Ever stare at yourself?

Ren Koutaisou

I can not stop staring at myself. When I am looking in a mirror, I just stare at my face and if I don't have clothes on, I stare at my body. I am extremely critical about things and have not accepted my imperfections.

I am not insecure about the way I look, but I only think about myself in 90% of any situation I come across. I am always spaced out and this may be the reason why.

I can smile sincerely when I am standing in front of a mirror, but most other times I have trouble doing so.

Does anyone else do this? Just stare at thyself?

Hellhound

Super Moderator
No, I hate mirrors and try to avoid them as much as possible (I think i've said this before in a similar thread, not sure)

Ren Koutaisou

Well I see good things about myself in the mirror. And I see good things about you both in your pictures.

Maybe we are all hot, and we just don't know yet.

I try not to, because I will always pick out the parts of my face I hate, and it makes me even more depressed:(

206Raider

I noticed if you look at yourself in the mirror a lot you will find a lot of things wrong with yourself. I used to do that sometimes, but now I don't becuase if I look at the mirror fast I think I look good enough but if I sit there for like 5 minutes I start seeing things wrong.

The last time I looked into the mirror like that I was really high awhile ago I pulled up a chair and stared at myself for like 30 minutes lol

Krista

It's the opposite for me kinda. I mean I'm not saying I'm beautiful because I most certainly am not but when I'm sitting with a group of people or something, in my head I see myself as this gross, ugly person. I feel like that's how everyone else sees me and I panic thinking this is why people don't like me(I assume they don't like me) and then I go by the mirror to make sure I don't and then I see myself and I have to remember I don't look like what I think I do.

pljunkie

I stare at myself a lot. I have a lot of issues with how I look and whenever I leave the house I'm always comparing myself to other people and think that I'm uglier. When I look in the mirror I sometimes think I don't look normal.

AimeeSP

Yeah i do, i have alot of anxiety over my acne scared skin so wear cover up foundation nearly everyday so i have to look in the mirrior. But 99% of the time before i do i just sit there and look at all my imperfections and always get myself upset. I guess it's like bullying myself really. :S

Silvox Black

Ha, if there was something even remotely decent on my decrepit corpse of a body, then I would glance at it. For me, I simply make every attempt to not see myself at all, for every time I do only self-loathing and bitterness follow my wake.

recluse

I have an obsession with how my facial expression appears. My worst fear is that my face shows my anxiety/fear and with my security job i can't let my fear show which will show weakness.

melsmood

I look at myself sometimes and try to pretend I'm not me, looking at me, trying to see what other people see when they see me lol

shore_of_glass

I look at myself sometimes and try to pretend I'm not me, looking at me, trying to see what other people see when they see me lol

this, sometimes

and yeah looking too long in the mirror can bring out the worst in you. I'm like, completely unsymmetrical and staring at the mirror makes it even worse lol.

It happens specially when I get up to school, zombie-like, and stare at the mirror without noticing the time going by.

dmdmm

Of course. I'm too sexy not to.

Not really. I do look though, and notice what's wrong. Like the fact that I'm so scrawny... Wish I could actually do something about it. Can't until I have surgery. So it will be next September or October before I can actually exercise again...