Ever heard of Hunger Games?

It was my favorite book to read. I love reading heroine novels. Its about a girl name Katniss Everdeen who is picked to fight till death of the hunger games. the whole concept on the hunger games is to kill each other and one wins. Pretty violent though. Catching Fire and Mockingjay was more depressing.

totoro

I liked The Hunger Games but was disappointed with the other two books, particularly Mockingjay. Overall, it is still a good series and I'm looking forward to seeing the movie!

bluebells

ah, the hunger games is one of the best series i've ever read. can't wait for all the movies to come out!

WeirdyMcGee

So it's basically Battle Royale?
haha

I'm sure the book is wonderful but lately I've been so annoyed with hollywood and the way they pick book after book; choose terrible actors to play the parts and turn the whole franchise into a tween obsessed, sexually charged nightmare.
It's kind of disgusting.
Sorry, HP, Twilight, HG fans. It's sad but true.

Then when you say you're a fan of the book, people who are obsessed with the movies give readers a bad name. XD

Oh well.
I can't read.
I watch movies though... and I've been thoroughly disappointed in the past. And annoyed by the fanatics. haha

The Hunger Games was a very good series. I'm excited, but a little afraid, for the movies. When I read a book and see the movie, I try to separate the two as two entirely different entities.

irrational

Couldn't agree more. Seems like everything lately has been a rip off ... I mean was inspired by someone else's work. Cartoons, books, comics, Foreign hits (Japan and Scandinavia mainly). Surprised we haven't seen a crusader Arn remake yet (although I might actually go see that, the original was pretty awesome).

Edit: LotR was the only exception, for me anyway. Read the books as a kid, and loved the movies. Cast, CG, story telling, etc, that was done very well.

So it's basically Battle Royale?
haha

I'm sure the book is wonderful but lately I've been so annoyed with hollywood and the way they pick book after book; choose terrible actors to play the parts and turn the whole franchise into a tween obsessed, sexually charged nightmare.
It's kind of disgusting.
Sorry, HP, Twilight, HG fans. It's sad but true.

Couldn't agree more. Seems like everything lately has been a rip off ... I mean was inspired by someone else's work. Cartoons, books, comics, Foreign hits (Japan and Scandinavia mainly). Surprised we haven't seen a crusader Arn remake yet (although I might actually go see that, the original was pretty awesome).

Edit: LotR was the only exception, for me anyway. Read the books as a kid, and loved the movies. Cast, CG, story telling, etc, that was done very well.

I agree that there have been some rather bad ripoffs, but if we didn't have these comic, cartoon, and foreign remakes, then we'd be stuck with ****ty ass American made romantic comedies with Jennifer Aniston and Justin Timberlake, which just the thought of is vomit inducing. My theory is, if you don't like it, don't watch it. I got caught up in Twilight, read all the books, then came to my senses and realized that I didn't like them. So I've never seen any of the movies. My dad constantly says that JK Rowling took all her ideas from JRR Tolkien. He has the right to believe whatever he wants. He doesn't have to read or watch Harry Potter.

Everyone's inspiration comes from somewhere. Nothing new is ever made anymore.

MikeyC

This sounds suspiciously similar to a book I read many moons ago called The Contest by Matthew Reilly. Set in the New York Public Library, there's a whole bunch of different species, one is human, and the last one to survive gets to leave.

That was a good book, actually.

Feathers

I've seen the commercials for the new film on E! LOL

(I'm not sure if I'm not too scared to watch it :) Though it sounds vaguely intriguing! :)
I just hope 'powers that be' don't really get such ideas!?? It's not far from some of the things happening worldwide eh??)

I liked some films/books, some have been done badly though yup... Sometimes it's better to watch the film 1st - though you may be disappointed by it later, when you read the book! :)
Or you may like the book more... It may be better if you don't read and watch film 'close together', with some space apart! :)

Iluv

I know the movie is coming out I just saw the trailer. They have like go-cart helmets on and stuff. Looks fun!

Shyangel

This series sounds awesome. I'm totally gonna look into it. Along with the book Mikey mentioned. It sounds cool as well...Now, me remembering to look into these, is very unlikely, but who knows....lightning does strike twice sometimes.