any real progress because it isn't a problem that can be "fixed" through logic alone.
I've looked at a local Meetup.com group in my area but the pictures they show I can tell it's already a big clique so I didn't bother. Then they made the group "private" and adopted a very strict "no show" policy so it is like they are trying to discourage new people from joining. I just can't win!

Marc7

Yeah, I always thought this particular piece of advice is pretty pointless for someone with SA. Join a club/pursue a hobby... well, you're going to run into the same social cliques and issues as you would anywhere else. It only works for socially normal people, I think. Or even then maybe it only works for those who are especially good at making friends quickly.

I think having a hobby applies to normal people like you said, unless a sa person who learns to lower their anxiety and know how make friends with strangers.

Last edited:

Saga

I know the feeling all to well, even when surrounded by people that I consider my friends. Somehow I always feel as if there is a sort of barrier. >.<
...If you ever want to talk, message me. c: