Ever feel un-attractive ?

jayfan

my personality makes me unattractive. My body is alright but my mind is horrible. i always get initial interest but as soon as conversation starts people start avoiding me.

PhantomPod

The only reason I have been made to feel unattractive throughout my life is because I have never been like a "normal" girl. I have always been androgynous and more on the masculine side and now I even have short hair and I "look like a boy."

So, I have always been androgynous and that has made me feel unattractive because I always knew that I was not "pretty" like the other girls. Now that I am older I feel a bit more comfortable with my looks and I feel OK with not being "pretty" like a typical girl and I sometimes even feel like I am quite handsome.

No one has ever called me ugly or anything like that, but people have been rude to me many times when they have been confused about my gender and I have always gotten asked, "are you a boy or a girl?"

Kenny1973

Yes, all the time. At High School i was mocked and ridiculed over my appearance. I'd love to have a normal looking face.

Marc7

Well I do all the time because o my skin and body shape. By the way it doesn't help that i feel inferior to people due to possible avpd.

Jessquietgirl

To start off, if I were to rate myself from 1-10 I'd honestly say I'm either a 5 or a 6 rating on my physical appearance. I don't want to be some of those people that sound vain, but I know that I'm not the MOST prettiest girl that has ever walked on this planet. I still have flaws and problems just like everyone else, just like every other human being on Earth. I sometimes hate when people overstate comments like "You have the greatest hair in the world." "You are perfect." I mean don't get me wrong, I don't mind receiving compliments once in a while if someone tells me your hair looks nice today or I love your shoes, ect. But there's times where people like to go over board and act as if I'm the only person in this world that's flawless and probably think I'm free from any problem in life. Wrong. I think due to my appearance, it may be part of the reason why no one ever takes me seriously, even if I try to show them my other qualities/traits that are worth more than just my appearance alone. Some people can't look beyond that. The only reason I look "perfect" when ever I meet people for any occasion is the make up that hides all my imperfections underneath. I'm not here to prove I'm better than anyone because of my looks. I have flaws/qualities about myself that don't make me perfect that people wouldn't notice, I'll list them: Flat feet, pimples/zits, dry thick hair, dark circles under eyes, double joints, near eye sightedness, non verbal skills, clumsiness, moles(there's one above my left eyebrow I had to get scraped off), tremors in my hands, ect. The only reason they don't notice these imperfections is when I fix myself up. That is the only time that people see who I am, they don't see the other side of me. Now if a lot of people knew all about this, I think they would be able to understand that I'm just like everyone else that has problems. I get irritated when people will treat me as if I'm a princess/ragdoll and I feel if it weren't for my looks alone, I would've never gone this far in my life, what with keeping friends/catching other people's attention. It's not necessarily a good thing that if all people are going to care about are my looks, then they are only going to see that aspect of myself and nothing more. I don't want to be seen as this typical eye candy hollywood star with no substance. I have talents that I'd like to pursue, writing, music, art, ect.

I wish people would admire someone based on their character than on their looks. It's insulting how people treat you better when you look slim and pretty than when you are a fatty.

sure everyone does but I think its important not to define your value as a person in terms of your perceived attractiveness.

WARNING:I am so sorry for the disgusting cheesiness of what I am about to say

It is not possible for anybody to be 100% attractive to everyone since everyone is attracted to different things. It is not attainable however it is possible to be 100% attractive to the right person(And by 'right person' I mean to the right people with which you are compatible). Its about so much more than looks. We're a collection of traits and yea its probably true 'there'll always be someone better at this thing or that thing ' but nobody will ever be better at being you than you are, you're the only one who can 100% attain that and that is what will be 100% attractive to the right person.

People's comments...em I dont see many people....when I was younger in school -like a lot people on here I got nasty comments made to me and I stopped going to school . Nowadays I honestly have no idea how I would react to the people making comments...Id be gobsmacked so probably I'd react with surprise since its very odd for grown adults to act like that...I think I would be genuinely embarrassed for them.

Last edited:

Megaten

Yeah it's pretty much defined who I am. Bullys teased me from 3rd grade all the way up to 10th and usually it was to make fun of my appearance. Ive worked on a lot of things since then but it became so much a part of my personality that I cant really see it being different.