drinking alone

Richey

I do that every couple of months or so. I will buy a 6 pack of Heineken or something like that and drink by myself. I don't mind it too much, as long as I remind myself that I cannot make it a habit.

yeh this is the way to go regarding drinking alone! especially if you dont get the chance to go out with people alot, give yourself some escapism just so you can relax every so often, especially if you always feel under pressure and you need something to loosen up. once every two months or so makes it even more exciting because it becomes a treat. i say this even though i dont like the taste of alcohol except for corona and strongbow.

Flowers-Of-Bloom

If I had easy access to alcohol, I would drink alone at home, if I was depressed/stressed out.
Not a good thing.

Vodka, bourbon... preferably. I hate beer.
I tried Sake once... It was like hot water.

market.garden

Sake is horrid stuff.

I try to avoid drinking if I'm already in a bad mood as it just makes me more depressed and anxious.

Lexmark

i drink 12 beers alone at night usually 3 to 4 days a week
Once in a while ill take a few weeks off

recluse

I rarely get drunk, i just enjoy one o'r two drinks with food mainly. Then again i don't feel the need for alcohol...I can live without it. The only thing about alcohol is that it tends to make me more depressed as the effects wear off, once i was drinking Absinthe alone and i just cried for a solid half an hour!

Sinar_Matahari

Well, the most I would do is have a glass or two of red wine (I hate white wine) with a meal or some good cheese. I otherwise do not like to drink in a home setting.I don't like the taste of most alcohol, and I do not like the feeling of being very drunk. I only drink when I am in social situations when I'm trying to loosen up my anxiety. Also, my mother was an alcoholic so that turns me off to drinking alone or drinking at home.
You shouldn't feel embarrassed for drinking alone, but I don't think it's very good for your mental or physical health in the long run.

Sinar_Matahari

I rarely get drunk, i just enjoy one o'r two drinks with food mainly. Then again i don't feel the need for alcohol...I can live without it. The only thing about alcohol is that it tends to make me more depressed as the effects wear off, once i was drinking Absinthe alone and i just cried for a solid half an hour!

Ah, absinthe. I was puking for half an hour after five shots! lol That's okay though because I had fun before I reached my limit.
I'm sorry to hear that it made you sad.

I sometimes drink some bear alone. Maybe a couple of times in month. Never drinked strong drinks alone. I'm quite skiny so I don't need a lot to drink to get drunk. 6 beers and I'm OK... Usualy 2-4 beers.

NothingElseMatters

I sometimes drink some bear alone. Maybe a couple of times in month. Never drinked strong drinks alone. I'm quite skiny so I don't need a lot to drink to get drunk. 6 beers and I'm OK... Usualy 2-4 beers.

same here... and i dont drink often but i enjoy the times i do.beer is better than water in the summer;)