Ever Just Feel Hopeless?

206Raider

I just don't know. I have faith for the future but it never seems like things truly get better but rather I get a little bit of joy and it's fool's gold becuase then I always go back to square one. It's a constant battle that I feel I can't win sometimes. Nothing even triggered this but this is how I feel everynow and then. No matter how hard I try things never stay that way, it doesn't take much for me to fall flat again.

It just seems like sometimes my problems should be minute in comparison to the everyday person's worries but they seem so hard to me and I don't worry about what other people worry about. I feel backwards.

I get that way quite often. I wish I had advice, but the best I can come up with is to try to distract yourself from the feeling by doing things that you love or that make you feel like you have a purpose. All I can offer with any confidence is sympathy.

Hellhound

Super Moderator
I understand. I have those moments as well. The only thing I could suggest you is to try talking with someone whenever you feel down... maybe try to distract yourself somehow?

206Raider

Thanks guys, yeah I'll be fine it's just one of those days and luckily for me I have a very awesome and caring person to talk to right now + all of you guys.

Hellhound

Super Moderator
Hey, that's good! :D I am glad you have someone to talk to. I hope you will feel better soon...You have my support too.

Richey

yeh i know the feeling right now actually.
its sort of this intense fear of the unknown and uncertainty of the future.

i am desperately hunting for a full time job and yesterday my car stopped working,

lots of issues like that which can be stressful.

I just don't know. I have faith for the future but it never seems like things truly get better but rather I get a little bit of joy and it's fool's gold becuase then I always go back to square one. It's a constant battle that I feel I can't win sometimes. Nothing even triggered this but this is how I feel everynow and then. No matter how hard I try things never stay that way, it doesn't take much for me to fall flat again.

It just seems like sometimes my problems should be minute in comparison to the everyday person's worries but they seem so hard to me and I don't worry about what other people worry about. I feel backwards.

Your post couldn't have described the way that I feel any better. It's like I can get ahead for a little while, but it's only transient, and by the next week things have gotten out of hand once more. It makes me feel like I have no semblance of control. Helpless.

206Raider

Yep, it feels like I'm moving at a turtles pace and sometimes I don't even know if I'm heading in the right direction. Lots of times I feel myself going the right way only to have it all come crashing down and I start over. Trial and Error: New Start #23,572,852.

yeh i know the feeling right now actually.
its sort of this intense fear of the unknown and uncertainty of the future.

i am desperately hunting for a full time job and yesterday my car stopped working,

lots of issues like that which can be stressful.

Circumstances seem like they can change so fast, don't they? When the small things you take for granted on an every day basis (like access to a working automobile) start to break down, it can be almost harrowing to see the extent it permeates what you are able to do.

206Raider

Oh and I hope my car doesn't break down anytime soon, I feel it's coming though I really have to take it into the shop becuase it's stalling when it starts up and has all sorts of problems. If that dies I'll cry, well. maybe not but on the inside I would for sure lol

Oh and I hope my car doesn't break down anytime soon, I feel it's coming though I really have to take it into the shop becuase it's stalling when it starts up and has all sorts of problems. If that dies I'll cry, well. maybe not but on the inside I would for sure lol

man to avoid spending some serious cash on ur car, jus google different problems you have with your car and what type and year it is. There are many do it yourselfs in there. Thats how i had fixed some things on mine without having to pay someone to do it

206Raider

Yeah I'm trying to fix it actually and then sell it for something else, if it breaks down I'm screwed. There are some things I can do myself but mostly I will probably have to pay a little cash to get it working.

Bullied Anonymous

I think I understand ...
I fell and broke one time so I swept up the pieces and put myself back together again. When I rebuilt myself back, it was like I felt stronger ,but I found out I was only more prone to damage. I eventually fell again ,and everytime ,the pieces only got smaller and harder to grasp. I soon realized the more I broke the more empty spaces I had. Those empty spaces seemed little compared to my entire life ,but when I realized they were gone I missed the them. I missed the happiness they brought me. Being fragile makes me feel like my whole world's crashing down over the small things in my life.

I don't know if I could give suitable advice with all the drama I'm going through ,right now but I could share yours. Keep your head up. Breakage causes that loss of hope even in the most unnecessary and worldly things. Just keep rebuilding.

I hope that made sense and I apologize if it didn't.

Last edited:

206Raider

I think I understand ...
I fell and broke one time so I swept up the pieces and put myself back together again. When I rebuilt myself back, it was like I felt stronger ,but I found out I was only more prone to damage. I eventually fell again ,and everytime ,the pieces only got smaller and harder to grasp. I soon realized the more I broke the more empty spaces I had. Those empty spaces seemed little compared to my entire life ,but when I realized they were gone I missed the them. I missed the happiness they brought me. Being fragile makes me feel like my whole world's crashing down over the small things in my life.

I don't know if I could give suitable advice with all the drama I'm going through ,right now but I could share yours. Keep your head up. Breakage causes that loss of hope even in the most unnecessary and worldly things. Just keep rebuilding.

I hope that made sense and I apologize if it didn't.

No that was very well put, I understand exactly what your saying, usually when I build myself back up I usually think I'm ready for whatever only to fall harder. But thank you I'm keeping my head up and I hope things work out for you, your situation sounds so much more stressful but I have to remember as well as you that things will get better.

iamthenra

I understand exactly what you are saying. I too feel the same way. There are moments where I start feeling better, but being that SA and depression has basically ruled my life since I was 5 or 6 years old... I really don't know what it's like to be normal. It's hard to be positive when all your entire life you want something that seems unreachable... For me, it's having a g/f has been my goal since I was about 10. I'm 41 now, and the years keep flying by faster and faster the older I get. Sounds weird, but it's sooo true! I think for me at least I get even more down, because knowing how old I am and how I will have to settle for anyone and how age affects our bodies... Quite honestly my 41 year old body is ugly... I wish I were 20 still then I wouldn't feel so bad obsessing over all the beautiful 20 year old girls.... I find it very difficult accepting the fact I have to find an older woman now that I am "old"... How many 40 year old bodies are good enough to be in a magazine? Not very many.... I have missed out on something that I have always wanted, and now major regret and depression has set in... Excuse my whine... I sound like a broken record, repeating myself over and over and over.... Oh well, maybe when everyone gets sick of me I will just get deleted.

206Raider

I understand exactly what you are saying. I too feel the same way. There are moments where I start feeling better, but being that SA and depression has basically ruled my life since I was 5 or 6 years old... I really don't know what it's like to be normal. It's hard to be positive when all your entire life you want something that seems unreachable... For me, it's having a g/f has been my goal since I was about 10. I'm 41 now, and the years keep flying by faster and faster the older I get. Sounds weird, but it's sooo true! I think for me at least I get even more down, because knowing how old I am and how I will have to settle for anyone and how age affects our bodies... Quite honestly my 41 year old body is ugly... I wish I were 20 still then I wouldn't feel so bad obsessing over all the beautiful 20 year old girls.... I find it very difficult accepting the fact I have to find an older woman now that I am "old"... How many 40 year old bodies are good enough to be in a magazine? Not very many.... I have missed out on something that I have always wanted, and now major regret and depression has set in... Excuse my whine... I sound like a broken record, repeating myself over and over and over.... Oh well, maybe when everyone gets sick of me I will just get deleted.

No man, your cool. I understand it must be miserable for you, it's really all a mental drought, but I'm sure you'll be rewarded witht he perfect girl when you least expect it. I am pretty inexperienced with girls too, although I've had a couple, nothing was serious and didn't last long. I wish I could see the future in some ways, if I knew what was ahead then it seems I would do whatever to get there, but I'm so unsure some days, what lies ahead? Will I die a lonely old man, will I be happily married, will I be broke on the streets or rich or just living average? But I know the future is what we make of it so I have to suck it up and just do whatever it takes.....easier said than done ::(:

I think I understand ...

Wow, that is a great description!...I can totally relate to that!

ah --the realization of the bleakness in life and how one can only do so much to give it enough meaning. O i have been there and still am, but it takes a while to come to terms in which you have to realize your own strengths and weaknesses and how thy actually can fit in the world. I guess that is how the meaning "live one day at time" kind of comes in since you gotta accept the fact that we are all just things that live, as powerless on controlling certain aspects of our own lives and nothing more. It doesn't mean that everything is absolutely fixed though but in the big picture this is pretty normal to think this way about being hopeless. You'll bounce back though, fortunately this feeling is not permanent. Too bad life is not always filled with enough excitement.