Ever wish you could pause life?

gsmax5

It would be so cool if you could pause life. Things would be so much easier.

If someone asked me a question, I could hit the pause button, think about what to say, and then just unpause and say the perfect thing.

Example (without pause):

Outgoing person: Hi, how are you?
Me: Umm, I don't know. I forgot what I'm supposed to say when someone asks me that because I'm a dumbass.

Example (with pause):

Outgoing person: Hi, how are you?
Me: (all the stupid cliches ever invented, even though I hate cliches)

If I could pause life, I would be really outgoing and popular

If I could pause life, I would run naked down 5th avenue jumping from car to car all the way home singing that "Tomorrow, Tomorrow" song from Little Orphan Annie.

But seriously.

I'd pause life just as a panic attack is about to hit me so that no one would ever see me like that again. And the naked singing thing too.

If I could pause life, I would run naked down 5th avenue jumping from car to car all the way home singing that "Tomorrow, Tomorrow" song from Little Orphan Annie.

Not bad... I've considered streaking before. Just a "f**k you" type thing. As for the pause, I'd like to have that ability. I always feel like I'm losing time.

Hellhound

Super Moderator
Haha... I've often fantasized with something like this, but to prevent others from hurting me physica and mentally, to defend myself better, maybe play some pranks on the idiots before they got to hurt me. But now that you mention it, it would be a cool idea to use something like that in conversations too :D

there should be an SA superhero who has the ability to stop time in order to avoid embarrassment! any illustrators in the house? lol

I would love to pause life just to take a break sometimes and do things like sleep when tired before class etc.

Yes, that would be very nice. Kind of like the remote from Click, but hopefully things would turn out better than they did for Adam Sandler.

I'm gonna have to disagree with u on the pause button issue. Imagine what would happen if you always knew the perfect thing to say. You'd be like a movie character. People would probably find you unapproachable and scary 'cause you'd be un-humanlike. It's also tiring for urself when ur always pretending to be something you're not.

But if I could have a rewind button that'd be sweet. I want a do over for my entire loner childhood.

Oh I want a drug that makes my body un-age to when I was a little kid. There used to be an anime series about a similar story.

Noca

Banned
I dont wish for a "pause" button in life, I wish for an "ESC" or "ALT F4" button in my life.

I don't wish for a "Pause" button in life either, I wish for a "Rewind" Button. I would love to be able to Rewind my life back to a certain time in my early childhood, and start over again!:(
So I could do things differently the second time.

Last edited:

Predacon

That'd be awesome, it would give me plenty of time to think of witty responses to stupid questions or just get the hell out of there.

iamthenra

Whoa... If I had the power to "pause" life... I would rather go back 41 years and make my mother have an abortion so I wouldn't be here...

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
But if I could have a rewind button that'd be sweet. I want a do over for my entire loner childhood.

A pause button would certainly be nice, but a rewind button would MAKE...MY...LIFE. Seriously, I know the exact moment I would go back, stop me from doing something, and no more problems.

But then again messing with fate may get messy. I may not be happy with where I ended up, but there are a lot of things I wouldn't trade for my SA to be gone.

I would love to be able to freeze, or significantly slow down time (like super slow-mo). I mean, for everything that is at least 20cm away from you. Otherwise you'd suffocate while not continuously walking forward (due to fresh air no longer flowing into the area's you just took oxygen from), or worse, you'd trap yourself in frozen time. Also, I'd like to have control over certain objects to resume time on. :3

I've actually spend allot of time fantasizing over this. |3

Last edited: