Dull brain

shakethelight

Stigma i suppose. I was recieving treatment for depression around 2007 but i began to feel better so i went to my dr and came off the meds. I've been in a relapse now since 2010 or so a few months after stopping treatment. I can't remember the last time i've been genuinely happy, i might get a few moments of happiness some days but it does not last. I don't know how to laugh anymore, i just fake laugh/smile when i feel i have to.::(:

Thats what a lot of people experience, they start to feel better than stop treatment. I would take my meds, feel better, stop & spiral into a deep depression. It's taking me a while to get the right combo going but there is hope if you stick with it.

You shouldn't be embarassed by seeking help. A lot of people suffer form some form of mental illness. And you are deserving of the best quaility of life possible. You just need to accept that this is apart of your life. I hope you find some happiness. again.

@cowboy. My doctor recently put me on Adderall for add & its helping me tremendously. I can think clearly. I am more calm. My anxiety has really went down too. Overall I just feel level out. The only downside is you are always thirsty & really have to force yourself to eat.

I would get the courage to ask your doctor about it. Maybe ask if you just try it out for a week & see how you feel.

gustavofring

i have similar problems, like im living in a fog..i will turn on a movie to watch, watch the first 15 minutes but cant 'get into it', then surf the net, then do this or that..my mind isnt focused on what it should be...it seems alot of times my mind isnt focused on anything, just blank..im asleep at the wheel so much of the time..when i do talk to people i absorb maybe half of what they say..im not sure what the treatment is for this..i do think caffeine helps this but then u have the crash etc etc..

i exercise every day too and i feel sluggish too much of the time..it really sucks, i have to drag myself out to workout..it gets very old..

Caffeine only makes things worse for me. I still drink it though but I shouldn't.
With caffeine I get the energy and the kick, but I then can't think clearly and end up actually being non-productive, procrastinating and being twitchy. I want too much and burn out fast from the stuff, unable to focus. Not too mention it affects sleep and makes me anxious.

Invisibleman

i know EXACTLY what you're talking about,I was thinking
of it just this morning.

I feel like the more that im alone the more stupid
I seem to get. I used to feel pretty smart, atleast above average intelligence. I used to know incredibly random things and had knowledge of many subjects. Now these days its all starting to leave me
and I cant get it back.

The brain is like a muscle, it has to be used in order to stay sharp. But im so isolated all of the time with no contact.All I do is sit around and watch sports, its like my brain lies dormant and begins to shrivel up like a prune.

Lately ive hung out with a friend a few times and after we're done having a living,breathing conversation my brain actually feels better as ridiculous as it sounds.

Gaucho

The brain is like a muscle, it has to be used in order to stay sharp. But im so isolated all of the time with no contact.All I do is sit around and watch sports, its like my brain lies dormant and begins to shrivel up like a prune.

Thank you, finally i know why I'm complete retarded, better said, why i turned complete reatarded over the last years:)

Loneliness depression and anxiety are all taxing activities on the brain , most of the energy we use is not for heating our bodies or moving about. Its our brains , so naturally if your brain is running on overdrive mode which it will be if you are having anxiety , depression , loneliness. Your naturally gonna burn througn a lot more energy and if you lose a lot of energy everything else will suffer because of that

Rodney

This is exactly how I've been feeling for the last 4 years. I can't retain information and when people talk I have a hard time understanding what they're saying. I really want to get better. I really want to get better. I feel sick thinking about this bull ****.

Richey

You should have seen me at work last work at training, ugh! 30+ other seasoned production line experts and me trying to fit in working amongst them. really confident types, as hard as nails, with me trying to remember about 200 variables of tasks in a high pressure environment. just very-very exhausting and a little depressing. Good at some things, horrible at other things.

angelcat

I have had those dull feelings off and on my whole life. Not being able to hold a conversation, responding slow, not being able to follow a story. I believe it is caused from depression, anxiety or maybe a learning disability. I also think depression can literally cause the brain to deteriorate if left untreated.

Unfunny64

wow I never even realized this but I think it does now that you mention it.

Whenever I feel bad or down I now noticed that during those times that I did have trouble concentrating, being interested in anything, and was having problems talking to people or keeping a conversation going.

Then on days where I felt great I noticed that I seem to do more things, start more conversations, and just enjoy life in general. Its funny because when I do feel awesome and everything just goes better than usual I just shrug it off as something magical happened that day lol.

LazyHermitCrab

I know how you feel. I just give the bare minimum when talking with people. I try to make the person talk about themself because I'm not sure what to say. I think something that could help is to write down what interests you, watch a few movies about it, and be an expert on those topics.

Foxface

Does loneliness/depression/anxiety cause the brain to be dull?

What i mean is for a few weeks my brain has become incredibly dull, i cannot form ideas o'r concentrate on anything. The only thing that seems to go through my head is past memories and regrets.

How it is affecting me -

I have a hard time forming ideas and topics of conversation i feel incredibly boring, can usually only respond with Yes and no answers.

I can't focus on films, like i went to see the new Batman a week ago and i wasn't absorbing most of the plot.

My boss is getting more and more frustrated and is snapping at me. I've been in the job since May and i still don't really know what i am doing, i still am reliant on my boss telling me what to do. He shouts at me saying things like ''YOU SHOULD KNOW BY NOW, YOU'VE BEEN HERE LONG ENOUGH!'' I then get so nervous i perform my job worse.

When someone talks to me i pretend i am interested and absorbing what they are saying but nothing sinks in.

Generally my brain is not functioning as it should, i feel really slow and unable to perform simple tasks.::(:

Yes. My brain is shinking, and even things that someone in juoir high would know, I can't remember.

I am so stupid at times. Not only is my brain fialing, but my eyesight and short term memory is too.

recluse

I have had those dull feelings off and on my whole life. Not being able to hold a conversation, responding slow, not being able to follow a story. I believe it is caused from depression, anxiety or maybe a learning disability. I also think depression can literally cause the brain to deteriorate if left untreated.

I am unable to hold a conversation o'r even think of things to talk about....I feel empty. I alos have a hard time following things.